ADVERTISEMENT

April recruiting tweets

It would appear we have not one but two ships opening up. Cole would be another regular transfer. Not seeing anything regarding grad transfers.

Former St. Anthony’s player averaged 20+ ppg both his freshman and sophomore year . 40% from the three and an 80 % free throw shooter for his two years at Howard , Listed as a combo guard.

What I am trying to figure out is why we’re looking at transfers other then a grad senior at the guard position when we appear to be the favorite for both Posh Alexander and Darrius Maddox , both guards , in the 2020 class . Add to that we just received a verbal from a sit out transfer in Molson , a 2 guard as is incoming freshman Dashawn Davis.

Am I the only one who is wondering if we have enough size on this team. Right now you have our two centers in Gill and Ikey which is solid and then you have as our PF’s , Sandro , Brodie and Samuel our incoming freshman.With our focus on the transfer market seeming to be centered on a guard , which I fully understand is our number one priority, but to bring in possibly two guards makes no sense to me especially if both have to sit a year. With TT strongly rumored to be leaving, Nzei graduated other then Sandro your options at the PF position are Brodie who saw no serious minutes last year and the freshman Samuel not what you could call a deep or experienced position .

Am I the only one who is wondering if we have enough size on this team. Right now you have our two centers in Gill and Ikey which is solid and then you have as our PF’s , Sandro , Brodie and Samuel our incoming freshman.With our focus on the transfer market seeming to be centered on a guard , which I fully understand is our number one priority, but to bring in possibly two guards makes no sense to me especially if both have to sit a year. With TT strongly rumored to be leaving, Nzei graduated other then Sandro your options at the PF position are Brodie who saw no serious minutes last year and the freshman Samuel not what you could call a deep or experienced position .

Good evening all.

HallGrad, agree with your concern. In a long post I wrote under the thread EXPECTATIONS, I alluded to that same concern, when talking about the difference between the 2019-20 team and the 88-89 FF team. Furthermore, I am concerned with a post written by someone, alluding to Brodie as a potential transfer. I sincerely hope not, as it would further weaken an area where we are not currently strong. The team could benefit from a strong backup to Mamu; particularly one with the opposite skills as a more traditional 4. Samuel could certainly help, though he is still an unknown quantity (plus he seems more like a slasher and s potential 3 down the road).

Let’s go Seton Hall!!!
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

May the Lord bless all of you in this Board and your respective families this Easter and always.

Reactions: BabyBlue
Imo Brodie gill and Ike are strictly 5s. Sandro is also going to play some 5. Rhoden and Samuel will play reserve 4 minutes. Rhoden played this last year. Again let’s not pretend most other teams have a bruising pf McDermott, Figueroa, samuels, etc.

However I’d love to add shakur juiston. I have no faith right now that we’ll add a grad transfer. I’m not even sure if we’re looking. Imo this is a huge mistake and caps our ceiling.

Imo Brodie gill and Ike are strictly 5s. Sandro is also going to play some 5. Rhoden and Samuel will play reserve 4 minutes. Rhoden played this last year. Again let’s not pretend most other teams have a bruising pf McDermott, Figueroa, samuels, etc.

However I’d love to add shakur juiston. I have no faith right now that we’ll add a grad transfer. I’m not even sure if we’re looking. Imo this is a huge mistake and caps our ceiling.
NO news on Juiston although I believe he would be a great addition to the team I just get the feeling that the coaching staff is not pursuing him.I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: shupat08
We have the size. But we need the big's to play at their highest level. And if TT get's through his slump and plays hard D we'll be fine with the front court IMO.

Reactions: mbraue
We have the size. But we need the big's to play at their highest level. And if TT get's through his slump and plays hard D we'll be fine with the front court IMO.

Good afternoon. Happy Easter and blessings to all!

Dr.Bill’s remark provides a sermingly new perspective (at least to me), that TT’s scholarship is not the Molson new scholarship, but that rather he might just be testing the waters like MP.

If TT decides at the end to come back after testing the waters, he would have the potential to address the need for the sort of a backup PF/C the 2019-20 team would need. Nonetheless, such a reality opens anew a couple of concerns. Would he be satisfied in such a role, as a backup and not as a starter? Would Willard feel more comfortable using him next season after his diminished/non-existent role at the end of this past season? Questions that definitely need answering.

Another question, then... if the open scholarship for Molson does not come from the Thompson scholarship, from whom does it come from? Which other player might be leaving our program?

The future looks bright at Seton Hall!
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

Dr.Bill’s remark provides a sermingly new perspective (at least to me), that TT’s scholarship is not the Molson new scholarship, but that rather he might just be testing the waters like MP.

If TT decides at the end to come back after testing the waters, he would have the potential to address the need for the sort of a backup PF/C the 2019-20 team would need. Nonetheless, such a reality opens anew a couple of concerns. Would he be satisfied in such a role, as a backup and not as a starter? Would Willard feel more comfortable using him next season after his diminished/non-existent role at the end of this past season? Questions that definitely need answering.

Another question, then... if the open scholarship for Molson does not come from the Thompson scholarship, from whom does it come from? Which other player might be leaving our program?

Son of Joe Seton ‘49

I can only guess that Reynolds will either transfer or relinquish his scholarship, Brodie transfers, Thompson goes pro or transfers, or a combination of these (especially if we are still looking at a possible transfer). Lol

I can only guess that Reynolds will either transfer or relinquish his scholarship, Brodie transfers, Thompson goes pro or transfers, or a combination of these (especially if we are still looking at a possible transfer). Lol

Shavar earned his scholly

Unless he really wants to transfer, which I doubt, I hope he stays.

Great kid and team player.

Son of Joe Seton ‘49

You spent way too much time on TT here.

Hope you had a great Easter.

Willard seems to be very active on the recruiting trail and because of his recent successes on the court he’s become more recognizable and gaining more attention when he’s out scouting players and his name is appearing in sports media blogs more frequently. Not a bad thing at all.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Son of Joe Seton ‘49
I believe in TT. But he is not ready for the NBA by a long shot. He can certainly work himself back into his (Syracuse) level of game, but he has to play D for Willard. That's not too late for him to accomplish IMO.

Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT