ADVERTISEMENT

When illegal is legal

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
I know it was fast in real time but you have three refs on the court and how can the one closest not see two hands on the ball.

And I say this not as a James fan but as a basketball one. This play was all over TV yesterday partially praising Curry (love him as a player) and criticizing James.

If I saw a great shooter with two hands on the ball I would have also have played him for the jumper.

Terrible job by the 'whistles'.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Walking, double- dribbling and palming the ball happen throughout every NBA game and is rarely called.

More on James.

LeBron James’ podium protest is reminder that The King always gets his way

STEFAN BONDY

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 1:28 AM

CLEVELAND — For two straight days LeBron James protested the press conference podium at the NBA Finals because he doesn’t like to wait for his turn.

A Diva Without A Cause.

It’s not a big deal except to the hardworking NBA PR staff which, at the last minute, had to scramble to accommodate King James. The league likes to tout its vast number of credentialed media from all over the world, and then had to tell cameramen there won’t be enough space in the locker room to capture an interview with the star attraction.

There are three things that are clearer about James since his return to Cleveland: 1) He’s the best basketball player on the planet, 2) He’s controlling, 3) He always gets his way.

Just ask David Blatt.

Against coaches and podium responsibilities, James will win 10 times out of 10. Against the Warriors, though, he is helpless. And the league can’t enjoy that development, either.

If LeBron doesn’t feel like standing around for 10 minutes so the winners can finish their press conference, imagine the NBA fans already waiting about three months for a decent playoff series? They’re still watching in near-record numbers, with Games 1 and 2 boasting the highest TV ratings for the openers of an NBA Finals since 1998. But we suspect that had much more to do with the great drama of last year’s Finals, rather than the lopsided displays throughout the 2017 postseason. We’ve crunched the numbers at the Daily News, and there’s a solid chance this year will represent the worst NBA playoffs under the modern system. If the Warriors sweep, there will have been 78 total playoff games this year over 55 days, including eight series where one team failed to win more than a game. Since the first round moved to a Best of 7 in 2003, the fewest total playoff games was 79 in 2007 — the same year LeBron and the Cavs were swept by the Spurs.

Seven of the nine conference finals games this year were decided by 12 points or more, including three games where the difference was at least 33 points. In the Finals heading into Wednesday’s Game 3, the Warriors have outscored Cleveland by a combined 41 points.

They’re too good, and their crew of stars are clogging up the podium. Following Sunday’s loss, LeBron told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols that his interview-room protest is based on “frustration” with the way the NBA is running the schedule.

In other words, The King may not win a title this year but he waits for nobody.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lebron-podium-protest-reminder-king-article-1.3223910

Travelling, carrying the ball, now double dribbles. The athleticism in the NBA is completely off the charts, but it is pretty absurd when you watch most games.

Cavs have no answer for Curry and Durant. Durant is a mismatch.

I think it was in game one. They showed Durant with such a blatant palm. Cannot understand why they don't either call palms or make it legal. And of course, everybody does it all the time, in college too.

i have no sympathy for lebron when it comes to rules. guy offensively fouls people like 80% of the time. i want him to win but theres no tears here.

For curry, it was an accident. I didnt know he did that during the play. i dont think anyone did. some things are tough to catch as a ref. it looked like he wanted to spot up but freaked when he saw lebron was all over him. its kinda funny, lebrons good d ended up making him look like he got burned.

Let's not talk about travel's and double dribbles when it comes to lebron..he gets away with more than anyone I've ever seen. Case in point:

Video of Brandon Armstrong mimicry of various NBA stars, teed up at the point in the video where he does an imitation of LeBron walking. But it's not as outlandish as your real-life clip! Four steps compared to the five in your clip.

Let's not talk about travel's and double dribbles when it comes to lebron..he gets away with more than anyone I've ever seen. Case in point:

What does that have to do with my original post?

This happens in every single NBA game and happens often. The video I posted above was due to the fact that many TV outlets used it to embarrass James when the only ones that should be embarrassed are the refs and the league that doesn't want their rules enacted.

It's no secret that James plows his way through players all the time and is never called for an offensive foul. Or that Jordan used to take about 10 steps to the basket and I never once saw a travel called. It's a way of life in the NBA and IMO it ruins the game and turns off fans.

A shame really because the product is so good and the players so incredibly talented. They don't need favorable whistles to showcase that.

The only three people in the entire arena as well as those watching on TV that didn't think that was a travel were the only three guys that count, the refs. James did not take one dribble from half court. It looked like he was competing in a slam dunk contest.

Calm down people. Thats either an edited video or an illusion like the below video where everyone freaked out bout jeremy lin when they didnt see his dribble

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT