ADVERTISEMENT

Bring the Energy

Please. Funny how all of a sudden you get over aggressive about it and things change. Crowd didnt do this first half of depaul. What about those 50 people. I thought people listened to this board. How do u explain the defense chant being played? Weird how they dusted that one off today after years of non use. Almost like someone was listening.

its no coincidence. We did a good job today and its because the fans got called out. Good job to everyone here that shared the sentiment on this board.

believe it sami. But we can still improve

The defense chant was played in the last game against DePaul too, and has been played here and there over the years. Guess you weren't there for that one.

Today's crowd was no different than most of the other games this season. Crowd was locked in and tried to rally the team countless times.

Guys. My apologies... I slept in... I forgot to wake the players up give them their eggs and coffee, remind them they had a game and they were supposed to be excited and energized for it.

LOL. I kid, I kid.

No need to take a shot at the players. They’ve played well all year. Have more class. Even if you think it’s true, it’s also unnecessary.

Players can handle shots and praise evenly. They are big boys playing in front of 10k people. This isn’t Little League. They didn’t bring energy to start the game. It’s obvious. Even their coach said they were too passive. Some of the players themselves even said it publicly.

When they don’t bring it it can be said. When they do bring it it can be said. Far too often the world is constantly looking to coddle and not criticize, confusing that one-sided approach with “class”.

Players can handle shots and praise evenly. They are big boys playing in front of 10k people. This isn’t Little League. They didn’t bring energy to start the game. It’s obvious. Even their coach said they were too passive. Some of the players themselves even said it publicly.

When they don’t bring it it can be said. When they do bring it it can be said. Far too often the world is constantly looking to coddle and not criticize, confusing that one-sided approach with “class”.

I’m sure they can handle it, but that’s what they have coaches for. The coaches can handle it. Grown men criticizing college athletes, just my opinion is low class. And that will always be my opinion. Our energy had nothing to do with it. Boxing out is not a priority and we got burned by it today. Energy wouldn’t have changed a thing without boxing out . When we bring our best energy we are susceptible to what happened today. However that same philosophy has us #10 in the country so why argue it.

I’m sure they can handle it, but that’s what they have coaches for. The coaches can handle it. Grown men criticizing college athletes, just my opinion is low class. And that will always be my opinion. Our energy had nothing to do with it. Boxing out is not a priority and we got burned by it today. Energy wouldn’t have changed a thing without boxing out . When we bring our best energy we are susceptible to what happened today. However that same philosophy has us #10 in the country so why argue it.

Ok, great. Do what you want. You’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t find it classless.

Yeah, I know, it’s all about execution and attitude/energy/effort and everything else is always a given. Or if it’s not we just can’t say it publicly for some reason.

This performance today was not simply within the usual rebounding inadequacy. It was much worse, unusually so. It’s because we were flat early and not engaged enough. It got better but by then was too late. It was a bad game, that’s all.

Ok, great. Do what you want. You’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t find it classless.

Yeah, I know, it’s all about execution and attitude/energy/effort and everything else is always a given. Or if it’s not we just can’t say it publicly for some reason.

This performance today was not simply within the usual rebounding inadequacy. It was much worse, unusually so. It’s because we were flat early and not engaged enough. It got better but by then was too late. It was a bad game, that’s all.

Don't be offended. You got him to admit Boxing out is not a priority - an honest to goodness criticism of the Coach.

I’m sure coach ripped them. Nothing worse than coaching ripping you, then you go to the coffee shop or you go to class the next day and you have a bunch of guys who know everything telling you how bad you are or how can you lose to that team. Captain of my HS hockey team freshman year would always tell people, if you could do better help us, if not keep your mouth shut.

Don't be offended. You got him to admit Boxing out is not a priority - an honest to goodness criticism of the Coach.

I’ve said that for years I don’t like our boxing out. Nothing new there. However I’m sure coach knows more than I do and has a system and a philosophy that is clearly working. I’m supporting his ways. He forgot more than I will ever know. Lucky for you and others you know more than him.

I’ve said that for years I don’t like our boxing out. Nothing new there. However I’m sure coach knows more than I do and has a system and a philosophy that is clearly working. I’m supporting his ways. He forgot more than I will ever know. Lucky for you and others you know more than him.

I believe Willard values boxing out and demands it of his players. I'm surprised you do not.

I believe Willard values boxing out and demands it of his players. I'm surprised you do not.

These 2 statements contradict. Your original statement shows what you really believe. Clearly you are just looking to instigate. Go perform an impossible act of procreation upon yourself.

We got the trifeca of guys in here trying to validate themselves but proof is in the pudding.

i have more to post tonight. It will be constructive
You’re such a tool. Trying to validate ourselves? You thinking that posting on this board ignited the arena today shows your mental capacity. Seriously, there are 50-100 people that have seen this thread, max. And of those that went to the game are already cheering.

Having energy might have helped with the boxing out part.

We got the trifeca of guys in here trying to validate themselves but proof is in the pudding.

i have more to post tonight. It will be constructive

First time for everything, I guess.

It's ok. You were so busy calling Piratz "low class" you made the mistake of accidentally criticizing the coach. Coach values boxing out and I remain surprised you believe otherwise.

Go perform an impossible act of procreation upon yourself.

Low class

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
It's ok. You were so busy calling Piratz "low class" you made the mistake of accidentally criticizing the coach. Coach values boxing out and I remain surprised you believe otherwise.

You can grow old and think it’s cool to be the old timers in the local deli and coffee shop telling the amateur athletes why they stunk today. Deep down inside I always wanted to tell those guys to stick it where the sun doesn’t shine. But that’s just me. Maybe you enjoyed hearing it from more people after you got a tongue lashing from your coach. Or maybe you never got to experience that first hand because you never played at a varsity level. I don’t know. The irony is it’s never former coaches telling the players what they did wrong. It’s always guys with 0 accomplishments doing the talking. Former coaches, the guys with the most knowledge, know not to go there.

No mistake because there was no criticizing. Disagreement with philosophy. Very different. I’m not calling for him to change a thing. As I said he forgot more basketball than I will ever know. In Willard I trust. So why anyone would value my philosophy over his, including myself, is stupid. People like yourself who know more than him, those are the philosophies we should value.

Clearly you couldn’t make a valuable contribution to the board about the 2 comments you made that contradict each other so you clearly ignored it and would rather be a troll and keep quoting the same post. BTW, there’s nothing low class about telling a troll to take a hike. You’ve spent more time trolling me after this loss than you did on here during the 10 game win streak. Clearly evident what you’re doing.

Last edited:
That's an engrained culture at specific schools. The students and fans have a certain level of PTSD due to this program Post PJ.... there are almost zero alumni who even attend games who graduated between 2007 and 2012.... We do not have the culture to do what posters in this thread are expecting of our program.

and even for many of the older fans they witnessed our own School giving ourselves basically the death penalty.

Our program has almost the exact opposite culture of many of those schools.

It's a certain level of dread and doom surrounding this basketball fan PTSD that we have.

And that's not changing because of one season where we started a 10 game win streak and have a #10 rank. It will take 10-15+ years of that type of success to build up that culture.
So what is wrong with trying to change the culture, especially for the better? I guess for some it’s just easier to sit on their ass and do nothing because then it’s mission accomplished with little to no effort. I applaud those who want to do whatever it takes to improve the game day experience for all involved. We’re going to our fifth consecutive NCAA tournament, the culture should naturally be changing for the better already! If the ‘07-‘12 alumni want to pout and not participate, so be it, their loss, just makes more room for those of us who truly support our team and our school!

BTW, has anyone noticed that there is a hell of a lot more blue in the stands? That’s a good thing and a sign of the culture changing just a little bit. There used to be a lot more complaining (rightfully so) that people weren’t wearing blue. Now they are.

Reactions: Piratz
So what is wrong with trying to change the culture, especially for the better? I guess for some it’s just easier to sit on their ass and do nothing because then it’s mission accomplished with little to no effort. I applaud those who want to do whatever it takes to improve the game day experience for all involved. We’re going to our fifth consecutive NCAA tournament, the culture should naturally be changing for the better already! If the ‘07-‘12 alumni want to pout and not participate, so be it, their loss, just makes more room for those of us who truly support our team and our school!

BTW, has anyone noticed that there is a hell of a lot more blue in the stands? That’s a good thing and a sign of the culture changing just a little bit. There used to be a lot more complaining (rightfully so) that people weren’t wearing blue. Now they are.

Maybe read the posts?

It's not happening immediately. It's changing. We're not going to be the Cameron crazies overnight. It takes time.

Yesterday's crowd was great and so has the crowds 95% of the season. What I took issue with was the idea that it's the crowds responsibility to energize the team. As you can see energized crowd yesterday. Not an energized team.

Did I say we should sit on our asses and do nothing? No. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: metalpirate07
I just want a freaking "SETON!" "HALL!" chant between the two sides of the arena.

UNC has the TAR- HEELS chant.

It would he such a simple thing for the arena to inject life onto the crowd. Someone at SHU needs to make this happen using the big board, signs, hype people, ANYTHING!
They used to do this! No idea why we haven’t this season.

Maybe read the posts?

It's not happening immediately. It's changing. We're not going to be the Cameron crazies overnight. It takes time.

Yesterday's crowd was great and so has the crowds 95% of the season. What I took issue with was the idea that it's the crowds responsibility to energize the team. As you can see energized crowd yesterday. Not an energized team.

Did I say we should sit on our asses and do nothing? No. Thanks for playing.
I did read the posts. I think your reading comprehension of my post is the problem. Go back and try it again.

I did read the posts. I think your reading comprehension of my post is the problem. Go back and try it again.

"So what is wrong with trying to change the culture, especially for the better? I guess for some it’s just easier to sit on their ass and do nothing because then it’s mission accomplished with little to no effort."

This is from your post. And in direct response to my post. By using the "?" in your opening sentence, you are therefore directing that question at me. I didn't say there was a problem in changing the culture. I said the culture is changing - albeit slowly. We will not become Duke overnight. I also did not say we should or people should "sit on their ass and do nothing". And neither did anyone else in this thread.

Last edited:
"So what is wrong with trying to change the culture, especially for the better? I guess for some it’s just easier to sit on their ass and do nothing because then it’s mission accomplished with little to no effort."

This is from your post. And in direct response to my post. I didn't say either of those things. And neither did anyone else in this thread.
Trying to change the culture is one thing. Getting pissed at people who have been donating to the program for 30+ years for not doing what you hoped for is another story.

Lol, this post....

You have 2-3 people on here thinking they’re changing the world with their ranting to 5-6 other die hard posters/fans who do as much if not more than they (actually go to games, cheer, donate).

Posting on Piratecrew has not and won’t ever ignite The Rock or complete a capital campaign.

Lol, this post....

You have 2-3 people on here thinking they’re changing the world with their ranting to 5-6 other die hard posters/fans who do as much if not more than they (actually go to games, cheer, donate).

Posting on Piratecrew has not and won’t ever ignite The Rock or complete a capital campaign.
Voice of reason.

Lol, this post....

Stop. Its been u 3 trying to hold on. All i hear about is how posting here gets to the players, family, coaches. This board will chastise people accordingly.

now all of a sudden nobody reads it? What is it sami?

funny how all of a sudden things change

Reactions: The SHUttle
How many times does it have to happen, when a player blows past us and tips in a missed shot???
No one should have to tell our players..hey, you have to box out.

Reactions: JGCPA
Stop. Its been u 3 trying to hold on. All i hear about is how posting here gets to the players, family, coaches. This board will chastise people accordingly.

You can’t be that illogical. Can’t be. When you say something negative about someone it will clearly gets back to people. People go to games for different reasons. Some spend it with family members. Others go to learn things about the game. Some go to get drunk. Others go to be part of something greater than themselves. Your post on here is not changing the reason they go to a game. The crowd was really no different yesterday than it was all year. People have gotten into it when it was called for. They weren’t on their feet 40 minutes. Get over yourself. Gyrating Joe got people going. You sir, did not.

Reactions: shupat08

Ok, 12,000 people there yesterday and you think this post is what made them cheer for the team. You did graduate? Is this lingering impact of water in your ears or is the stupid just progressing?

Ok, 12,000 people there yesterday and you think this post is what made them cheer for the team. You did graduate? Is this lingering impact of water in your ears or is the stupid just progressing?

He can't drunk post about how bad the team is this year or how bad KW is as a coach this year. So he is talking shit about the fans.

Yes, DePaul crowd was tough. When 1/2 the arena (3 of my friends who are normally there 20+ minutes early included) didn't get to their seats until tip due to accidents on the highways, traffic in Newark and slow security at the entrances that will lead to a grumpy quiet group of fans - add to that the really poor play in the first half... Well there ya go.

But he then comes back here and then takes credit for yesterdays crowd which was really no different than the crowd for 90% of our home games this year. Guess he couldn't get to most of them so he has to judge by the noise coming from the tv and what the announcers said of the crowds.

People call me negative, and a lot of the times I can be. I'll call what I believe to be a spade a spade. But I will also give credit where it is due. But I believe it is more often than not within bounds and about the game. And differences in coaching and game play philosophy.

His negativity is just to be negative.

Last edited:
He is nothing even close to a leader. Pissing and moaning on these boards does not inspire people. One person I wouldn’t bother to associate with at the Rock.

Was nice to meet Kaz. He’s nuts, but our kinda nuts.

Funny to post about a Messiah complex and then talk about "your kind".

No mistake because there was no criticizing. Disagreement with philosophy.

So the coach who has forgotten more than I ever knew doesn't prioritize boxing out; but you do? Boxing out isn't a philosophy like playing zone vs. M2M. The worst coach in the history of coaching will tell you boxing out is important. You are criticizing Coach Willard because his philosophy doesn't measure up to your standards. I think Willard deserves better than that.

BTW, there’s nothing low class about telling a troll to take a hike.

I have no issue with you telling me to take a hike. Your choice of words was low class which I found pretty amusing coming in the same thread where you are criticizing others for being low class. I thought you were better than that.

So the coach who has forgotten more than I ever knew doesn't prioritize boxing out; but you do? Boxing out isn't a philosophy like playing zone vs. M2M. The worst coach in the history of coaching will tell you boxing out is important. You are criticizing Coach Willard because his philosophy doesn't measure up to your standards. I think Willard deserves better than that.

I have no issue with you telling me to take a hike. Your choice of words was low class which I found pretty amusing coming in the same thread where you are criticizing others for being low class. I thought you were better than that.

You just keep repeating the same comment post after post because you have nothing valuable to add. Nowhere at any time did I say Willard doesn’t measure up to my standard. I feel bad for you because you seem uneducated and unable to have a real debate. As if a coach can’t have a philosophy where I want guys running out when the shot goes up and have a big under the hoop. That’s not a philosophy? Maybe you disagree but that’s a philosophy. You just troll. If you truly thought Willard deserved better you would be posting a lot and not just to me. But you’re a phony and a troll. Sad person.

My choice of words was what I will call old school Howard Stern style saying exactly what I wanted to say without the FCC banning me. Low class not so much.

Good Luck in life.

You just keep repeating the same comment post after post because you have nothing valuable to add. Nowhere at any time did I say Willard doesn’t measure up to my standard. I feel bad for you because you seem uneducated and unable to have a real debate. As if a coach can’t have a philosophy where I want guys running out when the shot goes up and have a big under the hoop. That’s not a philosophy? Maybe you disagree but that’s a philosophy. You just troll. If you truly thought Willard deserved better you would be posting a lot and not just to me. But you’re a phony and a troll. Sad person.

My choice of words was what I will call old school Howard Stern style saying exactly what I wanted to say without the FCC banning me. Low class not so much.

Good Luck in life.

LOL. This thread has made me enjoy your posts again!

I'd personally prefer the box-out crash the boards philosophy... The run out philosophy drives me nuts when it doesn't work, but it's fun to watch when it does work.

LOL. This thread has made me enjoy your posts again!

I'd personally prefer the box-out crash the boards philosophy... The run out philosophy drives me nuts when it doesn't work, but it's fun to watch when it does work.
I’m an average poster who has been fortunate to have done well in sports in my life. I will be the first to admit I have 0 basketball specific knowledge as I’ve never played competitive ball. But I know a heck of a lot about building a team and my favorite part of coaching has always been player development. Kind of why I consider myself a big fan of Willard since year 2. Loved the development of JT from junior to senior year. He wasn’t just a good PG, but he became a coach on the court understanding how to control tempo and not just be a baller. Loved the development of guys like Cosby, Auda, Fu, etc. That didn’t equate to W’s but in my eyes that was still a great job of coaching. Everyone else in SHU world may disagree with me however I’m going to voice my opinion the same as any other. But sometimes you say I need to fix problem A before I get to problem B, no matter how big problem B is. I believe in our coach. I believe in our players. They don’t need to do anything the way anyone on here says they have to. We will be fine. People need to relax. #HALLin

Last edited:
As if a coach can’t have a philosophy where I want guys running out when the shot goes up and have a big under the hoop. That’s not a philosophy?

Running out vs.crashing the boards is a philosophy. You referred to boxing out. Boxing out is a skill which you posted our coach doesn't feel is a priority. I disagree with you.

So you're saying you are the Howard Stern of Piratecrew? Classy indeed!

Running out vs.crashing the boards is a philosophy. You referred to boxing out. Boxing out is a skill which you posted our coach doesn't feel is a priority. I disagree with you.
I said I don’t like our boxing out. I’ve never claimed to know what coach prioritizes and what he doesn’t. But you keep trolling. You clearly have an agenda. 10 other threads with Willard needs to do better, you pick me? The one guy who has supported Willard more than anyone. Sad little man who’s upset Willard has succeeded here. A guy with 0 basketball knowledge knew it before geniuses like you did.
So you're saying you are the Howard Stern of Piratecrew? Classy indeed!

I don’t understand how you got that out of what I said. I said my comment was his style, which many find humorous. I made one comment in that manner in almost 15 years. All I can assume is the uneducated side is showing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT