ADVERTISEMENT

Tough to figure this team out

Nbnylon

Senior
Apr 30, 2019
All season long we’ve been the proverbial roller coaster. It’s been the winter of champagne one game and pepto bismal the next.

Tough to figure this team out but a lot of it is mental. We can’t play when we want to play. It has to be every single minute of every single game. This team can be very good and also very bad it depends on their temperature on game day.

They don’t seem to be cohesive and play for each other like Providence has. Fight till the end.

That’s why I believe if we get a bye we take a first round knock out to the chin based on our attitude. However if we get a bye i truly believe we make it to the second weekend.

First we have to get in. That's 50/50 at best. I remember the crushing feeling in 2003 and I'm preparing for that again, just in case. I don't know how much the Committee is messing with brackets with these last minute Championship Week games. The Bracketologists do, but Carino seems to think the Committee is not on this rollercoaster anymore.

As far as the team goes, I disagree about the cohesion. The Hall has demonstrated it can play tough and together, that's why we're in NCAA Tournament contention.

I think the issue comes back to the roster and that's why we get blown out so much. We take care of bad teams. Against good teams, we only have 5-7 legit BE players and when they're bringing it with juice like our home games we win. When we're struggling on the road we can't go to anyone to help out. We're not bringing a Gordon or a Rhoden or an Nzei or a Richmond or a Cale or a Reynolds off the bench like our recent good teams did.

Talk about blowouts, look at UVA's results.

At the start of the season most people felt SHU was an NIT team.The roster gave every indication of that.The fact is that this team overachieved at 13-7 in the BE.We're on the bubble because SJU soundly beat us in a game we needed to win to get in.Please if we don't get in turn the page until next season.No whining.

First we have to get in. That's 50/50 at best. I remember the crushing feeling in 2003 and I'm preparing for that again, just in case. I don't know how much the Committee is messing with brackets with these last minute Championship Week games. The Bracketologists do, but Carino seems to think the Committee is not on this rollercoaster anymore.

As far as the team goes, I disagree about the cohesion. The Hall has demonstrated it can play tough and together, that's why we're in NCAA Tournament contention.

I think the issue comes back to the roster and that's why we get blown out so much. We take care of bad teams. Against good teams, we only have 5-7 legit BE players and when they're bringing it with juice like our home games we win. When we're struggling on the road we can't go to anyone to help out. We're not bringing a Gordon or a Rhoden or an Nzei or a Richmond or a Cale or a Reynolds off the bench like our recent good teams did.

The coach has to change his mentality too. You no longer can bring a,team along slowly. You must be ready out of the gate and prepared,for the early season tournaments. Tough when the roster changes so much. He worries so much about good practices. We have to improve the entire team's basketball IQ. Need more players like Davis. In addition projects off the bench are just that. His first two BigEast Tournaments, at Seton Hall were complete lemons with two sets of players. They need to stem the tide of these blowout loses. That's paramount.1

It’s simple we need more money from somewhere. And it needs to be allocated carefully and productively. This year’s group of starters had overachieving moments but at least three of them would be back ups on the better BE teams. Going on the road is where we really got exposed for what we have. From everything I am hearing the price of doing business is going up not down as some predicted. This season was actually pretty miraculous for what Sha had. But with the money being so tight I have serious reservations about how we can continue to matchup. You just have to hope NIL money is going to come in at a much increased level or the kind of players we need just will head elsewhere.

I honestly dont care if were out come tomorrow. The first four feels like you half made it. And we need to stop blaming the outcome on our most recent game. There are plenty of other reasons why were on the bubble. Dont lose to shit teams like rutgers and usc. Dont get blown out all the time. We got screwed against Creighton.

I think it's apparent the committee has had more to do this year than in years past. The sheer number of teams that have played their way into consideration or did nothing to help their cause is somewhat astonishing. With that said, I do believe most of their work has gone into sliding teams up or down the pecking order based results.

If you believe that we were sixth or seventh above the cut line on Wednesday, then the number of things that had to happen to leave us below the cut line is nearly unfathomable. And the fact that we probably short-circuit all of that with a win on Thursday is just one of those factors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT