ADVERTISEMENT

Undermanned again

And we should hope they do what’s best for themselves. You’re not shutting up just to make others happy. They shouldn’t have to take the shot to make anyone else happy. Maybe we play all the games at Walsh the rest of the way.

Not sure what you're getting angry about. I'm just pointing out that any unvaccinated Seton hall player potentially might not be able to play at Prudential center games the rest of the season after January 10 If thats the case, our dream season is definitely in danger.

Reactions: mbraue
Not sure what you're getting angry about. I'm just pointing out that any unvaccinated Seton hall player potentially might not be able to play at Prudential center games the rest of the season after January 10 If thats the case, our dream season is definitely in danger.
I’m more worried about the players health than our dream season. If they and their doctor agree it’s not for them, find another place to play. Be like the Toronto Blue Jays.

Haven't you had enough of covid after nearly two years? Serious question.

We have endless threads about the NY Giants, trans swimmers, Rutgers, etc. But we can't talk about the biggest story in the world, one which actually affects Seton Hall basketball, because sami and chickenbox don't like it. Got it!
You win. Fight the good fight buddy. Changing the world here.

I’m more worried about the players health than our dream season. If they and their doctor agree it’s not for them, find another place to play. Be like the Toronto Blue Jays.
I think it’s far more likely you’d have a Kyrie Irving situation where the players don’t play home games.

This is Seton Hall basketball related. Just because you don't want to hear it and you don't agree with it doesn't mean people can't talk about it. And why are you picking on me? Plenty of people are talking about the same topic. In case you haven't noticed, it's the biggest story in the country and the sports world for nearly the last two years.

Why don't you tell us more about trans people? Stick to that....
Wait, shu09 doesn't like trans people? Colored me shocked!

By the way, I asked you to abide by Dan's wishes regarding content of this board. Not mine. Why do you continuously disrespect Dan by ignoring his repeated polite requests?

Anyway, for the good of the board I propose the following: If you promise to contain your Fauci Derangement Syndrome to the life off the ship board through Jan 6 (happy early anniversary, by the way) then I'll promise to read the first 100 pages of your manifesto. And to prove I actually follow through, you can send me a follow-up quiz where I have to score at least 80% on reptile people questions.

Do we have a deal?

I think it’s far more likely you’d have a Kyrie Irving situation where the players don’t play home games.
That’s their choice. I hope they do what’s best for their physical health. We always hear how players are admired by fans. Let’s hope that stays true regardless of their vaccination status. There’s a lot more important things in life than sports. Health is one of them.

Reactions: TheHall87
Wait, shu09 doesn't like trans people? Colored me shocked!

By the way, I asked you to abide by Dan's wishes regarding content of this board. Not mine. Why do you continuously disrespect Dan by ignoring his repeated polite requests?

Anyway, for the good of the board I propose the following: If you promise to contain your Fauci Derangement Syndrome to the life off the ship board through Jan 6 (happy early anniversary, by the way) then I'll promise to read the first 100 pages of your manifesto. And to prove I actually follow through, you can send me a follow-up quiz where I have to score at least 80% on reptile people questions.

Do we have a deal?

Don't put words in my mouth, troll.

I've been a poster on this board for 16 years. Dan has never once asked me to not share my thoughts, which is just a small example of why he's the best.

Not sure why you're making this political. Covid should not be a political issue. But you do you!

Don't put words in my mouth, troll.

I've been a poster on this board for 16 years. Dan has never once asked me to not share my thoughts, which is just a small example of why he's the best.

Not sure why you're making this political. Covid should not be a political issue. But you do you!
Dan has asked EVERYONE to stop posting the same covid stuff in every thread and you are a top 1-2 incessant covid stuff poster!

Don't think so? Here's an even easier deal: Neither of us will post about covid on the main board. What do you say, troll? I guarantee you I will have no problem sticking to that and honoring Dan's requests. Since you're such a good boy 16-year board veteran rule follower, I'm sure it won't be any problem for you either. Problem solved!

how does our team keep getting covid? surey theyll be done after this bout.

So why are we mass testing college athletes? Can anyone explain? It is amazing how people are incapable of debating this subject.

I guess you want more games canceled, because that's exactly what's going to happen if policies don't change. But hey, to each their own! I actually like watching college basketball.
Nobody wants more games cancelled.
The comment about mixing 8K fans still is telling when it comes to constant conflicting bullshit along the way.
will anyone admit nobody currently knows anything about medium to long term impacts of virus or vax?

This is Seton Hall basketball related. Just because you don't want to hear it and you don't agree with it doesn't mean people can't talk about it. And why are you picking on me? Plenty of people are talking about the same topic. In case you haven't noticed, it's the biggest story in the country and the sports world for nearly the last two years.

Why don't you tell us more about trans people? Stick to that....
Haven't you had enough of covid after nearly two years? Serious question.

We have endless threads about the NY Giants, trans swimmers, Rutgers, etc. But we can't talk about the biggest story in the world, one which actually affects Seton Hall basketball, because sami and chickenbox don't like it. Got it!
Everyone has had enough of Covid We come here to get away from it. Then you and 1993 just dont shut up about it.

No idea how you dont see this.

Because people are not vaccinated.
Um, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but those really haven’t been working all that well. Just because you’re forced to get ‘em doesn’t mean they actually do anything positive for ya.

Um, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but those really haven’t been working all that well. Just because you’re forced to get ‘em doesn’t mean they actually do anything positive for ya.

Just absolutely incorrect here.
Less chance you get infected, and if you do get infected the chances of severe disease are significantly lower.

Never stop fighting for something you believe in, especially if the belief is strong. More people need to speak up if you truly do agree with me. We're still operating like it's March 2020 and this is NOTHING like that.

How should we be fighting?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Everyone has had enough of Covid We come here to get away from it. Then you and 1993 just dont shut up about it.

No idea how you dont see this.

In case you haven't noticed, Seton Hall basketball games are being canceled because of it!

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
FFS can we finally just ban these two morons constantly sniping at each other before this board becomes completely unreadable? Stinks that there’s really nowhere else to go aside from Jerry C to get info on this team. I can’t wait for Wednesday so this garbage might finally stop!

You're free to not read any content you don't want to read.

In case you haven't noticed, Seton Hall hasn't played in 17 days. What are we supposed to talk about? Maybe the issue why Seton Hall hasn't played in 17 days?!?! But no, let's ban posters because you don't agree with them and because they're talking about the EXACT ISSUE why Seton Hall hasn't played in 17 days.

Clown.

How should we be fighting?

Write your elected officials. Write business leaders. Write sports leaders. Pretty much anyone who is in a "leadership" (that's ironic, as they are showing none) position. Stop the madness and the government overreach.

The stupidity of this take is breathtaking. The vaccines do not stop transmission. The only prevent you, the recipient, from dying (from a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, but that's another story).

They do not stop transmission. They absolutely do reduce your chances of bing infected and they also reduce the risk you would spread it if you get infected.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
There is just so much hypocrisy in every decision (and in some responses).

Knowing what we know about the transmission (and Omicron is highly transmissible), it's perfectly fine to have a sell-out arena (even with masks) of people screaming and droplets going everywhere (even within shouting distance of the players).

It's okay to take your mask off and eat/drink; like somehow the virus decides to pause on transmission when you do this....lol. But we have posters that get on their high and mighty soap box about doing something for the greater good while they drink a coke and eat a stale pretzel, because that's totally safe.

Hospitalizations and deaths right now are made up of three groups:
1) Unvaccinated that had no discussion with their physician
2) Vaccinated and unvaccinated that have comorbidities and have not addressed them
3) Vaccinated and unvaccinated that just waited to long to get their symptoms addressed

Just absolutely incorrect here.
Less chance you get infected, and if you do get infected the chances of severe disease are significantly lower.
If that’s what you want to believe. Whatever helps you sleep better.

The stupidity of this take is breathtaking. The vaccines do not stop transmission. The only prevent you, the recipient, from dying (from a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, but that's another story).
They don’t even prevent that!

They do not stop transmission. They absolutely do reduce your chances of bing infected and they also reduce the risk you would spread it if you get infected.
The only thing they do is make you 100% susceptible to the side effects they don’t want to tell you exist.

Knowing what we know about the transmission (and Omicron is highly transmissible), it's perfectly fine to have a sell-out arena (even with masks) of people screaming and droplets going everywhere (even within shouting distance of the players).

Going back to normal should be the goal though and no matter when or how that happens, if you are hunting for contradictions, you will find plenty. Considering that conference leadership will have different considerations than schools that will have different considerations than arenas etc, there isn't going to be a response where everyone gets everything right.

Going back to normal should be the goal though and no matter when or how that happens, if you are hunting for contradictions, you will find plenty. Considering that conference leadership will have different considerations than schools that will have different considerations than arenas etc, there isn't going to be a response where everyone gets everything right.
I was commenting beyond college basketball. Some of the rules/suggestions are comical. Same thing with masks on planes. Somehow when you eat your snack or have a drink the virus decides not to spread. We have universities that have full vaccine mandates that have gone virtual. Common sense has left the building.

I was commenting beyond college basketball. Some of the rules/suggestions are comical. Same thing with masks on planes. Somehow when you eat your snack or have a drink the virus decides not to spread.

You're arguing a point no one is making there though. No one says snacking will eliminate the possibility of transmission. They are trying to make an accommodation with self governance for removing your mask for short periods.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount of the virus you would be spreading around you if you are contagious.
If you take it off for a minute to eat or drink, yes, you would be shedding the virus around you more than you would have if you wore the mask the entire time. Though it would still be less than if you were wearing no mask at all.

On schools going virtual with a vaccine mandate, I agree.

You're arguing a point no one is making there though. No one says snacking will eliminate the possibility of transmission. They are trying to make an accommodation with self governance for removing your mask for short periods.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount of the virus you would be spreading around you if you are contagious.
If you take it off for a minute to eat or drink, yes, you would be shedding the virus around you more than you would have if you wore the mask the entire time. Though it would still be less than if you were wearing no mask at all.

On schools going virtual with a vaccine mandate, I agree.
I'm commenting on the hypocrisy. The guidelines don't say "taking it off for a minute". I could sit there for a half hour if I had a bottle of water in my hand.

Masks don't do a heck of a lot if you're yelling and screaming as you would expect fans to do.

I'm commenting on the hypocrisy. The guidelines don't say "taking it off for a minute". I could sit there for a half hour if I had a bottle of water in my hand.

The guidelines want us to be capable of self governance.

I am sure people will look for a loophole in the rule. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have the rule for the majority of people who are capable of following it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT