ADVERTISEMENT

Updated 2017-18 OOC schedule

Bobbie Solo

All World
Dec 31, 2003
Bayonne Leave It Alone
1. 11/10 FDU at home (Preseason NIT)
2. 11/12 Monmouth at home (Preseason NIT)
3. 11/15 Indiana at home
4. 11/18 NJIT at home
5. 11/23 URI at Barclays (Preseason NIT)
6. 11/24 Vandy/UVA at Barclays (Preseason NIT)
7. 11/30 Texas Tech at MSG (UA Reunion)
8. 12/3 at Louisville
9. 12/9 VCU at home (Never Forget Games)
10. 12/12 St. Peters at home (Walsh)
11. 12/16 at RU
12. 12/20 Wagner at home
13. 12/23 Manhattan at home

Updated 7/26:
Manhattan date

Last edited:
Plus we know who we are playing in the first game at MSG in the NIT. It's on the Trove but won't be posted here.

Plus we know who we are playing in the first game at MSG in the NIT. It's on the Trove but won't be posted here.

Looks like we posted at the same time. It's URI first and then we'll get either Vandy or UVA. Great little tourney we're in. Our OOC RPI/SOS will be through the roof if we deliver. These are all winnable games thus far except Louisville, which is still beneficial even with the loss.

Reactions: Halldan1
Since the NIT is a four game tournament we will play 13 Out of Conference games this year as opposed to 12.

Need to pick up one more signature game. An at home with a higher A10 or ACC team would be great. Not sure it will happen. Love to do a home and home with Wich St. again. Or maybe even Zags! Never know.

Being we have 5 OOC home games already with at least two more of the open 3 likely at home is it worth a trip to Monmouth this year to get them to come to us twice after that? The many Shore area Pirate fans would sure love it. The Ocean First Center is a great place to watch a game. They graduated a lot, but they still have plenty of talent. Worth it or no?

Being we have 5 OOC home games already with at least two more of the open 3 likely at home is it worth a trip to Monmouth this year to get them to come to us twice after that? The many Shore area Pirate fans would sure love it. The Ocean First Center is a great place to watch a game. They graduated a lot, but they still have plenty of talent. Worth it or no?

zero chance they add another road game, with the amount of road & neutral court games we have already. I like your idea alot, but they're not gonna do that.

Or the many shore area pirate fans can support the program by attending games in Newark...

I know one thing for sure and that the URI game is going to be a war as Danny Hurley will pull out all the stops as beating SH will be at the top of his list of teams to beat.

Reactions: mjs429
Jerry Carino reported the sides could not figure out a date again, so we will not be playing St Peters

Bumped again...

How many games you guys think we're gonna have before the Indiana game? 11/15 is early, but I'd love to get two cupcakes in before it to get everyone acclimated. Prolly looking at just one game on opening night (11/10) though b/c that's how most teams do it.

Looking more & more like the UA Reunion is taking place later into December based on our current OOC date breakdown. Not alot of holes early in the month now.

Great to see St. Peters back on the docket. Holding out hope that last unannounced game is a top 150 RPI squad. Or the other unannounced Preseason NIT school.

Willard likes to play 2 games right off the bat, so I'm assuming Fri & Sun before the Indiana game, but then we'd be playing 4 games in 8 days to start the season

Bumped again...

How many games you guys think we're gonna have before the Indiana game? 11/15 is early, but I'd love to get two cupcakes in before it to get everyone acclimated. Prolly looking at just one game on opening night (11/10) though b/c that's how most teams do it.

Looking more & more like the UA Reunion is taking place later into December based on our current OOC date breakdown. Not alot of holes early in the month now.

Great to see St. Peters back on the docket. Holding out hope that last unannounced game is a top 150 RPI squad. Or the other unannounced Preseason NIT school.
Is reunion will be second monday in dec

updated 7/11 up top
WIll be interesting to see where we squeeze in the last 2 games. Probably another cupcake tuneup before Christmas at the Rock? Last year the BE season started on Dec 28. If that's the case again this year, finding a spot for game #13 looks a bit tricky.

If it were me and there were no conflicts I'd do one between 12/16 & 12/28 like you said, and squeeze another one before the Indiana game. The more tuneups before the Indiana game, the better.

It also depends on the level of competition. That 13th game could really go anywhere if it's a sub 250 RPI squad where the game will be little more than a glorified scrimmage.

Indiana is on Nov. 15. The first day of the season is Nov. 10. Can't cram more than one cupcake game into that window.

Duke does it almost every year. Fri/Sun games the first weekend of the season against nobodies, then a real game 4 or 5 days later. This would be a more narrow window yes, but if the 2nd cupcake game was against a joke of a team (looking at you UMKC/Maine), then there's little harm in terms of gassing the kids.

Wagner (I think that's Wagner) - 12/20. There's your pre-Christmas cupcake.

DEeyhDyXUAAvqhl.jpg:large

Does anyone know when the conference is planning to start the regular season? I wouldn't mind a Jan 1 slate of games so we can squeeze in that last game right after Christmas

First post updated again. I have heard we're going to play Manhattan at home, but no idea if its part of the NIT or not. Also, Newman just reported the Monmouth game is 11/12, which means my theory about two potential quick games before the Indiana game is still holding on for dear life!

Re Manhattan........you have an uncanny knack of posting Trove news a few days after I do..

Hope you don't have a friend giving you this info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT