ADVERTISEMENT

April recruiting tweets

Timberlake would be a dream recruit for 2020. He’s the type of kid who could start as a freshman. Has a college-ready body, plays very hard and impacts the game on both ends. Very active and versatile defender who would thrive in Willard’s switch defense.

I agree of all the kids we are recruiting this is the guy I want the most. Proven winner and will make others around him better. I know right now we are a long shot, but him, Maddox, and Posh and we have an excellent recruiting class....add Omoruyi and we have a top 5 class. Lol

I agree of all the kids we are recruiting this is the guy I want the most. Proven winner and will make others around him better. I know right now we are a long shot, but him, Maddox, and Posh and we have an excellent recruiting class....add Omoruyi and we have a top 5 class. Lol
That would be incredible but even though we are hearing a lot of positives about 2020 recruiting, I remain a little skeptical. I’d be happy if we could just bring in 2 top 100 recruits.

Adding Molson took some pressure off and if we add another quality sit out player it could change who we target. Right now I’d like to add a PG, a scoring wing (SG or SF) and a Power play (PF/C)

That would be incredible but even though we are hearing a lot of positives about 2020 recruiting, I remain a little skeptical. I’d be happy if we could just bring in 2 top 100 recruits.

Adding Molson took some pressure off and if we add another quality sit out player it could change who we target. Right now I’d like to add a PG, a scoring wing (SG or SF) and a Power play (PF/C)

Agree, I think the lesson we learned from our 2018 class “recalibration” after we whiffed on ALL the top players we were in good shape with has left us all very cautious in the face of any positive news about of being in good shape with players in the 2020 class. I think we are in better position then we were then as a program as long as players don’t think Willard will leave with negative recruiting.

By the way why hasn’t Willard, the AD or seton hall talked about a contract extension to show recruits the coaching staff will be here for the long term? Big failure by our PR dept, I can see negative recruiting from choosing not to.

I agree 2 would be good but maybe a snowball effect will happen if we get one and then another.....just like when we got our last rated recruiting group.....lol

I was really blown away by Maddox last night. I had only seen the highlights that have been floating around this site for the past year. He seems taller than reported also. As tall as Timberlake who is listed at 6-5. Physically a dead ringer for Anthony Nelson - bouncy, terrific shooter from range, remarkably alert defensively. Smart, talented, handles himself in a mature, professional manner. If we only had one scholarship open, he'd get it from me. (Based only on one "live" scout.)

RJ Davis is a huge scorer at Stepinac but will be more of a distributor/floor general with the Rens who have an absolutely stacked roster.

They have 3 top 60 2020’s in St John’s decommit Nate Tabor, Lance Ware and Ethan Morton. They also have top 50 2021 Adama Sanogo and arguably the top player in the country in Jonathan Kuminga.

Coach K’s nephew Andy Borman has a stacked roster and is looking to parlay it into a college job. If Anderson hires him will he bring any of these players to St John’s?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Abdur-Rahim is raising his game a level. Saw recent footage of him and he’s playing with a new-found killer mentality and motor. His stock had gone down a little but expect him to climb up the rankings this season with the Playaz.

"">

Not a great game for Posh but he’s coming back from injury and they came back from down 10 late to take Team Takeover to OT. Tony Skinn’s old team is stacked. They won Peach Jam last year and have 10 players on their roster who are 4 or 5-Star players. Their big man Hunter Dickinson dominated with 26 points.

Dimingus Stevens scored 17 points off the bench in 14 minutes hitting 5 of 8 from 3. How many teams can bring a top 100 player like him off the bench? Pure shooter with deep range and good length and athleticism.

Not a great game for Posh but he’s coming back from injury and they came back from down 10 late to take Team Takeover to OT. Tony Skinn’s old team is stacked. They won Peach Jam last year and have 10 players on their roster who are 4 or 5-Star players. Their big man Hunter Dickinson dominated with 26 points.

Dimingus Stevens scored 17 points off the bench in 14 minutes hitting 5 of 8 from 3. How many teams can bring a top 100 player like him off the bench? Pure shooter with deep range and good length and athleticism.
I was able to watch a little from that game. And it was only one game but man I hated posh’s jump shot. His form looked awful. Am I off base here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT