ADVERTISEMENT

Wachtel

The bubble really broke in our favor last week, but we ran into the hottest team & possibly the best team in the conference with Gillespie’s injury.

Willard is usually so good at making adjustments & fixing issues during a bye week, but we may have looked worse.

I think we matchup well w/ St Johns + Posh’s injury gives me a little hope. But in the end it’s teams trending in different directions.

Reactions: HallX2 and SHUMA04
We have games to play, so what are we to do? Sit and bitch incessantly?

1. Win at St. John’s.

2. Win the 4/5 game on Thursday, likely against Xavier.

3. Take a shot at Villanova in the BET Semis as I assume they can get passed the 8/9 winner without Gillespie.

That’s it.

It is astonishing that we still have a chance (on paper, LOL) with three straight L's (two to bad teams), a 13-11 overall mark and no signature wins.

It’s just a train wreck of a year in terms of the Bubble. The Bubble was made weaker by definition with the expansion of the Field to 68 about 10 years ago, but this is next-level because of the scheduling issues due to COVID.

Seton Hall went from a good, decent team to now just a bad team.
Truly astonishing and disappointing since it’s a Senior laden/upper classmen team with a good amount of big games under their belts.

Last edited:
We have games to play, so what are we to do? Sit and bitch incessantly?

1. Win at St. John’s.

2. Win the 4/5 game on Thursday, likely against Xavier.

3. Take a shot at Villanova in the BET Semis as I assume they can get passed the 8/9 winner without Gillespie.

That’s it.

Absolutely agree. SHU can only take care of their own end. Beat SJU, that's the #1 goal. If they do it probably means thy are playing better and that would give them steam going to the BE. They "may" be able to personally knock Xavier out too.

1) SJU
2) Xavier
3) Nova may not escape Butler/Providence if those teams are matched up.
4) Revenge game vs UConn for BE Championship.

"If" they get the next 2 they could be in the NCAAs.

Xav is not winning at MQ. They are complete crap on the road. It'll be back to back with Johnnies, regardless

Xav is not winning at MQ. They are complete crap on the road. It'll be back to back with Johnnies, regardless

Could be the Hoyas. If Georgetown beats Connecticut they’re 8-8.

St. John’s would be 9-10 if they lose to Seton Hall, who would be 11-8. Xavier would finish 6-7 if they lost at Marquette.

Seton Hall went from a good, decent team to now just a bad team.
So true. I see no be games that I think we will win. We may win some, but not playing as we have been playing.

And they’ve been the most torturous games to watch during this 2-3 stretch too. Ugly ugly basketball.

Probably the one point that the entire board and Hall fans can agree upon. Those were brutal torturous games to view. Got to stand behind them now. Go Pirates!!

And they’ve been the most torturous games to watch during this 2-3 stretch too. Ugly ugly basketball.
its been 5 games. marquwtte, depaul, gtown, butler, uconn. all hust terrible terrible basketball.

Drake/UNI canceled due to Covid, and wachtel says that is bad for other bubble teams.

Drake/UNI canceled due to Covid, and wachtel says that is bad for other bubble teams.

In the 68-team era, it's sometimes better to not play when you're on the bubble. Let the carnage happen all around you.

Reactions: Piratz
In the 68-team era, it's sometimes better to not play when you're on the bubble. Let the carnage happen all around you.

I dont disagree with him and I would like to see Drake in over a Michigan state or duke type.

Reactions: Piratz and shu09
I dont disagree with him and I would like to see Drake in over a Michigan state or duke type.

For sure. For a while there some had Drake vs. SH in a play-in game. Brodie vs. former team. That would have been interesting!

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT