ADVERTISEMENT

Bring the Energy

I think the crowd the last two games has been much quieter than weve had all year. I'm not sure the reason but it was pretty obvious compared to the other games. I do think bringing energy from the stands and being loud all game helps teams feed off home court energy. Even the Dunk in Providence seems much louder than The Rock, and they've got nothing to cheer about. 5 more home games left, let's make them loud

Its amazing what our fans will do to protect their cozy way of watching a game. Bananas. Im not saying every year, im saying this particular year.

im asking you, why not? Why wont you cheer during times that arent key moments?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Hmmm from one of the ring leaders of we sucked earlier in the year now telling us we have to support the guys through good and bad. 09 is right. This board is incredible.

I think hes just saying it would he nice for the crowd to be loud all game. When you can hear the cheerleaders, you know its quiet, and you can hear them the first 30 minutes against DePaul.

Also, Athlete is way over the top on his in game takes, but criticizing the team after 6-4 start doesnt make you a bad fan man. Its okay to expect more from people.

I think the volume of other fanbases is a bit overrated by these boards. There are plenty of times when the ski lodge or Hinkel sound dead.

There were moments during the DePaul game when the crowd came alive to try to stop the bleeding, but the team continued to look lifeless and the momentum of the crowd waned.

It's a lot to ask fans who spent money and took time away from their families and other responsibilities to show unrelenting excitement when the team has extended droughts and is shooting 30% from the line.

The crowd was rocking any time the team showed life. So much so that the coach and beat writers made note of it.

I don't think it's wrong to ask for the fans to be louder, but I think we frequently undersell our own fanbase.

Im very passionate . Ive learned to progress with the hot takes on the team. Getting better and will get there one day.

but this? Full steam here. Cant for the life of me understand why people would be opposed

I think the volume of other fanbases is a bit overrated by these boards. There are plenty of times when the ski lodge or Hinkel sound dead.

There were moments during the DePaul game when the crowd came alive to try to stop the bleeding, but the team continued to look lifeless and the momentum of the crowd waned.

It's a lot to ask fans who spent money and took time away from their families and other responsibilities to show unrelenting excitement when the team has extended droughts and is shooting 30% from the line.

The crowd was rocking any time the team showed life. So much so that the coach and beat writers made note of it.

I don't think it's wrong to ask for the fans to be louder, but I think we frequently undersell our own fanbase.

I just want a freaking "SETON!" "HALL!" chant between the two sides of the arena.

UNC has the TAR- HEELS chant.

It would he such a simple thing for the arena to inject life onto the crowd. Someone at SHU needs to make this happen using the big board, signs, hype people, ANYTHING!

Are u scared? Embarrassed? Fairweather? Help us understand why youre trying to stop people encouraging more cheering. We can help u get through this
Where have I stopped anyone? I’m a firm believer in letting the people enjoy the game as they choose. They don’t have to do it your way. Yet you never acknowledged your terrible moments as a fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: hbkmyr
Yup folks we did it, most the crowd wears shu stuff now. What a content finish line.

i get your comment but there is a transition going on that’s taken a quite a long time.. From my perspective going back you had the students making noise, the loyal old timers staying relatively quiet and then a small group of alumni in the middle of the pack. Also, unlike today many fans did not wear SHU garb because it was hard to come by.

Fast forward and it’s been a huge leap. Remember the first job was to get more talent on the roster and then get your customers to come back. I understand you want Duke’s student body and Kentucky’s fanbase, but that’s a high bar to reach. Right now things are great. Like I said these last several games should be even better.

I just want a freaking "SETON!" "HALL!" chant between the two sides of the arena.

It would he such a simple thing for the arena to inject life onto the crowd. Someone at SHU needs to make this happen using the big board, signs, hype people, ANYTHING!

I seem to recall attempts at this when the student section was divided on both ends of the court. It never really took off, though.

I agree, it would be cool, but it would require some organization.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I think hes just saying it would he nice for the crowd to be loud all game. When you can hear the cheerleaders, you know its quiet, and you can hear them the first 30 minutes against DePaul.

Also, Athlete is way over the top on his in game takes, but criticizing the team after 6-4 start doesnt make you a bad fan man. Its okay to expect more from people.
Sorry bud, he put his foot in his mouth. He wants people to stay supportive while things are bad now. That attitude was not there a month ago. Yeah we were 6–4 but we have history of getting better and we just played better than 2 top 10 teams for 35+ minutes each. Did he not see that? Did he just have an epiphany to support during down times after 10 in a row? Truth is if you read between the lines he’s not a seton hall fan at all. He just likes to bitch about our program at all times. Willard sucks, can’t use that one anymore. Prayer and Powell, can’t use that one anymore. Our bigs are terrible, can’t use that one anymore. And the list goes on and on. Now is a pretty crappy time to hate on the team or the coach. So who can you crap on....the fans.

Last edited:
Sorry bud, he put his foot in his mouth. He wants people to stay supportive while things are bad now. That attitude was not there a month ago. Yeah we were 6–4 but we have history of getting better and we just played better than 2 top 10 teams for 35+ minutes each. Did he not see that? Did he just have an epiphany to support during down times after 10 in a row? Truth is if you read between the lines he’s not a seton hall fan at all. He just likes to bitch about our program at all times. Willard sucks, can’t use that one anymore. Prayer and Powell, can’t use that one anymore. Our bigs are terrible, can’t use that one anymore. And the list goes on and on. Now is a pretty crappy time to hate on the team or the coach. So who can you crap on....the fans.
How was i not supportive? Ive gone to 90% of the games.

we were prayer and powell. Its revisionist history to stay otherwise. AND ive been very supportive of willard for a while now.

AND im saying we need to be supportive while were GOOD . Top 10. Be supportive during moments when our team is down in the game. Completely different than talking on a message board to fans. I was still going and cheering during all those games. My foot is so far from my mouth right now.

Critiquing a 6-4 team doesnt mean im not supporting. What i say to u guys doesnt matter. What matters is what i do when i go to 90% of the games . During good and bad ive been there and cheered.

Nah wont happen. We had 3k fans in 2014 so we dont have to do this cheer

How was i not supportive? Ive gone to 90% of the games.

we were prayer and powell. Its revisionist history to stay otherwise. AND ive been very supportive of willard for a while now.

AND im saying we need to be supportive while were GOOD . Top 10. Be supportive during moments when our team is down in the game. Completely different than talking on a message board to fans. I was still going and cheering during all those games. My foot is so far from my mouth right now.

Critiquing a 6-4 team doesnt mean im not supporting. What i say to u guys doesnt matter. What matters is what i do when i go to 90% of the games . During good and bad ive been there and cheered.
Actually what you say here does matter as the players read it. You think being loud at the game has an impact well crapping on our team on here also has an impact. So you’re no better than those you blast for sitting on their hands.

Actually what you say here does matter as the players read it. You think being loud at the game has an impact well crapping on our team on here also has an impact. So you’re no better than those you blast for sitting on their hands.
Ok great. Ill stop. Next on the agenda: cheer at games.

hopefully all will feel compelled to treat this team like a #10. Go bananas for donnie baseball.

im on a medical diet so obv im super cranky. Apologies. Love you all. Show up 11am ready to go

Ok great. Ill stop. Next on the agenda: cheer at games.

hopefully all will feel compelled to treat this team like a #10. Go bananas for donnie baseball.

im on a medical diet so obv im super cranky. Apologies. Love you all. Show up 11am ready to go
My apologies to you as well. I will be a “bad fan” today as I will continue the process of creating a 4 year old into a life long pirate fan. This may mean not getting loud when you want me to. This may mean getting up during game action to take a photo with the pirate. This may mean being in the kids zone playing connect 4. My apologies for being a bad fan.

Reactions: hbkmyr and Piratz
Bros,

Lets all get along and enjoy the team before our eyes because nothing lasts forever. I'm staying home today and watching the game but my condo complex will be able to hear me because I'll be yelling the whole time while day drinking with some heavy IPAs.

LETS GO PIRATES!

I'm not sure how I can say this any more clearly. What I am after is:

The crowd being up and loud the ENTIRE game and not just for spurts when things either start to look ugly or Myles Powell hits three 3s in a row.
Not even the Cameron Crazies are loud all game long.

My apologies to you as well. I will be a “bad fan” today as I will continue the process of creating a 4 year old into a life long pirate fan. This may mean not getting loud when you want me to. This may mean getting up during game action to take a photo with the pirate. This may mean being in the kids zone playing connect 4. My apologies for being a bad fan.
No its that u have an issue with those that want the crowd to be better. Of course u are a good fan but cant understand the animosity for those wanting to give this team a top 10 atmosphere

Crowd was the furthest thing from the issue that effected us today. Crowd was great... and we were down the entire game. Team was the issue

I did not attend the game but the crowd was excellent. The seats seemed to be filled on the lower level and they were involved. A few times when The Hall was trying to crawl back into it the crowd stood and it looked Bigtime. Good job by the fans today. The team was the issue.

No, the 50 people on this board cheered before and after this thread. Don’t pat yourself on the back, you did nothing with this.
Please. Funny how all of a sudden you get over aggressive about it and things change. Crowd didnt do this first half of depaul. What about those 50 people. I thought people listened to this board. How do u explain the defense chant being played? Weird how they dusted that one off today after years of non use. Almost like someone was listening.

its no coincidence. We did a good job today and its because the fans got called out. Good job to everyone here that shared the sentiment on this board.

believe it sami. But we can still improve

Please. Funny how all of a sudden you get over aggressive about it and things change. Crowd didnt do this first half of depaul. What about those 50 people. I thought people listened to this board. How do u explain the defense chant being played? Weird how they dusted that one off today after years of non use. Almost like someone was listening.

its no coincidence. We did a good job today and its because the fans got called out. Good job to everyone here that shared the sentiment on this board.

Messiah Complex.

LOL. You can’t be serious. I can’t even respond. I feel bad if that’s how your brain works. 100 or so people on this board got the 10,000 people going today. Lol

Reactions: shu09

You’re such a dope. This thread had zero influence on the game. Get over yourself.

Being whiny on here did not inspire anything at the arena. You didn’t influence a single person who reads these boards.

Reactions: shu09 and shupat08
Messiah Complex.
He is nothing even close to a leader. Pissing and moaning on these boards does not inspire people. One person I wouldn’t bother to associate with at the Rock.

Was nice to meet Kaz. He’s nuts, but our kinda nuts.

Reactions: shupat08
He is nothing even close to a leader. Pissing and moaning on these boards does not inspire people. One person I wouldn’t bother to associate with at the Rock.

Was nice to meet Kaz. He’s nuts, but our kinda nuts.

Messiah Complex:
"The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that they are responsible for saving or assisting others."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT