ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on game at UBS

SOSHU

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2009
Really upset that the game is at UBS on Sunday… just makes it much harder for pirate fans to attend. Think it’s BS that they can put it farther away to have the advantage of less Seton Hall fans. What are your guys thoughts? Should be allowed or not allowed? I am Most likely not attending, if it was at garden would 100% go. Ticks me off to no end.

Is UBS where the Belmont Race Track is? It just sucks St. John‘s won’t show the balls to play us at MSG. If I’m in MSG’s shoes I’m telling St. John’s they have to play Nova, UConn, SHU, Providence at MSG to get the locals on both sides in the arena to maximize revenue. Too bad if you think it gives you a home court disadvantage.

Is UBS where the Belmont Race Track is? It just sucks St. John‘s won’t show the balls to play us at MSG. If I’m in MSG’s shoes I’m telling St. John’s they have to play Nova, UConn, SHU, Providence at MSG to get the locals on both sides in the arena to maximize revenue. Too bad if you think it gives you a home court disadvantage.
You know this may be the best place to play them. Carnesecca Is very tough in a close game. With a,holiday on Monday, SHU can get some nice support. SJU will be a desperate team.

You know this may be the best place to play them. Carnesecca Is very tough in a close game. With a,holiday on Monday, SHU can get some nice support. SJU will be a desperate team.
A bus load of SHU Booster Club fans will be making the trip that wouldn't normally at MSG because there is great seating available. Great opportunity here to have a favorable reception for our Pirates.

I find it so funny our fans complain about where St Johns play us, but when Rutgers fans complain that we do not open upper deck they get all fired up against Rutgers.

Playing SJU at UBS is probably the best option we can ask for, will definitely have less juice (and probably SJU fans) than if we played them at Carnessecca or MSG.

UBS has been a bust so far for SJ, wouldn't expect them to play many games there going forward unless they get a real sweetheart rent fee deal from the arena.

If you want to go, UBS is not impossible to get to, obviously harder than MSG, but easier then heading to SJU campus.

Aside from coming off as petty because it’s a St John’s home game and they can do whatever they want, people need to consult a map. Belmont Park is in Queens, and not somewhere far out on the Island.

• Haha
Reactions: Piratz
Really upset that the game is at UBS on Sunday… just makes it much harder for pirate fans to attend. Think it’s BS that they can put it farther away to have the advantage of less Seton Hall fans. What are your guys thoughts? Should be allowed or not allowed? I am Most likely not attending, if it was at garden would 100% go. Ticks me off to no end.
I forgot that a home team is supposed to be as accommodative to opposing fans as possible.

Your opinion on opening the upper level for Rutgers at the Rock?

Like many others I love MSG, so would always try to make the annual SHU/SJU game at MSG. Therefore, having it at UBS sucks just like I hated when they would stick us in Carnesecca.

But ask Pitino why they’re doing it. It was his idea. He’s the one that had this traveling circus idea to build the brand back up.

I'm happy to hear the Booster Club is going. In the past, our fans really traveled well. This year I'm not sure what has happened. If I still lived in Jersey I'd be there for sure. I still have my season tix and get to a bunch of games a year even though I have a 4 hour drive. Let's try and fix this school spirit problem and get the students there more. Kegs on the bus is the best idea I've heard in a long time.

I miss talking to Tony C from Long Island who passed suddenly a few years ago. He would travel 1 hr and half to 2 hours every SHU game and to some away games too. Tony was a real fan and is still watching the Hall I'm sure.

I doubt that has much to do about it

Why in the world would SJU make it easier for Seton Hall fans to attend? Heck, you won't even open the upper deck for the RU game.

Reactions: TomD82
I understand a team isn’t going to be “accommodating” to the visiting team to give them advantages to win the game. However, being able to play at 3 different arenas as home venues I think is ridiculous.

Reactions: Bluebeard
if i was them i would want it to be harder for us to attend . i mean, that's common sense

Why in the world would SJU make it easier for Seton Hall fans to attend? Heck, you won't even open the upper deck for the RU game.
Upper deck for Rutgers? I believe Rutgers had a home game this year at the Prudential Center and barely cracked 4,000 for the game.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Upper deck for Rutgers? I believe Rutgers had a home game this year at the Prudential Center and barely cracked 4,000 for the game.
So that would be an extra 4,000 in the upper deck. Seems like enough to open it.

I understand a team isn’t going to be “accommodating” to the visiting team to give them advantages to win the game. However, being able to play at 3 different arenas as home venues I think is ridiculous.
Who cares how many courts they play on? That’s their problem.

Aside from coming off as petty because it’s a St John’s home game and they can do whatever they want, people need to consult a map. Belmont Park is in Queens, and not somewhere far out on the Island.
I’ve never been east of Oyster Bay and barely know Manhasset from Montauk, so this was a mild surprise to me. I'm surprised St. John’s doesn’t play more games at UBS, given its proximity to their campus. I know they want to imagine anyone under 50 actually remembers them being relevant in Manhattan, but does anyone actually show up to their games at MSG these days?

I’ve never been east of Oyster Bay and barely know Manhasset from Montauk, so this was a mild surprise to me. I'm surprised St. John’s doesn’t play more games at UBS, given its proximity to their campus. I know they want to imagine anyone under 50 actually remembers them being relevant in Manhattan, but does anyone actually show up to their games at MSG these days?
A friend who went to St. John's said Pitino is buddies with one of the arena owners and that this was a perk to him and a trial for the school to see how well it is received.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT