ADVERTISEMENT

The Small things are the biggest factors

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
Making free throws when preserving a lead and always foul on the floor in the last 10 seconds of a game up 3...hope the Knicks don't ask themselves in the next week what could have been

Holy crap, the knicks lost? Never have been a fan of them but when they went up 6 i turned on a baseball game. Was going to write a post to prof ed and dan and other knick fans offering my congrats.

Reactions: LBP43
Holy crap, the knicks lost? Never have been a fan of them but when they went up 6 i turned on a baseball game. Was going to write a post to prof ed and dan and other knick fans offering my congrats.
Now we know who to blame🤔😉

Reactions: Bluebeard
If the Knicks go on to lose this series it will go down as one of the biggest chokes of all time. Just mind boggling to me that a professional basketball player can be as dumb as Mitchell Robinson was fouling Maxey shooting a 3 while Knicks were up 6 with under 30 seconds to play.

Goes to show that no amount of talent makes up for situational awareness.

Doesnt make up for the one great Knick team beating my man Jerry West twice.
I'll never forget watching that game on television with my brother when Jerry hit that 80 foot bomb at the buzzer. I think the game was in LA on a Friday night. Fortunately for me as a Knick fan, the Knicks ultimately won the game in OT, as you well kinow 75.

Maxey went off, sank a really deep 3 to force OT. Had approx. 47 pts in the game. I rarely watch NBA games, sometimes in the playoffs. Watched the 2nd half of the Knicks/Sixers game. Really good game.

Reactions: Piratz and dehere23
I'll never forget watching that game on television with my brother when Jerry hit that 80 foot bomb at the buzzer. I think the game was in LA on a Friday night. Fortunately for me as a Knick fan, the Knicks ultimately won the game in OT, as you well kinow 75.
Yup. My take a way from that series is a play by the great Mr Frazier. He saw a chink in Jerrys ball handling. Knew when he did this, that was gonna follow and he could get a steal. He waited till a big moment, and damn it, he stole the ball. The Celtics finally dont make the finals and we have to play the one great Knick team. lol

I was at Shea Stadium with some HS pals the night of Game 7. While I was well lubricated at the time, I still remember my heart sinking when they post the score nd Clyde's stats on the scoreboard and everyone but me is happy lol

Reactions: LBP43
Yup. My take a way from that series is a play by the great Mr Frazier. He saw a chink in Jerrys ball handling. Knew when he did this, that was gonna follow and he could get a steal. He waited till a big moment, and damn it, he stole the ball. The Celtics finally dont make the finals and we have to play the one great Knick team. lol

I was at Shea Stadium with some HS pals the night of Game 7. While I was well lubricated at the time, I still remember my heart sinking when they post the score nd Clyde's stats on the scoreboard and everyone but me is happy lol

Debusscher's shot looked to be more difficult that Jerry's bomb.

As a Laker fan, the worst thing was knowing that besides beating us, first the Celts, and then the Knicks, both played such perfect basketball. I have watched almost no Knicks games this year. But in the snippets I have watched, I think a dose of Red Holzman would help.

A friend of mne was from Long Island. About 6'2. Good player. He said he used to go to a playground in the summer and Dave D sometime showed up and did not tone down his game at all when playing in a pickup game. Bos were flyin lol

Whatever could have gone wrong went wrong last night. Philly got their revenge from Game 2.
This. At some point you just have to tip your hat and move on. The crazy 4-point shot, the bomb tying 3 from the logo. Maxey was unreal. I mean 🤷‍♂️

Yeah Robinson fouling and Hart missing a FT hurt but really it was more the circus shots.

Maxey went off, sank a really deep 3 to force OT. Had approx. 47 pts in the game. I rarely watch NBA games, sometimes in the playoffs. Watched the 2nd half of the Knicks/Sixers game. Really good game.
I’m the same way with the NBA now, @Flnj86. I tune in a bit more during playoffs but still casually.

Today, the Knicks are about as relevant to b-ball as Knickerbocker was to beer. 😰

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT