ADVERTISEMENT

What to look for..

Yes, if I had to choose I would say Brown was the best offensive player I ever saw and Taylor was the best defensive player I ever saw.

Reactions: BucBloc
I agree, the two best football players i ever saw , Jim Brown and LT. Met LT at the old Saints and Sinners in West Orange with Bobby Johnson and Chet Parlavecchio who I went to the Prep with and LT was on a roll to say the least. Biggest hands of anyone I ever met . It was around 1984 when Chet was with Cardinals . Easy to see how he could tackle with one hand when he had what appeared to be hands the size of catchers mitts . Of course, he enjoyed his partying as well as I witnessed that night

Are you old enough to remember the greatest running back in NFL history, Jim Brown?

After every single play he would look like walking death going back to his huddle. Next play he would run for 40 yards making the defense look foolish.
Watching him walk back to the huddle, I always wondered if he was hurt, then bam a highlight carry. Unbelievable.

Correct, a lot of people are confusing depth and heavy substitution patterns for tempo. It just meant they were able to give more extended effort defensively in the half court.

On the offensive side of the ball we saw some movement without the ball, cohesive passing, and set plays. Nothing out of the ordinary that should be expected at this level of play, but it was such a stark contrast to what we had seen from a Willard run offensive scheme that it was eye opening.

What was perplexing was the fact that Sha spent all this time under Willard as his lead assistant. None of this could have been implemented during his time here as he collaborated with Willard?

Willard is Type A. It's his way.

I don't know if the guard/wing group is better than last year when you account for Rhoden, Cale and what we were able to get from Aiken when he played. I think it is probably not based on paper, even projecting improvements.

It's better than two years ago simply because Aiken was hurt and Long wasn't able to give us anything.

It is definitely not as strong as the year before that when we had one of our best players in school history (who shall remain nameless), Q, Cale, Rhoden, Reynolds, etc.

It's definitely deeper than the past two seasons, IMO. There are more options here and we're not going to have to constantly play a SF at a guard spot. This group can sustain an injury too, I think.

I agree 2019-20 was good too because there were options even with Powell having a woeful season shooting in BE play.

Jim Brown was one of my ATF player, after watching, I have even more admiration for his talent.
1. Must have had tree trunks for thighs
2. Faster than I ever thought
3. GREAT balance
4. Made a huge amount of yards on his own but also had great blocking team mates.
5. Seem to have good hands
6. Unbelievable determination

Agreed on Jim Brown and LT though I was just too young to see 32. LT changed how defense was played. I think Jerry Rice also changed how the game was played. Top five all time?

He’s got good pieces. To me it looks like an NCAAT group probably still in that 7-10-seed range.

This is the best guard/wing group we’ve had in while and you can go far with that. Lots to like with Richmond, Dawes, Femi, Harris, Sanders. How do they mesh? Sha is demanding so I think that’ll shorten the curve.

The bigs may be good enough but it’s thin. Yetna and Ndefo will be bulldogs under Sha.
Seems like every year the question about whether we’re good enough at the point guard position rears it’s ugly head. I think that Richmond has the talent to be a solid BE caliber point guard but do we have the requisite depth in a large group of guards that looks to be strong but is there a backup to Richmond in that group of guards that can step in and not hurt us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT