ADVERTISEMENT

Undermanned again

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
Leaks out of the MBB team are indicating more positive tests! Next 24 hours should be interesting

It sucks. But should not be surprising. Omicron is everywhere, vaxxed or not. I’m sure many players were home with family and friends. What do we think is going to happen.

This is going to take more adjustments....it will be a continuing theme for the next few weeks at least. Do you limit no fans for the next 30 days? Seems crazy that this variant is spreading so fast and you add 8,000 people to the mix in an indoor arena.

HIPAA compliance is related to the health care facility or provider and not giving info to anyone not authorized by the patient ...and was put into law by a senator from Texas who had his personal health info leaked to the press. So if the ball boy or one of us here leak it , it is not protected by any law. But as fans we should keep leaked health info to ourselves

This is going to take more adjustments....it will be a continuing theme for the next few weeks at least. Do you limit no fans for the next 30 days? Seems crazy that this variant is spreading so fast and you add 8,000 people to the mix in an indoor arena.

No reason for that. Decision makers need to accept this for what it is: a cold for vaccinated people and it will blow through everyone relatively quickly. Just play.

No reason for that. Decision makers need to accept this for what it is: a cold for vaccinated people and it will blow through everyone relatively quickly. Just play.
But that's my point...either change the testing/eligibility process or play in a bubble. You can't continue with the current testing/sit-out method and not expect a total disruption to continue.

But that's my point...either change the testing/eligibility process or play in a bubble. You can't continue with the current testing/sit-out method and not expect a total disruption to continue.

I agree. The testing is ridiculous. Why are we mass testing college aged athletes who are in otherwise fantastic shape? They are not at risk for serious outcomes, especially if vaccinated.

This must be a boilerplate message you have stored for easy use. Not gonna waste my time commenting on it….and starting another circular exchange.

So why are we mass testing college athletes? Can anyone explain? It is amazing how people are incapable of debating this subject.

I guess you want more games canceled, because that's exactly what's going to happen if policies don't change. But hey, to each their own! I actually like watching college basketball.

I agree. The testing is ridiculous. Why are we mass testing college aged athletes who are in otherwise fantastic shape? They are not at risk for serious outcomes, especially if vaccinated.
I’m many areas testing is starting to change to only symptomatic, which it should now. The panic is just the same as last year though, so that’s the problem.

Since it's related to the topic of "undermanned" - anyone know what's going on with UConn for tomorrow? They are +3 tomorrow which I like a lot with Sanogo back, but I'm hearing rumors that they will be without some players (either key in nature or in volume).

Since it's related to the topic of "undermanned" - anyone know what's going on with UConn for tomorrow? They are +3 tomorrow which I like a lot with Sanogo back, but I'm hearing rumors that they will be without some players (either key in nature or in volume).
The game has been cancelled

I'm a big fan of the bubble because I don't see them changing the testing process. That seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen if they soften the testing policy and someone experiences significant issues.

As do I, but we get it.

Then keep up the pressure. Get those who make these decisions to knock it off and play basketball.

Never stop fighting for something you believe in, especially if the belief is strong. More people need to speak up if you truly do agree with me. We're still operating like it's March 2020 and this is NOTHING like that.

Then keep up the pressure. Get those who make these decisions to knock it off and play basketball.

Never stop fighting for something you believe in, especially if the belief is strong. More people need to speak up if you truly do agree with me. We're still operating like it's March 2020 and this is NOTHING like that.
A niche college basketball sports message board where the administrator has asked you more times than anyone can count to stop posting this stuff to every thread is not the appropriate battleground for your fight.

Out of respect and appreciation for the decade(s?) of work Dan has put in to keep this site going for you and the rest of us, can't you just give it a rest and abide by his request? There's an entire separate board where you can post the same things over and over to your heart's content, to say nothing of the innumerable other websites designed to argue about these topics. Please utilize those for that.

A niche college basketball sports message board where the administrator has asked you more times than anyone can count to stop posting this stuff to every thread is not the appropriate battleground for your fight.

Out of respect and appreciation for the decade(s?) of work Dan has put in to keep this site going for you and the rest of us, can't you just give it a rest and abide by his request? There's an entire separate board where you can post the same things over and over to your heart's content, to say nothing of the innumerable other websites designed to argue about these topics. Please utilize those for that.

This is Seton Hall basketball related. Just because you don't want to hear it and you don't agree with it doesn't mean people can't talk about it. And why are you picking on me? Plenty of people are talking about the same topic. In case you haven't noticed, it's the biggest story in the country and the sports world for nearly the last two years.

Why don't you tell us more about trans people? Stick to that....

Reactions: SHUMA04
How come people don’t get the flu anymore

Are you talking about this flu? Yes, its coming as scheduled this year. And that threat of a twindemic is real. If we don't want the flu we need to go back to our mitigation efforts from last year.

• Haha
Reactions: walshtrips
This is Seton Hall basketball related. Just because you don't want to hear it and you don't agree with it

Nice try. You told me multiple times to stop posting about covid on the basketball boards as well. You do the same then. Just because you don't want to hear that I have been right about this pandemic for the most part and you don't agree with it.

This is Seton Hall basketball related. Just because you don't want to hear it and you don't agree with it doesn't people can't talk about it. And why are you picking on me? Plenty of people are talking about the same topic. In case you haven't noticed, it's the biggest story in the country and the sports world for nearly the last two years.

Why don't you tell us more about trans people? Stick to that or go crawl back into your hole in California.
You literally post every time a subject has anything to do with Covid on your “it’s just a cold rant”. You can’t tell me you think you’re making a difference here. What fight are you fighting? We get it. We know your stance. It’s here, it’s LOTS. We know.

You are no different than 1993 at this point.

I admire your passion and agree with you, I’m going to believe that if every poster bombarded this board and every other big east board nothing is going to change. The admins won’t listen until they need to listen. The only time they’ll need to listen is when Fox speaks. Other than that, enjoy the bumpy ride and let’s all arrive safe wherever that may be.

Reactions: chickenbox
You literally post every time a subject has anything to do with Covid on your “it’s just a cold rant”. You can’t tell me you think you’re making a difference here. What fight are you fighting? We get it. We know your stance. It’s here, it’s LOTS. We know.

You are no different than 1993 at this point.

Haven't you had enough of covid after nearly two years? Serious question.

We have endless threads about the NY Giants, trans swimmers, Rutgers, etc. But we can't talk about the biggest story in the world, one which actually affects Seton Hall basketball, because sami and chickenbox don't like it. Got it!

Last edited:
You realize our unvaccinated players potentially won't be able to play in the Prudential center after January 10th? Correct?
And we should hope they do what’s best for themselves. You’re not shutting up just to make others happy. They shouldn’t have to take the shot to make anyone else happy. Maybe we play all the games at Walsh the rest of the way.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT