ADVERTISEMENT

The One Thing...

HallBoy32

Sophomore
Mar 24, 2016
Being ranked #13 in the country is not a fluke. It’s not a typo. These men deserve the ranking, and now the challenge is to justify and protect it.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, we are now officially going to get every team’s best shot. Every single team in the Big East has circled our game on the schedule and will do anything they can to beat us. This is really the first time this team has seen this happen. Interesting to see how they respond.

Being ranked #13 in the country is not a fluke. It’s not a typo. These men deserve the ranking, and now the challenge is to justify and protect it.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, we are now officially going to get every team’s best shot. Every single team in the Big East has circled our game on the schedule and will do anything they can to beat us. This is really the first time this team has seen this happen. Interesting to see how they respond.

You don't think every team brought their best shot to the defending big east champions returning 4 starters? Once we were 3-6, we became underdogs again and knew how to play that role. I don't think this is new territory but it's a territory we need to embrace and understand better than we have in the past.

You don't think every team brought their best shot to the defending big east champions returning 4 starters? Once we were 3-6, we became underdogs again and knew how to play that role. I don't think this is new territory but it's a territory we need to embrace and understand better than we have in the past.

No. When you have a high number next to your name, it adds extra juice. No one cares what you did in previous years.

No. When you have a high number next to your name, it adds extra juice. No one cares what you did in previous years.
I think Villanova will definitely disagree with that. They were on a mission to kick our ass because of what happened the previous year.

A lot of overthinking in all of this...

When Seton Hall was unranked, did anyone make a big deal because any opponent was ranked 13th? No. Because it’s the Big East. Games are hard, against ranked teams, teams receiving votes, teams with .500 records. There are exceptions, like Villanova playing as the national champ, but that’s about it.

This group of seniors have had enough success that if they haven’t figured out how to deal with it...well then that’s a problem.

You can't deny...when rated as high as we are ..there is an added incentive for teams below us.

I'm not a big believer in rankings changing how either team prepares or comes out to play. What it does impact is the road crowds. Just looking at when high ranked teams came to the Rock, there was a lot more anticipation and better crowds at the games. SHU will face that the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT