ADVERTISEMENT

Stephon Castle

Wow - I would take him with pick #5.

Something very special about this player.......skill is obvious, but he makes it look effortless
He was a little rough at the start of the season coming off injury, but even then you could see hear the potential to be something special. His game is really coming together now.

Reactions: Piratz
Fortunately for Castle, you won't be making that decision.
That’s true. I’ve seen him as high as # 6 on that mock drafts
I like Ja’Kobe Walter from Baylor better as a prospect at this stage

Newton was on ecu played uconn the last time there was a leap day quite a story
He put up something like 25 against us, if I recall correctly. That said, he's a much more balanced player now. He has four triple doubles while at Connecticut.

Simple and the reason we had as much chance of beating UConn Sunday as DePaul has of beating us next week. NIL.

Hurley had nearly 5 X as much money to buy a roster as Holloway had. That's' why we have such a minimum of quality Big East players on the team.

Simple and the reason we had as much chance of beating UConn Sunday as DePaul has of beating us next week. NIL.

Hurley had nearly 5 X as much money to buy a roster as Holloway had. That's' why we have such a minimum of quality Big East players on the team.
The truth hurts.Castle lined up physically with KR and did a good job neutralizing him offensively.

I don’t disagree with you

But than why has UConn had superior talent to us for 95% of the last 25 years prior to NIL?

It’s not like it was even and than NIL came and they pulled ahead

UConn is not a fair match-up to Seton Hall. They are a state school and an absolute Blue Blood.

They have been to six Final Fours and are 5 times National Champions. 1999. 2004, 2011, 2014, 2023.

Seton Hall will never swim in the same pool.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Agree on Castle but not Karabin. Dre outplayed him significantly in both of our match ups this year.

You really can't discount the advantage these guys have playing with a skilled 7'2" center.

Simple, I have been listing teams in the conference who dwarf what the Hall can afford to pay. UConn was one. There were many others.
Ok and I get it. You’ve done a tremendous job pushing nil here..ive given to nil..i understand its value

But again, how many of those teams that dwarf us have we consistently out-recruited prior to nil?

Reactions: Hall Is Life
I figure our NIL was under $500k given the delays in organizing and funding the new practice facility. I wonder what players Sha would’ve had on the roster had he had even $1.5M.

I still think Sha may be COY even over Hurley if we finish 13-7 bc the other teams now the NIL deal.

Ok and I get it. You’ve done a tremendous job pushing nil here..i've given to nil..i understand its value

But again, how many of those teams that dwarf us have we consistently out-recruited prior to nil?
Thank you for donating

Big East regular season record

'24 11-7

'23 10-10

'22 11-8

'21 10-9

'20 13-5

'19 9-9

'18 10-8

'17 10-8

'16 12-6

9 seasons without a losing record.

The unusual thing is that our last losing record was the freshmen year of our best class ever. Led by 5 star Isaiah Whitehead.

Thank you for donating

'24 11-7

'23 10-10

'22 11-8

'21 10-9

'20 13-5

'19 9-9

'18 10-8

'17 10-8

'16 12-6

The unusual thing is that our last losing record was the freshmen year of our best class ever. Led by 5 star Isaiah Whitehead.
An unprecedented run. Previous high was 3

Reactions: Halldan1
Thank you for donating

'24 11-7

'23 10-10

'22 11-8

'21 10-9

'20 13-5

'19 9-9

'18 10-8

'17 10-8

'16 12-6

That’s not what I said..those are records

I said how many of these teams that dwarf us in nil were we out recruiting prior to nil?

Nova..no
Marquette..no
UConn..no
Georgetown..mostly no
Xavier..no
Providence..close but I would say no
St John’s..no
Creighton..no

I don’t disagree with you

But than why has UConn had superior talent to us for 95% of the last 25 years prior to NIL?

It’s not like it was even and than NIL came and they pulled ahead
Wait—do you really believe UConn hasn’t been paying players for the last 25 years?

If so, there’s this really nice bridge that goes from Fort Lee to New York City.

I hear it’s on sale….

Reactions: silkcitypirate

I said how many of these teams that dwarf us in nil were we out recruiting prior to nil?

Nova..no
Marquette..no
UConn..no
Georgetown..mostly no
Xavier..no
St John’s..no
Creighton..no
My point is SHU as the underdog does a fine job with what they have at their disposal. The NIL has now made that even more difficult.

Looking at the records knowing before and now during past and current seasons the Pirates have done so much more with so much less.

Imagine if we could even come close to closing the financial gap that now exists what Holloway could do moving forward.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Nova..no
Marquette..no
UConn..no
Georgetown..mostly no
Xavier..no
St John’s..no
Creighton..no
Seriously? Georgetown, St. John's and Xavier? Maybe Xavier for a year or two when Mack was there. But otherwise, no. Same for Providence.

Wait—do you really believe UConn hasn’t been paying players for the last 25 years?

If so, there’s this really nice bridge that goes from Fort Lee to New York City.

I hear it’s on sale….
I’m saying the opposite actually..thanks

Seriously? Georgetown, St. John's and Xavier? Maybe Xavier for a year or two when Mack was there. But otherwise, no. Same for Providence.
Recruiting?! Not even close…for the past 20 years? St. John’s has out recruited us and so has PC

Not saying records

Recruiting?! Not even close…for the past 20 years? St. John’s has out recruited us and so has PC

Not saying records
You are what your record says you are, and the game is won with recruiting.
Who from SJU and PC - over the last 20 years - would you take over Powell, Whitehead, Carrington, Delgado, Edwin, Hazell? That's just off the top of my head.

Who from SJU and PC - over the last 20 years - would you take over Powell, Whitehead, Carrington, Delgado, Edwin, Hazell? That's just off the top of my head.
I would take Kris Dunn, Geoff McDermott, marshawn brooks..Ledo..Lyndsey.. over except whitehead and Delgado..Powell was slightly overrated here as a volume shooter/scorer

Again you’re missing the point. @Halldan1 said we lost by 30 because our NIL sucks

My point is NIL is obviously important but we have NEVER recruited well even prior to NIL..we got good transfers and developed talent..so what is the difference?

We have been at a giant recruiting disadvantage for 25 years..this isn’t new

I would add too that the new transfer rules hurt us more than nil does

I hear it’s on sale….
:rolleyes:

I would take Kris Dunn, Geoff McDermott, marshawn brooks..Ledo..Lyndsey.. over except whitehead and Delgado..Powell was slightly overrated here as a volume shooter/scorer

Again you’re missing the point. @Halldan1 said we lost by 30 because our NIL sucks

My point is NIL is obviously important but we have NEVER recruited well even prior to NIL..we got good transfers and developed talent..so what is the difference?

We have been at a giant recruiting disadvantage for 25 years..this isn’t new
I agree with everything you said except that Powell was overrated. Since I can’t see you, I’m assuming you didn’t type that with a straight face.

I agree with everything you said except that Powell was overrated. Since I can’t see you, I’m assuming you didn’t type that with a straight face.
I guess I should hedge that…JR Powell was great..Senior Powell was very overrated…I always had a soft spot for whitehead he was different and just that whole ordeal made us real deal and he was a pro

Angel was different because we never get prized big men like that and really set a tone of our style of play and identity for 4 years

The rest were good college basketball players but way way overrated by this board..hence all of the “let downs” and “wasted talent” they basically were what they were..maybe 1 NCAAT victory shy of potential

I guess I should hedge that…JR Powell was great..Senior Powell was very overrated…I always had a soft spot for whitehead he was different and just that whole ordeal made us real deal and he was a pro

Angel was different because we never get prized big men like that and really set a tone of our style of play and identity for 4 years

The rest were good college basketball players but way way overrated by this board..hence all of the “let downs” and “wasted talent” they basically were what they were..maybe 1 NCAAT victory shy of potential
Powell’s concussion derailed his senior year. He wasn’t the same after he got knocked out of the RU game.

Whitehead was obviously great but got slaughtered in his lone NCAA Tournament game.

We all know Delgado’s teams should have won more. Especially his senior year.

Powell’s senior year team could have gone all the way but we’ll never know.

Myles Powell was the furthest thing from overrated. He was generational.

Agree on Castle but not Karabin. Dre outplayed him significantly in both of our match ups this year.

You really can't discount the advantage these guys have playing with a skilled 7'2" center.
Agree that Davis played well in both UCONN games, but Karabin appears as mid-ish second rounder in NBA mock drafts. Dre is nowhere to be seen.

Agree that Davis played well in both UCONN games, but Karabin appears as mid-ish second rounder in NBA mock drafts. Dre is nowhere to be seen.
Karaban is a 39% three-point shooter over two years at UConn and almost 49% overall.

That's 49% while taking nearly six of every 10 shots from beyond the arc.

He'll make a living in the NBA some day.

Reactions: CL82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT