ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Aiken

I don’t think anyone knocked Aiken. Someone called him a poor Marcus Howard, which is not an insult. A few posters also speculated that they prefer Q and/or that a backcourt of Powell and Aiken wouldn’t have been so effective because they are both ball dominant players. These are all legitimate sport-specific comparisons and topics, more prevalent now because of what’s going on in the real world. A don’t see why a kid being recruited by plenty of other big schools would view such discussion as a reason not to attend a particular college.

Frankly the desperate “we love you” “fan boy” posts would be more oft-putting to me (or if I read one of the many threads on fan attendance).

I would take two more years of Q over any other recruit you have spoken about if it were possible to get
QUALITY,QUALITY,QUALITY,QUALITY

I WOULD TAKE 4 MORE OF HIM AS OUR GUARDS FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Bryce Aiken needs to attend Seton Hall where he is wanted and become part of the Pirate family. He can play in front of large crowds which includes family and friends at the Prudential Center.

We have great coaches and trainers and a solid group of players. Look at the progress Myles Powell made in his time at the HALL, 1st Team All American.

He can keep our streak of 5 straight NCAA Tournaments alive. While playing in the Big East Conference which is one of the best Conferences in the nation. The NJ/NY media market is the best in the country. He can become a hometown favorite.

Last edited:
Bryce Aiken needs to attend Seton Hall where he is wanted and become part of the Pirate family. He can play in front of large crowds which includes family and friends at the Prudential Center.

We have great coaches and trainers and a solid group of players. Look at the progress Myles Powell made in his time at the HALL, 1st Team All American.

He can keep our streak of 5 straight NCAA Tournaments alive. While playing in the Big East Conference which is one of the best Conferences in the nation. The NJ/NY media market is the best in the country. He can become a hometown favorite.
Hear Hear

Aiken started at Pope John, kid was a stud as a tiny freshman. It would be nice to have him next season, we could contend for league again.

He would be a huge get and next season's expectations would definitely be much higher with Aiken for sure.

Aiken a must get at this stage as I have not see anyone else out there there would give us the scoring punch we need at the 1 next year.

My biggest concerns are his health issue and can he play D at BE level.

The Columbia pg Smith is from Chicago and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at a school in the Midwest.

What is your sense on Aiken? Obviously someone we could REALLY use, when you consider the scoring we're losing at the 1 and 2.

I think he likes Seton Hall but is looking for something bigger. He knows everything there is to know about Seton Hall, if he really wanted Seton Hall, he would have committed by now. Michigan State scares me because they too need a PG.

I think he likes Seton Hall but is looking for something bigger. He knows everything there is to know about Seton Hall, if he really wanted Seton Hall, he would have committed by now. Michigan State scares me because they too need a PG.

Considering he openly said he was hoping that Mich St would contact him, I would think they are the front runner. But maybe Covid19 can help us and he stays home.

I like the logic and agree. Alas if the world of recruiting only worked that way the Pirates would be loaded, but now even top recruits we think we should have a good shot at all feel like Hail Marys.

Seems like Aiken wanted to do a tour of campuses, meet the coaches, get the 5-star treatment and then make a decision. That is not going to happen before he'll have to make a decision.

Seems like Aiken wanted to do a tour of campuses, meet the coaches, get the 5-star treatment and then make a decision. That is not going to happen before he'll have to make a decision.

THIS

There's no other explanation for the wait.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Definitely impacting kids, but we have seen a number of transfers commit already. Think it all depends on the kid. All of the programs linked to Aiken have a high profile so I’m sure he is well informed. If you are Michigan State, you have one of the best coaches in the game who has developed and coached, among others lead guards, Mateen Cleaves and Cassius Winston. I think your “sell” need not go any farther

THIS

There's no other explanation for the wait.

Definitely impacting kids, but we have seen a number of transfers commit already. Think it all depends on the kid. All of the programs linked to Aiken have a high profile so I’m sure he is well informed. If you are Michigan State, you have one of the best coaches in the game who has developed and coached, among others lead guards, Mateen Cleaves and Cassius Winston. I think your “sell” need not go any farther

I agree.

What does Aiken truly want? One final run at home or one final run at at the top-level programs?

It seems as if Michigan State would need player movement to open up a scholarship. Maybe he’s waiting for that to happen.

And what are we waiting for? If a player doesn’t want to come here, and is waiting for a better offer, do we have another willing/talented transfer/s lined up?

After all of our recent success, not sure why we are having so much trouble landing talented players.

It isn't like we have many open scholarships to fill. No need to panic.

And what are we waiting for? If a player doesn’t want to come here, and is waiting for a better offer, do we have another willing/talented transfer/s lined up?

After all of our recent success, not sure why we are having so much trouble landing talented players.

Aiken wanted to come here outta HS but went to Tommy understandably, so again Bryce you got your IVY degree, now get your BIG EAST play on....... Cmon brother we want you 4 years later still

Considering everything that other posters have said and having no source of info on recruiting
I would say we have about 25% chance of getting Aiken.
I think this is fair , let’s hope the virus helps us here like it did for RU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT