ADVERTISEMENT

Updated 2017-18 OOC schedule

First post updated again. I have heard we're going to play Manhattan at home, but no idea if its part of the NIT or not. Also, Newman just reported the Monmouth game is 11/12, which means my theory about two potential quick games before the Indiana game is still holding on for dear life!
Jerry Carino‏@NJHoopsHaven 10m10 minutes ago
Jerry Carino Retweeted Josh Newman

Excellent local matchup for the season's first weekend. Seton Hall's opening game will take place 2 days earlier, on Friday Nov. 10.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
It's just that at least 3-4 times in the last 2 months I posted Trove news and you were the one that came here a few days later to post the exact same thing.

I'll chalk it up to a few coincidences.

Reactions: shu09
1. 11/10 home game (Manhattan??? NIT???)
2. 11/12 Monmouth at home (Preseason NIT)
3. 11/15 Indiana at home
4. 11/18 NJIT at home
5. 11/23 URI at Barclays (Preseason NIT)
6. 11/24 Vandy/UVA at Barclays (Preseason NIT)
7. Preseason NIT "cupcake" (not necessarily) at home
8.11/30 Texas Tech at MSG (UA Reunion)
9. 12/3 at Louisville
10. 12/9 VCU at home (Never Forget Games)
11. 12/12 St. Peters at home (Walsh)
12. 12/16 at RU
13. 12/20 Wagner

Updated 11/18:
Monmouth date added, Manhattan added, 11/10 date confirmed

Wow-4 games in 8 days to open the season with Indiana in there. Our own little tournament. I hope attendence will be robust. I think it will.

Reactions: shupat08
It's just that at least 3-4 times in the last 2 months I posted Trove news and you were the one that came here a few days later to post the exact same thing.

I'll chalk it up to a few coincidences.

As a long time observer and contributor to this board, I've thought the same thing.

Have 3 neutral site (2 Brooklyn/1 MSG). 2 away (Louisville/Rutgers). Quality of competition is much better than previous years.

The "Neutral site games" should all have heavy SHU attendance is what i meant. Plus is there such a thing as a Rutgers Basketball fan? We should out number them too, even in their own place.

Bobbie got his wish, two home games before Indiana. I didn't think they'd do it but it's good that they worked out the dates.

1. 11/10 FDU at home (Preseason NIT)
2. 11/12 Monmouth at home (Preseason NIT)
3. 11/15 Indiana at home
4. 11/18 NJIT at home
5. 11/23 URI at Barclays (Preseason NIT)
6. 11/24 Vandy/UVA at Barclays (Preseason NIT)
7. 11/30 Texas Tech at MSG (UA Reunion)
8. 12/3 at Louisville
9. 12/9 VCU at home (Never Forget Games)
10. 12/12 St. Peters at home (Walsh)
11. 12/16 at RU
12. 12/20 Wagner at home
13. 12/23 Manhattan at home

Updated 7/26:
Manhattan date
day 1 of nit on thanksgiving is at 6 pm or 20 min after game 1 on espnu

6pm start time makes it literally impossible for almost any of us to make the game and still eat with family that doesn't care about the game. You'd have to skip Thanksgiving all together or eat at noon/1pm, or 10pm. Garbage.

I'll be there Friday though.

Agreed, awful timing. Will be watching the URI game on TV and be at the game the next day. A shame it isn't Wed/Fri like it used to be.

Rock solid schedule, appropriate for the team we will have.

Indiana rebuilding but it's still a marquee home game which is necessary every year.

Interesting part is even with all of the neutral site games the team will still only have to leave the area once for Louisville. A stark contrast to last year when they racked up the frequent flier miles. No excuse not to be fresh.

Just for kicks, opponents by conference:
3 MAAC
2 A10
2 B1G
2 NEC
ACC
ASun
Big 12
SEC/ACC

if venue available nit should go back to the turkey day eve/black friday format, msg used to have a pretty good atmosphere with that

I think we all know that "The Worldwide Leader" is driving the bus here. They want the content on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. This is the third year they've done it this way (last year I think they went 12PM and 2PM on Thanksgiving). I'm sure those dates are blocked out as part of the deal with Barclays.

BTW it could be worse, the original plan was for the 2017 Tip Off to be at the renovated Nassau Coliseum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT