ADVERTISEMENT

What are the keys to tonights BET game?

Section112

All World
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Where is Piratz post discussing the game? Is he slacking off due to our poor season? Piratz I miss your pregame points they are always so well done.

We have to take care of the ball and play much better D than we have. I don't think at this part of the season our offense is all of a sudden going to become more efficient overnight. But we need to stop the empty possessions and use Mobley and Desi at the high post against Marquette's zone. Last time we played them if I recall we found lots of holes to the right and left of the zone so I think Mobley's mid range game is gonna be key as well as Sterling shooting the three ball to loosen up that zone. It's the end of the year put the ball in the hands of your most experienced players and hope the freshman contribute. And Angel has to keep his head about him and just battle for those boards and second chance points. Thoughts?

The key to the game is for our guards not to make the announcers say "that was an ill advised shot". If they don't say that or if they only say it on a few possesions then we have a shot here.

we lose by 10 or more putting the cherry on the top to another losing season and ,of course the fire storm that will follow.

We beat them handily with Carlino at MU, and got off to a poor start and lost w/o Carlino at home. Go Figure

When Marquette played a zone against us in the first game, we just killed their zone. Then toward the end of that game they switched to man-to-man defense and almost erased our big lead. In the second game, they picked up where they left off; their man-to-man and help defense shut us down. Marquette is very quick and athletic. We need to play team ball to win this one.

Haha, appreciate the shout. Will get back on that horse.

I think we just have to avoid sloppy play. There's no tactical way Marquette should defeat us if, (a) we're playing with energy and resolve (will be evidently defensively and see previous home game against Marquette), and (b) not turning the ball over unnecessarily.

If we get A + B we'll win even if we have a bad shooting night.

If the team's intensity is not off the charts high tonight, I dunno what to say about this coach anymore. They should have all the motivation in the world to play together and fight tooth and nail to keep the season going.

There is just no way a loss to this Marquette team can be explained away. His constant reminders that "we're young" ring incredibly hollow. It's such an indictment on him to hear that excuse in March. I don't know why he doesn't understand that.

As a fan, I want to see our best effort tomorrow and I want to see us competitive against Nova.

Get Delgado touches early to establish a inside game.. Reel in Whitehead, more drives and less 30ft jumpers and he has to limit the turnovers.. He is trying to thread the needle too much.. Make smart passes not flashy..

Originally posted by HALL28:
If the team's intensity is not off the charts high tonight, I dunno what to say about this coach anymore. They should have all the motivation in the world to play together and fight tooth and nail to keep the season going.

There is just no way a loss to this Marquette team can be explained away. His constant reminders that "we're young" ring incredibly hollow. It's such an indictment on him to hear that excuse in March. I don't know why he doesn't understand that.

As a fan, I want to see our best effort tomorrow and I want to see us competitive against Nova.
You know the game's tonight right? Not cracking wise, just making sure you don't miss the game.

The key to the game is Whitehead playing like a point guard and not a lead guard. He must look for others shot first before his own. Play under control and not shoot 24 ft fade away jump shots. I want to see Gibbs and Whitehead play together and mesh as a team and not just individuals. I want to see less isolation and one on one and more passes, screens and drives to the basket.

Hopefully the bus takes the team to Barclay Center.
They have a better chance of beating the Nets!

Stop the bleeding and end the pain.

Dusty Springfield is warming up "wishin and hopin"

She's dead too!

The key is Gibbs and Whitehead both distributing the ball and not forcing anything. Predict a close win tonight. 71-68

not to settle for 3s. Marquette is going to play zone so need to attack. Get Delgado touches down low. Get Mobley down on the baseline for some 12-15 footers. Would prefer we play more uptempo but Wojo won't want to play that up and down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT