ADVERTISEMENT

Supply Chain Issues Beyond The Abilities Of Mayor Pete

ed odowd

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2013
Transportation Secretary Pete who formerly was mayor of the hamlet South Bend is 37 and has no experience in transportation which isn’t required in the Biden cabinet which boasts energy lightweight the laughing Jennifer.Pete said today that one of the big problems is that truckers are not unionized.Biden constantly talks about unions even though they currently represent about 7% of the private workforce ( in fairness maybe he doesn’t know this like many other things he doesn’t know) Vaccine mandate will really impact number of truckers which again little Pete may not realize since he is coming off a 2 month paternity leave which I guess he figured he didn’t know what to do about the supply chain so it didn’t matter if he wasn’t in the office..Biden approval rating 38% can he get to 30% by year end ?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Transportation Secretary Pete who formerly was mayor of the hamlet South Bend is 37 and has no experience in transportation which isn’t required in the Biden cabinet which boasts energy lightweight the laughing Jennifer.Pete said today that one of the big problems is that truckers are not unionized.Biden constantly talks about unions even though they currently represent about 7% of the private workforce ( in fairness maybe he doesn’t know this like many other things he doesn’t know) Vaccine mandate will really impact number of truckers which again little Pete may not realize since he is coming off a 2 month paternity leave which I guess he figured he didn’t know what to do about the supply chain so it didn’t matter if he wasn’t in the office..Biden approval rating 38% can he get to 30% by year end ?
When I see rants like this I wait for a substantive rant from the other side.
Usually doesn’t happen. Here must be because we all know how experiences someone like Pete is.

This is a good example of why you never want to let the government run anything that private industry can do. You have a lifelong politician (Biden) who names someone with zero experience to run the Department of Transportation.

And it goes both ways (i.e. Trump)...where in any industry can you put someone in the top position that has zero experience in any jobs before that?

Reactions: afghan whigs
This is a good example of why you never want to let the government run anything that private industry can do.

This is not a good example of that at all. The supply chain issues are pretty much all happening from points in the private sector. They need the government to step in because they didn't plan for this much volume.

This is what you get with an identity politics administration
Trumps cabinet picks received daily scrutiny (and some deservedly so), but you have Buttigieg (Transportation), Mayorkas (Homeland Security) and Harris (VP) who have been complete failures (supply chain and immigration) and ill-equipped for the job with very little, if any, MSM criticism.

This is not a good example of that at all. The supply chain issues are pretty much all happening from points in the private sector. They need the government to step in because they didn't plan for this much volume.
...and his plan is what???

...and his plan is what???

I am fine with your sentiment of saying he isn't qualified for the role. I think that is true, but you characterization that "you never want to let the government run anything that private industry can do" is just wrong. That is not what happened here... and these issues started before Biden took office but no one is here blaming Elaine Chao. That would be ridiculous. Just like this thread.

I am fine with your sentiment of saying he isn't qualified for the role. I think that is true, but you characterization that "you never want to let the government run anything that private industry can do" is just wrong. That is not what happened here... and these issues started before Biden took office but no one is here blaming Elaine Chao. That would be ridiculous. Just like this thread.
Where was Elaine Chao? Did she have a plan? I've seen the good of what the government can do (OWS, harnessing the power of private industry) and the bad (taking their eye off the ball on future pandemic planning). They have a role in coordinating and mobilizing industries when needed...llike Chao and Buttegieg should be doing....rather than taking family leave.

Of course it’s ridiculous in your opinion.

They need the government to step in because they didn't plan for this much volume.
Is this much volume so much more than what it was 2 years ago or in any other normal year? I honestly don't know, hence my asking.

Where was Elaine Chao? Did she have a plan? I've seen the good of what the government can do (OWS, harnessing the power of private industry) and the bad (taking their eye off the ball on future pandemic planning). They have a role in coordinating and mobilizing industries when needed

"When needed" is the key word there. Bluntly, they shouldn't be needed here. This was a lack of planning and preparation that was many years in the making... and now you want to place the blame on someone because they took time to bond with their child, instead of actually talking about what got us here.

Is this much volume so much more than what it was 2 years ago or in any other normal year? I honestly don't know, hence my asking.

Yea, much higher than any previous year.
Port of Long Beach container imports for example is 14% higher inbound in 9 months of 2021 than all of 2018 which saw the most volume there. On pace for a a 50% increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: ed odowd
Would the Dems be that tone deaf to nominate Pete for President in 2024 ? I sure hope so

"When needed" is the key word there. Bluntly, they shouldn't be needed here. This was a lack of planning and preparation that was many years in the making... and now you want to place the blame on someone because they took time to bond with their child, instead of actually talking about what got us here.
Government should always provide oversight and work with industry to anticipate downstream issues. I can speak from personal experience that it does not happen. Reactionary. Buttigieg no different. Is he still studying the issue or does he have to get home to put dinner on the table?

Another guy that doesn’t appreciate humor. Lighten up.
As someone who loves comedy and knows quite a few who make a living at it, I would have to say that if this is your attempt at humor, you must be a real hit at dinner parties. I’m sure people are knocking down your door for your sharp rapier wit humor to join them.

As someone who loves comedy and knows quite a few who make a living at it, I would have to say that if this is your attempt at humor, you must be a real hit at dinner parties. I’m sure people are knocking down your door for your sharp rapier wit humor to join them.
Yeah, as you know, I don’t do bitter, ranting posts like some people. I love and appreciate good comedy. Give me vintage Lewis Black or Dice Clay anytime.

Going through life miserable and woke doesn’t seem like fun to me.

Yeah, as you know, I don’t do bitter, ranting posts like some people. I love and appreciate good comedy. Give me vintage Lewis Black or Dice Clay anytime.

Myron Cohen!

Myron Cohen!

Gotta love the Borscht Belt

This is a good example of why you never want to let the government run anything that private industry can do. You have a lifelong politician (Biden) who names someone with zero experience to run the Department of Transportation.

And it goes both ways (i.e. Trump)...where in any industry can you put someone in the top position that has zero experience in any jobs before that?
Yup, they all do it and it’s crap.

And I don’t dislike Mayor Pete. I don’t like secretary of transportation Pete.

Reactions: HALL85
Yup, they all do it and it’s crap.

And I don’t dislike Mayor Pete. I don’t like secretary of transportation Pete.
Exactly, seems like a nice guy that is way over his head. His experience is being a mayor…a mayor.

Bond with your child. That’s nice.

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s Rascals in West Orange had so many great comics come through there like Dice (he really only was a one trick pony) and Sam Kinison who was truly a phenomenal stand up. I have seen guys from Eddie Murphy to Jerry Seinfeld. And some great stand ups who never really made it.

Unfortunately, stand up is dead due to the Pc demands of people especially universities which used to be the place to tour for comics. My friend said years ago that he won’t play colleges anymore.

Dave Chappelle “controversy” is something I don’t understand. His show was funny and people are losing the ability to laugh at themselves.

Yea, much higher than any previous year.
Port of Long Beach container imports for example is 14% higher inbound in 9 months of 2021 than all of 2018 which saw the most volume there. On pace for a a 50% increase.
In fairness, the supply chain problems started during the pandemic, we needed tons of PPE which created an imbalance in the number of containers in the USA. More coming in then going out. Couple that with giving unemployment benefits to truckers and China closing some of its ports and you have a recipe for a huge mess. At one point there was a line of trucks in China 40 miles long waiting to drop off. We learned the hard way that shutting down huge economies is dangerous. Trump was going head to head with China, and love or hate him he was better suited to get us out of this mess. Biden is back to global economics and trying to play nice at the expense of the American people. You cannot play nice with China, would not be surprised me if they bring us to our knees and capitalize on our weaken position. I believe China is at war and we better wake up before it’s too late. Mayor Pete sadly is not up for what’s happening.

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s Rascals in West Orange had so many great comics come through there like Dice (he really only was a one trick pony) and Sam Kinison who was truly a phenomenal stand up. I have seen guys from Eddie Murphy to Jerry Seinfeld. And some great stand ups who never really made it.

Unfortunately, stand up is dead due to the Pc demands of people especially universities which used to be the place to tour for comics. My friend said years ago that he won’t play colleges anymore.

Dave Chappelle “controversy” is something I don’t understand. His show was funny and people are losing the ability to laugh at themselves.
We went to Rascal’s all the time back then…lived a few Mike’s away….lol. Where we saw Dice a couple of times. Steven Wright, Bobby Collins, some great ones.

Saw Lewis Black right before COVID at Windcreek….45 minutes into the show he hadn’t done one political joke; not one. And he stops and goes into why he’s stopped doing them. Basically what you just said…PC culture and half the audience gets angry. And this from a comedian that makes fun of everyone. An artist unable to practice….sad.

Reactions: Hallsome
My buddy managed the rascals down at the shore, he became friends with Sam Kinison and said he was just as crazy hanging out having a beer as he was on stage. That was his personality. Tim Allen the toolman's routine at Rascals was amazing comedy as well!
My favorite Lewis Black line was "Democrats were the party of no ideas, while Republicans were the party of bad ideas"

Reactions: HALL85
Going to see Stephen Lynch next week, he isn't always PC either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT