ADVERTISEMENT

sycamorepride.com

HallX2

All World
Mar 25, 2005
Would have thought more activity there but they are pretty confident that they will prevail. We don’t shoot well and we have no depth is their rationale for dispatching us.

Both correct. lol

We'll have our work cut out for us. I've only watched a couple of their games but they really spread the floor and are disciplined on offense. Kind of like Creighton which always gives us fits.

This game wont be like the others. They are an ncaa tourny level team
I agree with you both. But we’re going to find out bc I do think there’s a pretty different class of athlete and tenacity that The Hall brings compared to what they’ve played.

They’re good and a well earned metrics darling, but they’re also not throwing Scheierman, Kalkbrennwr and Alexander out there.

FWIW, I took a look at how Indiana State played teams KP #65 or better. Seton Hall is #52 today.

They went 3-4 overall against such caliber of opponents in the regular season + conference tournament.

Wins
2 against Bradley (#64) one by 8, the other in OT
1 versus Drake (#55) by 8

Losses
Alabama (#12) by 22
Michigan State (#16) by 12
2 to Drake (#55), one by 11 and one by 4

But in the NIT they picked up 2 more over Cincinnati (#39) and Utah (#48), so 5-4.

Seton Hall was 9-10 in such. Out NIT wins are just outside that line.

Reactions: SHUSource
Their fanbase is cocksure of a win. If we play with the defensive tenacity we showed in our last 4 games and during our many Big East wins, then we should win. But the Sycamores are very good.

They can burn you with backdoor cuts, midrange shots, and even more so with 3 pointers. We must not get burned by over helping and then leaving perimeter open.

I am hoping we can try to turn them over and pressure their guards in key places.

I think Dre Davis should cover Robbie Avila. Give that a try.

Reactions: SHallguy2
Was surprised to see us open as 3 point favs considering it will essentially be a home game for ISU. This is also the type of team we generally struggle with. Well-coached and efficient on offense. Similar to Iowa.

We play our defense and Dawes/Richmond/Davis are focused we should be ok. Add in contribution from Sanders, EHE and Coleman... it's not going to be a cakewalk but no way is there not hope. Plus we play well at Hinkle and are used to the hostile environment 🤷

Reactions: PF58
We play our defense and Dawes/Richmond/Davis are focused we should be ok. Add in contribution from Sanders, EHE and Coleman... it's not going to be a cakewalk but no way is there not hope. Plus we play well at Hinkle and are used to the hostile environment 🤷
We know this team will put in the effort on defense when they need to. Last game of the season...last game for the seniors. I can see Kadary, Dawes and Dre putting on a show tonight...relentless.

this is the kinda game i think a coach can win for the team. different styles. but its also about which teams can execute what they're coach is trying to do

Reactions: PF58
Both teams are good. Indiana State will be playing in a pseudo home game so that will have a significant impact. I think on a neutral court Seton Hall would get the edge but I can see giving an edge to Indiana State in this situation.

Do I think Indiana state would finish 13-7 in the BigEast - HELL NO - but I think it's extremely difficult to beat good teams on the road in college basketball. This is the equivalent of us playing Indiana State at the RAC.

Reactions: Merge
It's gotta all be about game plan, game plan, game plan. I've not seen them play. But based on everything I've read and all the games I've seen us play, no outcome (we blow them out, they blow us out, a close win either way) would surprise me.

Thankfully, my inability to predict and game plan for them will have no impact on the outcome. Really really hope coach has our guys ready!

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Just checked their forum and a few pages of the game thread. Not a word of credit to the hall.
Oh well we would feel the same way. They are an excellent team and they should also be ticked off that Virginia was selected over them. We would not mind having a few of their players. You never know?? Great fans and they made that an impossible atmosphere.

Oh well we would feel the same way. They are an excellent team and they should also be ticked off that Virginia was selected over them. We would not mind having a few of their players. You never know?? Great fans and they made that an impossible atmosphere.
We'd definitely be down. But I would also credit their players for good play. There was a lot of it (just not when it counted most)

We dont give us any credit. Lol

Reactions: donnie_baseball
We'd definitely be down. But I would also credit their players for good play. There was a lot of it (just not when it counted most)
I believe they will moving forward. They absolutely thought they had the game when they made the deepest three of the season. That was a game played at a high level from an intensity standpoint. At some point Dawes looked like a great player. I believe they know they lost a heartbreaker to a very tough team in Seton Hall.

Reactions: LBP43
Just checked their forum and a few pages of the game thread. Not a word of credit to the hall.
most delusional fans of all time. their team is the biggest fraud in last 10 years. theyve beaten NOBODY. they actually think cincinatti and utah are marquee wins. cincinatti was 11th! in their conference. these are the kind of wins that are only good because they arent losses. no idea what world they are living in. would be chopped liver in the big east. everything in their favor and they still lost.

st joes was a harder team. refs had more to do with their success tonight.

this schedule is equivalent to beating only the bottom 3rd of the big east. sure its good to limit losses. but no surprise they couldnt close out a game vs an actual good team.

Reactions: hallwins
I looked about 30 minutes ago and noticed the same thing - not a word of credit. I’m glad our guys tore their hearts out.

They are complaining about the 9-0 run at the end of the game like it is all unfair. What about their 11-0 run before the half? What about their 8-0 run to go up seven? Sure, take away our 9-0 run, but also subtract theirs and this game really isn’t that close. They had everything going their way: the home court, the calls, the momentum….

Also, I don’t necessarily subscribe to the idea that they would be middle of the pack in our conference. Without a shred of doubt they’d be better than DePaul and Gtown, but I doubt they’d surpass Xavier or Butler. They’d get beat up on the vast majority of their road games in conference. I’d say eight conference wins.

Seems to me that Indiana State started celebrating when they took a 7 point lead with slightly more than 2 minutes to go. They started rushing their shots rather than trying to eat time. SHU on the other hand was experienced in pulling out games in the closing seconds. Great game. Greater win.

Tom K

Also, I don’t necessarily subscribe to the idea that they would be middle of the pack in our conference. Without a shred of doubt they’d be better than DePaul and Gtown, but I doubt they’d surpass Xavier or Butler. They’d get beat up on the vast majority of their road games in conference. I’d say eight conference wins.

that team was better than St. John’s, Villanova or providence this year imo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT