ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 Big East Coast Bias Power Rankings

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
FOUR teams got first-place votes!

By RobertONeill31@RobertONeill31 Jan 9, 2018, 5:31pm EST

usa_today_9898642.0.jpg

Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
The most recent edition of our Power Rankings is live!

This year, as we mentioned last time, we will have votes casted not only from our site, but others around the Big East world as well. This week’s rankings include ballots from the following:

10. St. John’s Red Storm
(Score: 9.35; Highest Vote: 8; Lowest Vote: 9; Last Week: 8)

“Only 1 team has no conference wins, only 1 team has l lost to DePaul. Therefore, St. John’s is the new worst team in the conference until proven otherwise.” - Sam Newberry

“*insert crying emoji*” - Kevin Urquhart

9. DePaul Blue Demons
(Score: 8.94; Highest Vote: 8; Lowest Vote: 10; Last Week: 9)

“DePaul only gets ranked below Georgetown because Georgetown won their matchup.” - Sam Newberry

8. Georgetown Hoyas
(Score: 8.76; Highest Vote: 8; Lowest Vote: 10; Last Week: 10)
“DePaul and Georgetown are pretty interchangeable at 8 and 9.” - Sam Newberry

7. Marquette Golden Eagles
(Score: 6.53; Highest Vote: 6; Lowest Vote: 7; Last Week: 6)

“I think that the trio of Marquette, Providence, and Butler will have absolute dogfights around the 5 spot in the conference and they’re probably interchangeable until one truly pulls ahead of the other two, which may or may not happen.” - Sam Newberry

“The way to describe the three-point prowess of Markus Howard and Marquette can only be “terrifying.” Opponents should be very afraid if Howard keeps up what he’s doing.” -Kevin Urquhart

“So, the Big East is pretty much a crapshoot outside of the bottom three, so I’m basing this week’s rankings on each team’s mascot. Of the top seven, I think it’s quite obvious that a Golden Eagle doesn’t immediately strike fear into opponents’ hearts.” - Tyler Pearre

6. Providence Friars
(Score: 6.24; Highest Vote: 3; Lowest Vote: 7; Last Week: 7)

“This is the most terrifying mascot of all time. I cannot imagine a scenario where I see that thing and I am not seriously contemplating leaving the gym entirely. Put five friars in the floor against any starting five in the Big East and you might win based on the fear factor alone.” - Tyler Pearre

5. Creighton Bluejays
(Score: 4.41; Highest Vote: 4; Lowest Vote: 5; Last Week: 5)

“Bluejays belong in baseball. However, I recently learned that Bluejay is one word. So, I’m repaying the debt of years of misspellings to Creighton Nation by putting the Jays ahead of Nova this week. You’re welcome, Omaha.” - Tyler Pearre

4. Butler Bulldogs (1)
(Score: 4.33; First Place Votes: 1; Lowest Vote: 6; Last Week: 4)

“This week could determine who the Bulldogs will be. They’re probably not in the Nova/Xavier/Seton Hall group or the St. John’s/Georgetown/DePaul group... wins (or losses) against Creighton and Marquette could mean volumes for their NCAA tournament hopes.” - Kevin Urquhart

“Butler Blue peed on the front gate to Xavier’s campus. Any mascot who pees on a rivals campus is top-three, no debate.” - Tyler Pearre

3. Xavier Musketeers (1)
(Score: 2.89; First-Place Votes: 1; Lowest Vote: 10; Last Week: T1)

“A Musketeer has it all. Leather boots. Leather gloves. Pointy sword. Pointy mustache. Dope top hat complete with feather. TELL ME THAT ISN’T THE CLEAR BEST CHOICE AMONG BIG EAST MASCOTS.” - Tyler Pearre

2. Seton Hall Pirates (2)
(Score: 2.41; First-Place Votes: 2; Lowest Vote: 4; Last Week: 3)

“Pirates are underwhelming, in my humble opinion. But being undefeated in the conference gives Seton Hall a nice bump in the mascot power index.” - Tyler Pearre

Angel Delgado made a strong case for Player of the Year against Butler.” - Kevin Urquhart

1. Villanova Wildcats (14)
(Score: 1.41; First-Place Votes: 14; Lowest Vote: 6)

“Wildcats are... fine. There’s nothing wrong with them. But I can’t exactly shake the image of Troy Bolton and East High winning the 2006 New Mexico state championship. Fittingly, Nova’s brand of team basketball pairs well with the song “We’re All in This Together.” - Tyler Pearre

https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2018/1/9/16871216/week-8-big-east-coast-bias-power-rankings

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT