ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Sandro!!

has anyone read an article or heard directly from a talent evaluator where Sandro would be ranked nationally if he played more than 1 season at montverde?

The hype/excitement surrounding this kid is off the charts compared to other 3 star and unranked recruits.

Louisville and Gonzaga offered him so film unseen I have to believe his likely of being very good is very high

I think when you look at the uniqueness of his size, athleticism, skill set and court awareness from film, plus the program he's coming from - coached by Kevin Boyle - the hype is legit.

Now, it takes time and he'll have a key role off the bench behind our Seniors as a freshman, which will be an invaluable learning experience for him as a freshman.

Willard has done a really good job thus far with Cale and Sandro. Excellent.

has anyone read an article or heard directly from a talent evaluator where Sandro would be ranked nationally if he played more than 1 season at montverde?

The hype/excitement surrounding this kid is off the charts compared to other 3 star and unranked recruits.
Scout has him ranked #28 power forward. In his class of 2017.

Most scouting for rankings takes place during AAU and skills camps. He played no AAU and made 1 camp in August when he first arrived in the USA. ESPN didn't rate him all. Despite that 247 ranked him #104. Kevin Boyle who has coached plenty of top players called him a potential NBA 1st round pick.

Rivals didn't rank him but said the following:
RIVALS REACTION
There is a dearth of capable big men that can slot into a high-major program next year and give quality minutes in the frontcourt. Mamukelashvili is one of the few that could just do just that, as the perimeter based big man already sports a quality jump shot and playmaking abilities.

I have no question if he played a full year on the AAU and camp circuit he would be 4-star Top 100 by every evaluator.

Fantastic pick up.

Gonzaga has made a living getting its front court stocked with these types. Ironically in part because the watched what we were doing under PJ with the likes of Gaze, Ramos and Arturas.

If Willard can fill the 1-3 spots with the plentiful talent in the northeast and round out the 4/5 spots with polished Eastern European kids and the occasional local bruiser, he's got a great formula for sustained success.

No need to worry about the Taurean Thompsons and Karl Towns shipping off elsewhere at that point.

Excellent news. Great signing. No drama either, came on a visit, was a fit for both parties and signed quickly. Welcome. Love this player already!! Pleasant late signing and surprise.

I think when you look at the uniqueness of his size, athleticism, skill set and court awareness from film, plus the program he's coming from - coached by Kevin Boyle - the hype is legit.

Now, it takes time and he'll have a key role off the bench behind our Seniors as a freshman, which will be an invaluable learning experience for him as a freshman.

Willard has done a really good job thus far with Cale and Sandro. Excellent.
He had a ton of help.

First Hill and then Holloway on Cale and Grant on Manu.

Reactions: SHUTAPS76
Welcome Sandro !!! Mamu has an excellent all around game and is a great addition to Seton Hall University.

Reactions: SHUTAPS76
He had a ton of help.

First Hill and then Holloway on Cale and Grant on Manu.

What everyone must not forget is that Grant is just finishing his third year as as assistant coach , one year at FDU and two years at Seton Hall. Developing a coach's recruiting skills is a process and it doesn't happen overnight and it involves each assistant building his own relationship with the HS and AAU programs and the people who run those programs. The same holds true for the assistant with each individual player he's involved in recruiting and in the majority of cases that involves a multi year effort. There is no doubt that Grant played a key role in landing our latest recruit and I have little doubt his contribution to our recruiting efforts will grow the same way we've seen Sha grow into one of the top recruiting assistants in the BE.

Great job Grant!

Great effort by grant to bring in a top talent big man. Sando is the type of recruit that can open doors for other needed players. Let's bring in the needed PG and bring together a finishing piece in a rock solid 17 team.

It would be tremendous to have angel and Sandro have a year together. I am sure angel would have appreciated that his freshman year. Angel will be very happy to have another big man at the 4 to complement Nzei and ish. Should be a great benefit to angels game and a great situation for Sandro to step into
Really looking forward too seeing Sando on the court next year.

Anyone else think it would be beneficial for Sandro to redshirt this year?

He will likely see minimal mins battling Nzei, Ish, & Anthony. Plus, Delgado will get at least 30-32 mins a game.

I believe he will benefit as he gets accustomed to D-1 ball.

Anyone else think it would be beneficial for Sandro to redshirt this year?

He will likely see minimal mins battling Nzei, Ish, & Anthony. Plus, Delgado will get at least 30-32 mins a game.

I believe he will benefit as he gets accustomed to D-1 ball.
This has to be either a joke, or just to get a reaction from people. You can't be this dopey

BTW - this is not a knock on Sandro. I love the pick up & think he will be very good, but I hate kids wasting a year of college when they won't see the court much

I hope so. I just don't see it his FRESHMAN year.

Delgado played close to 35mins a game last year. He's the best big man in the country. He's not coming out for a freshman.

Nzei should start. I would play Sandro over Ish. However, I don't think Willard would do that.

I think 10mins a game may even be a reach.

Again - I think Sandro will be very good! It may be worthwhile to redshirt

It is an unnecessary discussion. You don't declare a year a red shirt at the outset. You can see how the year plays out and apply for one if you fit the eligibility criteria.

There is no way a kid as talented as Sandro is going to be a planned red shirt this upcoming year.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
First of all, I thought you were banned? So if you get banned around here, you can just create a new name? And if you were just suspended, then why the new name? I didn't have to create a new name when i was hilariously suspended two years ago.

Second of all, you of all people are going to conveniently forget about the fragility of Ish? There's almost no way that Ish doesn't go down for an extended period of time again this season. That's just the kind of player he's gonna be...a la Mobley & Garcia. The minute that happens, Sandro becomes even more invaluable.

So no, there will be no redshirting of our top 100, highly coveted/recruited, extremely versatile freshman PF with an extremely diverse skillset.

Where do you see mins?
Why don't you let the coaching staff work on the that. The staff didn't give a 6'10" highly regarded stretch power forward a scholarship to sit on he bench, or red shirt. We go from getting no points out of our power forward position last year to having a guy who can score from all three levels, rebound and pass. And you don't think he'll get much playing time. He won't start but he'll play.

Would Eron Gordon been better off red shirting last year? I can't wait until one of you says no
Here's your warning and it's going to be a stern one.

You were banned and just set up a new signon. I should ban you imm but I won't. Unfortunately as you most always do your posts are made just to get a rise out of others.

Keep it up and you will NEVER get another chance to post under any new signon here again.

I hope so. I just don't see it his FRESHMAN year.

Delgado played close to 35mins a game last year. He's the best big man in the country. He's not coming out for a freshman.

Nzei should start. I would play Sandro over Ish. However, I don't think Willard would do that.

I think 10mins a game may even be a reach.

Again - I think Sandro will be very good! It may be worthwhile to redshirt

I'll play along and answer your question.

No he shouldn't redshirt.
My reasons, in no particular order..
1) No guarantee he plays for us his redshirt senior year. (Euro guy that might try to leave early like Auda, or the freshman from St. John's that just left after his freshman year, or he could just transfer without sitting like most other grad seniors).. We have a talented kid and if you think he'll get consistent minutes as a freshman whether that's 5 minutes or 15 minutes you don't redshirt.)
2) I think he'll gobble up Anthony's minutes right off the bat (so 5+ right there).
3) Angel averaged 33 minutes last year and that's with playing passive defense at points because he knew the team couldn't afford for his backup to be on the court. I think Willard would be happy to see his big man average a couple less minutes each game(to be more aggressive on d and a little less wear and tear). a couple more minutes for Sandro
4) It'll be interesting to see where Sandro fits into the playing time vs Nzei and Ish. I think we could see Sandro earning more minutes by the end of the year.
5) Injuries.. Ish is often injured. Having Sandro sit on the bench while Nzei and Delgado are forced to play the whole game is very silly. Similar idea if Nzei or Angel were to get injured for any length of time. Maybe having Sandro will actually allow Ish more time to heal from his nagging injuries so that he'll be closer to 100% in big east tournament and NCAA tournament.
6) We are a better team with Sandro.
7) He brings a different dimension compared to Nzei and Ish. There will be matchups where Sandro will be the best option because of his offensive game.
8) Offensive/Defense.. When the game is going down the stretch and teams are switching offense and defense.. I think we're going to much rather have Sandro in compared to Nzei or ish. (better offensive game and better foul shooter).
9) He wants to play.
10) Gain some experience before he takes a much larger role his sophomore year.

Reactions: Joe_T
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT