ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

South Dakota... one of the best D2 teams in the country
how do you guys know that? how do you know a D2 players specs? thats crazy plugged in. and a lot of times D2 is worse than D3. whats the actual skinny on this guy?

Xavier’s long string of good coaching hires in doubt??

On Wednesday night at last year's BET, I sat next to a guy who has daughters who attended Butler and Xavier. He was there that night to watch Xavier and he was telling me there were already rumblings among boosters that they might need to look into a change.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
On Wednesday night at last year's BET, I sat next to a guy who has daughters who attended Butler and Xavier. He was there that night to watch Xavier and he was telling me there were already rumblings among boosters that they might need to look into a change.

Isn’t Steele’s father in law a big booster or other a connected alumni? Thought I read that.

Reactions: ArtieLange9
Isn’t Steele’s father in law a big booster or other a connected alumni? Thought I read that.

I'm not aware of that if true. All I know is this guy I spoke to would probably have had him fired that night. Lol. They were pretty brutal.

Thats a big loss. Hes going to be a good college player. Too bad we can't have a shot at him. Wonder if Rutgers will get involved?

Another factor leading to transfers is the whole isolation from covid. Kids didnt get to have much of a social life or meet other students. Couple that with being away from home and not getting the full basketball experience of fans and it can be a lonely year. Especially if your team has had to quarantine due to positive tests. Not surprising to see kids wanting to transfer closer to home after their freshman year.

Reactions: LBP43
how do you guys know that? how do you know a D2 players specs? thats crazy plugged in. and a lot of times D2 is worse than D3. whats the actual skinny on this guy?

Google is your friend.

X also had a kid come up from D-II a few years ago and my recall he was a solid rotation guy. Not the star he was at the lower level by any means, but he had some value.

A couple of days ago Chris Mack fired 2 of his assistants - Dino Gaudio and Luke Murray. At least 2 recruits have asked for and have been released from their LOI’s - Bobby Pettiford (Top 100 PG from NC) and Eric Vander Heiden (Top 175 6’9 PF from NC). PC was after these kids are and were close to landing Pettiford. Will be something to watch.

They want a change in venue. You know "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence," but it's still only grass.

When you think of it, it’s kind of nuts that so many kids stay close to home. Just because your family chose to settle here, you’re supposed to spend the first 21 years of your life in the same place? This might be these kids’ only opportunity to spend meaningful time somewhere else in the world, especially without the responsibilities of being an adult.

Reactions: Burnsly
With the new transfer rules, it might make more sense to go away and if you don't like, transfer back home with no penalty.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and Burnsly
X also had a kid come up from D-II a few years ago and my recall he was a solid rotation guy. Not the star he was at the lower level by any means, but he had some value.
Zach Hankins, transfer from Ferris State (Michigan). He played well against us in a game at the Cintas Center back in January 2019 (20 points), but we ended up winning the game by ten. Powell had a great game (25 pts, 8 assists, 6 rebounds). He had a vicious dunk earlier in the game and then he showed up Hankins on this play.

Last edited:
I could even forgive the man bun. Won’t be easy, but if he rebounds and scores, I’ll even grow one.
6d3fc87d7fc065e02d6755c183bb25b8.jpg

these guys posted faster than they had the chance google. they knew this guy
It might be possible these guys have an account on The Twitter of their own and I don’t know possibly saw it before news broke on this board. Just a thought.

Reactions: SHUSA
It might be possible these guys have an account on The Twitter of their own and I don’t know possibly saw it before news broke on this board. Just a thought.
There was a tweet directly above someone’s tweet with actual, real stats. I don’t understand the mystery about how we “knew” about him. That stats are in the post directly above.

A couple of days ago Chris Mack fired 2 of his assistants - Dino Gaudio and Luke Murray. At least 2 recruits have asked for and have been released from their LOI’s - Bobby Pettiford (Top 100 PG from NC) and Eric Vander Heiden (Top 175 6’9 PF from NC). PC was after these kids are and were close to landing Pettiford. Will be something to watch.
Let’s hire Luke, get his recruits and hang out with Bill at the games! Now that would be the smart move!

This probably means Gaudio becomes a college basketball expert, again, on ESPN joining a host of others who can't get coaching jobs. Don't know the circumstances, but good for Mack; he always impressed me as pretty decent guy.

Parker Fox could bring some variety to our inside game but his theatrics would be an embarrassment. He’d be a target in every city in the Big East.

But he can't shoot. In the Big East, it's not good to be a one-dimensional player.
He shot it fairly well two years ago, but you're right that he's not been good at it overall. I normally prefer PG's who can shoot, but he is a helluva playmaker and penetrator. Shoots fouls well, too.

All we need is Parker Fox and Earl Timberlake to transfer Hall-in, then we can start buying our final 4 tix. 🤣

Here is ET’s Twitter. Seems religious which is a bonus for seton hall. Rumored he wants to be closer to home. He likes Maryland and Nova (friends with Moore), no idea on his thoughts on Gtown.

Still holding out hope since we were his final official visit before heading to Miami.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT