ADVERTISEMENT

Why is secret service not willing to release Hunter Biden travel records

ed odowd

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2013
There must be a national security reason being created out of thin air to justify not releasing these records which relate to his numerous trips while Joe was VP.I thought Hunter was a private citizen ,but maybe he was doing secret spying for the US .And some still wonder why people don’t trust the government.Hunter also reportedly ditched his secret service detail for several trips I wonder why?

There must be a national security reason being created out of thin air to justify not releasing these records which relate to his numerous trips while Joe was VP.I thought Hunter was a private citizen ,but maybe he was doing secret spying for the US .And some still wonder why people don’t trust the government.Hunter also reportedly ditched his secret service detail for several trips I wonder why?
Who cares?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I thought Hunter was a private citizen ,but maybe he was doing secret spying for the US .And some still wonder why people don’t trust the government.Hunter also reportedly ditched his secret service detail for several trips I wonder why?

The law states children of the President and VP have access to secret service protection, but they do not require it. Hunter had the right to ask or to not ask for protection.

Neither of you have any concerns that his travel records are not released.I thought Joe was mister transparency.But I realize these records could prove embarrassing to I have never discussed Hunter’s business Joe despite an avadavit from Hunter’s business partner saying Joe was involved.I guess that is just Joe being Joe.

Reactions: TomWall
Neither of you have any concerns that his travel records are not released.

Not really, no. The records were released, Grassley and Johnson just believe there is more.
Possible there is. But also possible Hunter didn't use the SS for many of his trips so there would be no records of those.

You think an e-mail about a trip from Hunter Biden in 2013 is impacting that somehow?

Can always count of you, Merge, to manifest your own unique blend of persistence and ignorance.

No, I think Biden's morally impaired son sitting on boards of Ukrainian energy companies -- which are at the heart of why the Ukraine has been the center of a decades long tug of war between Russia, Israel and the US/NATO -- has the potential to impact the decision making of a sitting president.

Can always count of you, Merge, to manifest your own unique blend of persistence and ignorance.

No, I think Biden's morally impaired son sitting on boards of Ukrainian energy companies -- which are at the heart of why the Ukraine has been the center of a decades long tug of war between Russia, Israel and the US/NATO -- has the potential to impact the decision making of a sitting president.
Slow news day?

Reactions: HallBall02

Right.. decades long.
Hunter should not have joined their board. They were looking for influence and Hunter was all to happy to sell the idea that he had some but there is no evidence at all that US directed / altered our policy with Ukraine because of Hunter Biden. We've tried to build a strategic alliance with them for decades and someone as insignificant as Hunter Biden is not going to change that.

Merge and others I assumed you saw the news conference where The senators showed the totally redacted black pages the secret service provided.That was my point they are treating his travel records as a national security issue and that is why sitting senators can’t be shown them any time the secret service does something like this how can you not conclude they don’t want senators to see something.

Merge and others I assumed you saw the news conference where The senators showed the totally redacted black pages the secret service provided.That was my point they are treating his travel records as a national security issue and that is why sitting senators can’t be shown them any time the secret service does something like this how can you not conclude they don’t want senators to see something.
Why aren’t we complaining about ivanka, Jared, etc ? They were losers before the White House, you know.

For some reason the SS believes that these are subject to FOIA rules hence the redactions.
I believe that is the case for personal requests from congress outside of committee requests. Not sure if a distinction was made there or not. Hopefully the SS can clear up the confusion or provide the full documents.

If there was a hint of something improper by Joe, I'd feel differently. Until then, I don't care about Hunter.

For some reason the SS believes that these are subject to FOIA rules hence the redactions.
I believe that is the case for personal requests from congress outside of committee requests. Not sure if a distinction was made there or not. Hopefully the SS can clear up the confusion or provide the full documents.

If there was a hint of something improper by Joe, I'd feel differently. Until then, I don't care about Hunter.
Then why did the FBI hide the laptop from hell?

Then why did the FBI hide the laptop from hell?

Hide?

They picked up his laptop and Hunter is being investigated for tax issues. Do you have access to the FBI evidence of other ongoing investigations?

The FBI probably has reviewed and authenticated the data on the drive by now.
Maybe they found something and referred to the DOJ? Maybe they didn't find anything to refer to the DOJ? Maybe they are still investigating?

• Haha
Hunter’s laptop investigation more than two years old.Seems like a long time for one laptop.Since the FBI has the laptop is there any connection to Chris Wray being only holdover cabinet member retained by Biden.Not accusing just think it is odd coincidence.Wonder if FBI will conclude their investigation before 2024 election or maybe they will put it on hold till after election which will be 5 years since the start of investigation.I guess Garland tied up investigating school board meetings to finalize a criminal investigation of the President’s son.

Since the FBI has the laptop is there any connection to Chris Wray being only holdover cabinet member retained by Biden.Not accusing just think it is odd coincidence.

FBI director is not a member of the cabinet and not supposed to be replaced after each election. They are appointed and expected to serve a 10 year term. So, no. Not really a coincidence.

Wonder if FBI will conclude their investigation before 2024 election or maybe they will put it on hold till after election which will be 5 years since the start of investigation.

I do think that is a fair question and I do hope they wrap it up soon.

Reactions: shu09
FBI director is not a member of the cabinet and not supposed to be replaced after each election. They are appointed and expected to serve a 10 year term. So, no. Not really a coincidence.

I do think that is a fair question and I do hope they wrap it up soon.
Everything is political. Assuming the Republicans take the House and Senate, you know darn well there will be hearings on this. It's how it works....

Everything is political. Assuming the Republicans take the House and Senate, you know darn well there will be hearings on this. It's how it works....

Yep. Agreed. That's part of why I hope they wrap it up soon.
Ideally this ends with charges against Hunter before the end of the year. Otherwise there will absolutely be investigations into hunter from congress when republicans take over.

I watched the Fox Nation piece "Who is Hunter Biden"

The epitome of of a walking train wreck.

Beyond, the naked selfies, sex with SIL, sex with hookers, crack, and booze, the money trail is astonishing.

The scary one is the allegation that the Biden family received $31M through five deals with people who are linked to China's intelligence. Hunter is portrayed as funding funnel for the Biden family.

Some of the outlets citing the allegations point back to Peter Schweizer's (of Breitbart) new book, Red-Handed: How American Elites Get Rich Helping China Win. He goes after others

They also point back to Divine's book: Laptop from Hell

Like most of this stuff, left leaning people won't read these books and will dismiss anyone who does as a conspiracy theory lunatic. Nonetheless, both books are laden with facts on financial transactions. The laptop itself contains audio, video, and photos done by Hunter himself. Hard to dispute that.

This seems to be Biden's Whitewater. Hard to say if the truth will ever be know, either way.

Giving Russia the pass for their pipeline to Germany while also stopping our own pipeline has to make intelligent people wonder what the hell is going on…makes no sense whatsoever. People think that buying our oil overseas is better for the environment? We all live on the same planet, we are polluting the planet moving oil across the world, how does this make sense? Some people are selling our country out, follow the sale of artwork to find where the corruption is coming from. Who gets hurt the most, the poor and middle class paying to heat their homes, travel to work and buy their groceries. We should all care!

Last edited:
Yep. Agreed. That's part of why I hope they wrap it up soon.
Ideally this ends with charges against Hunter before the end of the year. Otherwise there will absolutely be investigations into hunter from congress when republicans take over.
Getting to the truth now is part of healing the country. Sadly it will not happen, neither party wants to stop the political gamesmanship. Look at the history of Venezuela late 1990's for the blue print of where we are headed. We should all have the opportunity to sit down with people from Venezuela (which was the crown jewel of South America) living here in the USA. I urge everyone to engage in a political discussion if they ever run into a former citizen of Venezuela.

Like most of this stuff, left leaning people won't read these books and will dismiss anyone who does as a conspiracy theory lunatic.

Just as you did with those who believed Trump's funding from other countries could influence him.
Clearly Hunter is problematic and made money off of his name and at least attempted to sell influence. If there is a hint that any of that impacted Joe and US policy, I'd absolutely want that investigated.

Giving Russia the pass for their pipeline to Germany while also stopping our own pipeline has to make intelligent people wonder what the hell is going on…makes no sense whatsoever. People think that buying our oil overseas is better for the environment? We all live on the same planet, we are polluting the planet moving oil across the world, how does this make sense.

It was an agreement with Germany because they want/need the pipeline.

Just as you did with those who believed Trump's funding from other countries could influence him.
Clearly Hunter is problematic and made money off of his name and at least attempted to sell influence. If there is a hint that any of that impacted Joe and US policy, I'd absolutely want that investigated.
c'mon Merge... there are plenty of "HINTS". Are you discountng ALL of what the Schweizer and Divine books uncover? ...and what was alleged by Tony Bobolinski. If nothing else, the evidence is pretty strong that Biden lied about having no knowledge of Hunter's business deals. You have no curiousity about any of that or whether Joe and family benefited monetarily on Hunter's "deals".

I'd sure like to get to the bottom of Hunter's China deals and what leverage that may have given China over US policy. That doesn't concern you?

c'mon Merge... there are plenty of "HINTS". Are you discountng ALL of what the Schweizer and Divine books uncover? ...and what was alleged by Tony Bobolinski. If nothing else, the evidence is pretty strong that Biden lied about having no knowledge of Hunter's business deals. You have no curiousity about any of that or whether Joe and family benefited monetarily on Hunter's "deals".

I'd sure like to get to the bottom of Hunter's China deals and what leverage that may have given China over US policy. That doesn't concern you?

A child monetizing a name doesn’t really concern me. US policy being influenced does. Haven’t seen anything that really concerns me specifically there.

• Haha
A child monetizing a name doesn’t really concern me. US policy being influenced does. Haven’t seen anything that really concerns me specifically there.
Well a lot of Biden voters have now said that had they known about Hunter and the laptop, etc they would not have voted for Biden. This of course points to the censorship of the MSM and techgiants who refused to print anything derogatory about the Biden clan in the lead up to the election including the lap top and what was on it. You choose to turn a blind eye to all of this. You sound like Jen Psaki.

No, we didn’t and the keystone pipeline which was being referred to was not even US oil.
we have cut back on production. you are misinformed. Stats I saw showed a 1.1 milliion barrel a day less in 2020 than in 2019 and 100,000 barrels a day less between 2020 and 2021. Lower demand due to covid was part of that...... but we did have less production.

we have cut back on production. you are misinformed. Stats I saw showed a 1.1 milliion barrel a day less in 2020 than in 2019 and 100,000 barrels a day less between 2020 and 2021. Lower demand due to covid was part of that...... but we did have less production.

Who was president in 2020 for your 1.1 million barrel reduction?

Well a lot of Biden voters have now said that had they known about Hunter and the laptop, etc they would not have voted for Biden. This of course points to the censorship of the MSM and techgiants who refused to print anything derogatory about the Biden clan in the lead up to the election including the lap top and what was on it. You choose to turn a blind eye to all of this. You sound like Jen Psaki.

I heard Hunter Biden is the reason Russia is going to invade Ukraine....

Not turning a blind eye at all. I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you do.

I think there is plenty of evidence that Hunter is a scumbag and he leveraged his name to make money.
That's not illegal though. Even if some of that money went to Joe, the timing is after Joe was out of office and again would not be illegal.

What would be illegal is if a foreign government was paying Joe to influence US policy - but again, I haven't seen any evidence that was the case.

Reactions: cernjSHU

The point was that was not policy driven and the other poster was blaming Biden for it. Production has ben increasing since he was elected. There is nothing preventing more production other than demand.

So keystone cancellation and no new leases to drill on federal land didn’t reduce US production ? Low demand caused oil price to increase to almost $90 a barrel?

So keystone cancellation and no new leases to drill on federal land didn’t reduce US production ? Low demand caused oil price to increase to almost $90 a barrel?

1. Again, the keystone pipeline was for oil imported from Canada. Not US oil.

2. New leases take years to actually produce oil, so that has nothing to do with why oil production declined during the pandemic. Demand declined. That's it.

3. Lower demand dropped the price significantly in 2020. So produces stopped producing as much which increased the price.

Reactions: cernjSHU

Good read on the subject. We need to begin thinking more about mass transit solutions. We have no real solutions to reducing our fuel consumption outside of electric cars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT