ADVERTISEMENT

Smash and Grab

HALL85

All Universe
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
I'm not sure what's worse; How brazen these robberies are?, Or, that there does not seem to be any energy spent on catching and prosecuting the criminals.

Doesn't seem like anyone cares about the continued degradation of the cities that are getting hit the hardest. My daughter works in mid-town and they are back in the office (3 days/week). Company policy is now everyone MUST leave the office by 4:30 and take an Uber out of the area (company pays) because of the crime and danger. Employees have gotten attacked. Downtown San Francisco is even worse. This is really a head-scratcher. Criminals have figured out how to take advantage of the legislation, bail reform and hands-off policing in these cities. Who didn't see this coming?

https://www.newsnationnow.com/morninginamerica/smash-and-grab-robbery-crime-wave-continues/

It's disgusting but this is what happens when politicians put the interests of criminals and would-be criminals before those of normal people. Also when people scream "defund the police" and police departments are scapegoated.

Hopefully the new mayor of New York doesn't get pulled to the radical left and can remember where he came from.

Reactions: SPK145
Dems have controlled many big cities that are crime havens for 50 years.Too bad people won’t take a chance on Republican leadership.Maybe if enough business leave these cities people will decide not to automatically pull the dem lever when they vote.May be why the push to have illegal immigrants given the right to vote now exists in some cities and is proposed in NYC.Even Pelosi is moving from SanFran to Florida to get away from cream puff Newsome.

I hate bail reform. I believe it is horrible take on the criminal justice system. In NJ, bail reform was done by Republican governor Chris Christie. I saw Christie on TV last week touting bail reform in NJ. Violent crime is up in NJ and murders are up. Most people get released after arrest - Even violent offenders.

Some cities in California even made the ridiculous notion to decriminalize shoplifting of anything less than $950. This is all bad policy. Remember this is not only a Dem issue there are Republicans beyond this effort as well.

Let's not make this about defund the police. That movement is dead and wasn't going anywhere.

Is it coincidence or is there a connection that you have more of this type of activity happening in cities where there is an enormous wealth gap from top to bottom? San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Los Angeles, etc.

The anti/defund the police has added to it as the rank and file are not going to respond to these crimes as fast, as there is no upside in doing so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT