ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Weston

lol...this has played out. It’s over. Put a deposit on your Weston jersey. How many recruitments have we followed and in the days leading up to the announcement crystal balls start pouring in for the eventual winner? These aren’t “predictions” these are confirmations that word has leaked. This happens with literally every significant recruit, and why all these analysts have like 98% accuracy ratings.

lol...this has played out. It’s over. Put a deposit on your Weston jersey. How many recruitments have we followed and in the days leading up to the announcement crystal balls start pouring in for the eventual winner? These aren’t “predictions” these are confirmations that word has leaked. This happens with literally every significant recruit, and why all these analysts have like 98% accuracy ratings.
Yeah, but these analysts change their calls all the time in the hours leading up to the announcement, so I take the accuracy ratings with a grain of salt. We just saw that with Durugordon. Like a lot of others have said, I'm not assuming it's a done deal until the LOI is signed and the player is on campus.

If he comes here, Weston would be the third-best recruit all-time, according to the 247 composite, which looks to go back at least 15 years. Only Whitehead and Delgado were ranked higher on this metric (the fourth -ranked player is Justin Cerasoli). Would be a great get and an awesome addition to an already good '21 recruiting class.

Reactions: shu09
Yeah, but these analysts change their calls all the time in the hours leading up to the announcement, so I take the accuracy ratings with a grain of salt. We just saw that with Durugordon. Like a lot of others have said, I'm not assuming it's a done deal until the LOI is signed and the player is on campus.

If he comes here, Weston would be the third-best recruit all-time, according to the 247 composite, which looks to go back at least 15 years. Only Whitehead and Delgado were ranked higher on this metric (the fourth -ranked player is Justin Cerasoli). Would be a great get and an awesome addition to an already good '21 recruiting class.

Recruiting "analyst" predictions are the dumbest things. All they're doing is telling you what their sources say, without actually writing an article or going on the record. These people do not have any great skill for predicting these things, they are simply messengers.

So he'd be the 3rd best recruit in the last 15 years, not all time.

Recruiting "analyst" predictions are the dumbest things. All they're doing is telling you what their sources say, without actually writing an article or going on the record. These people do not have any great skill for predicting these things, they are simply messengers.
This is why I mentioned Justin Cerasoli as the fourth player on the list.

Reactions: thehall07

I think context matters here. Yes, early in the recruitment process you must take crystal balls with a grain of salt. But this late in the game they hold significantly more weight. When multiple crystal balls start pouring in from some of the most reputable analysts in the industry days before the announcement its extremely likely they know the decision.

So much potential so little in the way to work ethic and patience.

Justin Cerasoli was one of the most talented players to come through campus post-Amaker. His attitude held him back in high school from what I could tell at the time, and it only got worse once he got on campus. He also wore the baggiest damn clothes I have ever seen.

Reactions: thehall07
Justin Cerasoli was one of the most talented players to come through campus post-Amaker. His attitude held him back in high school from what I could tell at the time, and it only got worse once he got on campus. He also wore the baggiest damn clothes I have ever seen.
Wasnt that fad in the mid to late 90s?

Haha so true

Guys, we're getting off track here. This thread is about an incredibly talented young man who we all want to come play for the Pirates. Forget about the pettiness and let's show Brandon how much we want him.

His intensity and work ethic are perfect for Willard's system. His physical abilities just adds to the equation.

Guys, we're getting off track here. This thread is about an incredibly talented young man who we all want to come play for the Pirates. Forget about the pettiness and let's show Brandon how much we want him.

His intensity and work ethic are perfect for Willard's system. His physical abilities just adds to the equation.

With Willard's development ability of players hes going to be an NBA caliber prospect at a guard position or maybe a 3

If he decides on the Hall. I think he has the handle to play the 2 right off the jump. Defense is solid with his length too.

I think the staff puts him at the SG position esp with Rhoden in his senior year and Stevens backing him up.

Only thing he would need to work on is his shooting accuracy with lots of reps bc his form is solid.

With Willard's development ability of players hes going to be an NBA caliber prospect at a guard position or maybe a 3
Not just that but there aren't many better trainers in the business than Tony Testa.

Brandon Weston is a well built teenager right now. In a few years if he comes here he will be a well built man and a no doubt about it NBA prospect.

From his highlight reel, he looks like a beast on the court. Has explosiveness inside with a soft touch outside. Efficient.

Would love to see him join the SHU family.

Not just that but there aren't many better trainers in the business than Tony Testa.

Brandon Weston is a well built teenager right now. In a few years if he comes here he will be a well built man and a no doubt about it NBA prospect.

Jason Nehring also deserves a lot of credit. If you've ever seen him work with our guys, you'll understand why so many players have been able to transform their bodies at SHU.

Wow this woukd be something! Close it Willard!
Great great player! He’s a great fit for us and we’re a great school for him. I wish him luck regardless of what happens but man he’d make the right decision coming to a school that focuses on hoops and is trending in the right direction. No better place for him to hone his NBA talents.

Reactions: Robot_Man

way to try to get this thread back on track Dan. Ughh, the things people do to abuse a good thread on a potential great addition to the program. C’mon guys, keep it positive and on point of the thread. Especially when it comes to recruits.

Brandon, joining the Pirate family will be one of your best lifetime decisions. The Hall will well prepare you for both your basketball career and your long life when that career is over. Once a Pirate always a Pirate in this family Hope to see you in a Pirate uniform and watch you develop and succeed like so many before you.

Jason Nehring also deserves a lot of credit. If you've ever seen him work with our guys, you'll understand why so many players have been able to transform their bodies at SHU.

Tony and Jason are amazing. Shoot, if I had daily access to Tony even I would probably resemble something much closer to a physically-fit human being.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT