ADVERTISEMENT

Still cant believe dems tried to push this idiot

Again, I am adamant in my response to Pride. He said Trump would have sent the troops but was blocked by Pelosi. That is just not true because it’s not possible.

To your point. Yes, anything is possible I suppose. Nothing to suggest it’s true, and I don’t think it makes much sense but not really worth arguing.
Yes you were adament about my comment about Pelosi's role in calling in the guard. But you missed my overrall point and instead harped on one comment out of what is a reasonable approach to the jan 6 debacle. My over arching point is that the commission needs to focus on all of the possible scenarios that resulted in the Jan 6 debacle. Like all of the democrat positions since the 2016 election, they create a scenario and try to spin the facts and create falsehoods to support the scenario. They need to make a good faith effort to investigate everything about the riot that day and not just focus on preventing Trump from running again. You are silent on that point. Personally, I hope Trump doesn't run again.... but the democrats are fighting for their lives here and will pull out all stops to futher damage Trump.

Reactions: Pirata
Yes you were adament about my comment about Pelosi's role in calling in the guard. But you missed my overrall point and instead harped on one comment out of what is a reasonable approach to the jan 6 debacle. My over arching point is that the commission needs to focus on all of the possible scenarios that resulted in the Jan 6 debacle. Like all of the democrat positions since the 2016 election, they create a scenario and try to spin the facts and create falsehoods to support the scenario. They need to make a good faith effort to investigate everything about the riot that day and not just focus on preventing Trump from running again. You are silent on that point. Personally, I hope Trump doesn't run again.... but the democrats are fighting for their lives here and will pull out all stops to futher damage Trump.
Like the obsession with impeachment while ignoring the initial onslaught of the pandemic?

Thats not how investigations work though. You don’t make up a fake theory and investigate it with zero evidence. You interview people and investigate the path where it leads.

You’re suggestions that when Jan 6th is fully investigated, we will find democrats to blame is pure fiction.

Bluntly Trump should never be able to run again based on that day alone, but he’s convinced his cult that he somehow deserves to.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
My over arching point is that the commission needs to focus on all of the possible scenarios that resulted in the Jan 6 debacle.

Exactly.

My understanding is that 95+ per cent of the protester's were peaceful. There was a tn of peolleonthe mal that were no where near the capital.

The nutjobs had already assembled long before Trump's speech and I doubt many of them heard it. Of the people that entered the capital, most were peaceful, albeit clownlike. The violent ones should and are being dealt with accordingly.

The notion that it was an insurrection is absurd. @Merge, queue the Webster's definition and try to assert that it was.

For arguments sake lets say they actually took over the capital building. Exactly how long do you think they would have lasted? Do really think Trump would have gone down there and declared himself president? Give me a break.

IMO, this was a botched job at security that could have easily been prevented. But now that it happened, the Dems will squeeze out every ounce of spin.

Next round of insanity: Fried compares DeSantis to Hitler.

Fried: "I saw the rise of Hitler"

She was born in 1977. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
The notion that it was an insurrection is absurd. @Merge, queue the Webster's definition and try to assert that it was.

“an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government”

I mean… by definition, that is what some people were doing there. Some thought by delaying the vote, they could overturn the results of the election. Just because the criminal was stupid, that doesn’t mean a crime was not attempted.

I’d agree most there that day were peaceful, and though I feel bad for the people who got caught up in the moment and didn’t realize what they were doing when they went into the capitol, I don’t think there is a valid excuse for them being there.

I agree Dems are overstating what happened that day for sure though.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
If you include the definition of Revolt then I don't think it rises to that level.

Revolt:
a renouncing of allegiance (as to a government or party) especially : a determined armed uprising.

I don't think you could classify the events of that day as a determined armed uprising. Some of the knuckleheads were carrying. I truly do not think any of them had any intention of using their guns. I believe they were carrying as an expression of their 2nd amendment rights. I cannot recall seeing anyone who drew a weapon let alone fired one or threatened to fire one.

The rest of your post was was an accurate assessment.

Last edited:
If you include the definition of Revolt then I don't think it rises to that level.

Revolt:
a renouncing of allegiance (as to a government or party) especially : a determined armed uprising.

I don't think you could classify the events of that day as a determined armed uprising. Some of the knuckleheads were carrying. I truly do not think any of them had any intention of using their guns. I believe they were carrying as an expression of their 2nd amendment rights. I cannot recall seeing anyone who drew a weapon let alone fired one or threatened to fire one.

The rest of your post was was an accurate assessment.

Yeah, that’s fair. Honestly hadn’t thought much about the phrase specifically. Would flagpoles (when used as weapons at least), pepper spray and bats or whatever would qualify as “arms” there?

Thats not how investigations work though. You don’t make up a fake theory and investigate it with zero evidence. You interview people and investigate the path where it leads.

You’re suggestions that when Jan 6th is fully investigated, we will find democrats to blame is pure fiction.

Bluntly Trump should never be able to run again based on that day alone, but he’s convinced his cult that he somehow deserves
I think you just agreed with me that the commission's main purpose is to keep Trump from running again. Hey.... you put words in my mouth.

I think you just agreed with me that the commission's main purpose is to keep Trump from running again. Hey.... you put words in my mouth.

No, I don’t think that’s their main purpose. I think they are right to investigate what lead up to the attack and where the failures were that day. Just happens that all roads lead to the person in charge. The person that people were begging to ask his supporters to stop, but he didn’t until it was too late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT