ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Weston

jdavispirates

All Big East
Mar 23, 2020
Is announcing his decision on September 1st.

“Seton Hall thinks it can land Weston, but it won’t be easy.” Per my source.

Someone in another thread posted SHU as the second most likely destination, per Corey Evans.

This would be an incredible get by the staff. Here’s hoping!

Last edited:

“Seton Hall thinks it land Weston, but it won’t be easy.” Per my source.

Someone in another thread posted SHU as the second most likely destination, per Corey Evans.

Is this a Duane Woodward recruit? He has good credibility with NYC recruits, having been a great one himself before playing at Boston College. Sure hope we land this player. If we do, hats off to Woodward.

Saw the article on rivals written by Corey. Sounds like the staff has quietly been working him hard. Let’s hope he wants to come back to the NY area where it sounds like he’s originally from. He would be a tremendous get. JDavis - Are you a Trove member? If you are, I’d love to see the scoop on there.

Reactions: mbraue

Not the dreaded, "the staff feels good about their chances" phrase.

Is this a Duane Woodward recruit? He has good credibility with NYC recruits, having been a great one himself before playing at Boston College. Sure hope we land this player. If we do, hats off to Woodward.

He isn’t really a NYC kid though, right? I think he was born in NYC but has been gone for a while.

Illinois fan: It's been pretty well-known for a couple of months around here that he's choosing between Wake and Seton Hall. With Danny Manning leaving and the recruiting situations at Michigan and Illinois, it's been pretty clear for awhile that he was likely choosing Seton Hall unless something big changed.

Congrats on adding a tough athlete that you'll love having for 4 years!

With Danny Manning leaving and the recruiting situations at Michigan and Illinois, it's been pretty clear for awhile that he was likely choosing Seton Hall

ok Danny Manning out makes sense, but what do u mean the recruiting situations at mich and Illinois? Are they out of ships or close to it?

Last edited:
ok Danny Manning out makes sense, but what do u mean the recruiting situations at mich and Illinois? Are they out of ships or close to it?

Probably who they have projected to return or who they are focusing on more for that class.

Reactions: Jaycg15
They both are prioritizing different guys. Michigan is about to fill up that position, and Illinois wanted him as a reclass to 20, and is after the scoring wing role (Jordan Nesbitt and David Jones). I would've liked to take him anyway, but that would put us at 3 wings- sounds like Jones will choose us.

Anyway, Weston is a baller. If what's going around is true, you got yourself a dude.

Looks like we are getting him, BIG get by the staff

In recruiting it’s never a done deal till he signs his LOI and “ Looks Like “ don’t count till the recruit does the following:
1. Verbals ,
2. Signs his LOI
3. Is declared eligible by the NCAA.

Reactions: Abbo71
We have not lost a verbal since Kevin was here. While loi is the thing, I think shu fans can trust a verbal . I do.

Reactions: thehall07
Assuming they think he’s that level. Those programs aren’t Duke or KY where they can turn down top 100 kids on the regular.

In recruiting it’s never a done deal till he signs his LOI and “ Looks Like “ don’t count till the recruit does the following:
1. Verbals ,
2. Signs his LOI
3. Is declared eligible by the NCAA.
Lol this ain’t my first rodeo

Willard hasn’t lost a commit as 75 stated... this isn’t the Gonzo era .

are you normally like this , damn you could ruin a wet dream.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I agree all the CBs should make you feel confident but with recent history durugordon to Georgia one by Tyler got flipped suddenly to Missouri makes me think it’s not a done deal.

he posted himself that he isn’t sure in a response to an Illinois fan saying “come on man you already committed to SHU”

I’ll feel more confident closer to aug 30-31st in the CBs when he has had to let all the coaches staffs know and it usually leaks out by one of them associated with the program.

They both are prioritizing different guys. Michigan is about to fill up that position, and Illinois wanted him as a reclass to 20, and is after the scoring wing role (Jordan Nesbitt and David Jones). I would've liked to take him anyway, but that would put us at 3 wings- sounds like Jones will choose us.

Anyway, Weston is a baller. If what's going around is true, you got yourself a dude.
Will he qualify? What are his grades and academics?

I agree all the CBs should make you feel confident but with recent history durugordon to Georgia one by Tyler got flipped suddenly to Missouri makes me think it’s not a done deal.

he posted himself that he isn’t sure in a response to an Illinois fan saying “come on man you already committed to SHU”

I’ll feel more confident closer to aug 30-31st in the CBs when he has had to let all the coaches staffs know and it usually leaks out by one of them associated with the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT