ADVERTISEMENT

COVID SHU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid will probably never go away. Even with vaccine and shots. Just look at the flu both of which l are Sars viruses at their core. We are 100 year removed from the Spanish Flu pandemic and the advances in medicine and science have allowed us to globally react much quicker with treatments and preventative measures. As the virus continues to mutate with new variants they may become more transmissible but come with weaker symptoms until there is a new vector or host that allows the virus to become stronger again. Kinda like remember when everyone was making a big deal about swine flu. This will happen and the Vaccines will become similar to what some said above about the flu vaccine. They will try to predict what variant or strain will be most common that year. Or maybe it just continues to evolve and gets weaker and kinda of fizzles out but right now it’s not.

Reactions: Merge
Last edited by a moderator:
If students attending class need vaccines, players taking the court or field with other players, students and fans in attendance at games need the vaccine. Why the special rule? Go somewhere else or leave the team, as Kyrie Irving did, out of principle if you don’t want the vaccine. This is unfair to other players and the greater community.
There is no specials rule. All students have a personal preference exemption. My kids used this and haven’t taken the jab. Only requirement is to be tested weekly. Just an FYI, my kids attend a large school and know kids who have had Covid and have come in contact with them. The people they know have mostly had mild symptoms. Some have had more severe symptoms and told them it was like a really bad Flu but ALL have recovered with no lasting effects. If my kids were sickly and there was a risk I’d have them vaccinated. They aren’t and thus I didn’t. Our choice.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Covid will probably never go away. Even with vaccine and shots. Just look at the flu both of which l are Sars viruses at their core. We are 100 year removed from the Spanish Flu pandemic and the advances in medicine and science have allowed us to globally react much quicker with treatments and preventative measures. As the virus continues to mutate with new variants they may become more transmissible but come with weaker symptoms until there is a new vector or host that allows the virus to become stronger again. Kinda like remember when everyone was making a big deal about swine flu. This will happen and the Vaccines will become similar to what some said above about the flu vaccine. They will try to predict what variant or strain will be most common that year. Or maybe it just continues to evolve and gets weaker and kinda of fizzles out but right now it’s not.

I agree with that. In my opinion, will all get it eventually and probably multiple times before it fizzles out.

But we did what we could to protect the vulnerable until a vaccine was readily available. It’s beyond time to move on at this point. No need for restrictions or quarantine protocols. Those who chose against getting vaccinated don’t want protection, and they will deal with the consequences if any.

what a thread.

clearly there are a lot of people who think our players are ignorant, selfish idiots. Why don’t you guys just call up the school and complain. Tell them you don’t want these ignorant, selfish idiots representing Seton Hall. Boycott the team. If you decide to go to the games hold up signs letting them know what you think.

the rest of us will enjoy the rest of the season, even if it means a stoppage or two. We will be proud of our young men on and off the court.

This is so dumb. Literally nothing makes ANY difference regarding the spread of this virus. Not masaks, not social distancing, not quarantining, not vaccines, nothing. Why are we still cancelling games and events? The only thing that seems to make any difference is the vaccine helps protect from serious illness.

Cancelling games and sitting across the room for a week or two will only delay the inevitable of positive cases later on when they all get back together. So DUMB.
You are right, this post is DUMB.

what a thread.

clearly there are a lot of people who think our players are ignorant, selfish idiots. Why don’t you guys just call up the school and complain. Tell them you don’t want these ignorant, selfish idiots representing Seton Hall. Boycott the team. If you decide to go to the games hold up signs letting them know what you think.

the rest of us will enjoy the rest of the season, even if it means a stoppage or two. We will be proud of our young men on and off the court.
Better yet, if Kevin knew some of his players were unvaccinated, would some of the soap box set still support him getting an extension and coaching here? I mean we’re talking life and death, right? #hypocrits

800k deceased
You keep throwing out this large number, however, ignoring the statistical data by age. Approximately 4,700 (0.006) of the 800,000 deaths were age 18 to 29.

It's unfortunate, perhaps intentional, that the CDC doesn't report the numbers by age and health - that would give us a clearer picture of the actual risk to healthy young athletes. We can't treat young and healthy people as if they were elderly and infirmed.

Better yet, if Kevin knew some of his players were unvaccinated, would some of the soap box set still support him getting an extension and coaching here? I mean we’re talking life and death, right? #hypocrits
Let's isolate kids who are less likely to suffer devastating effects from the virus, and ignore the mental health aspects of isolation. Tell me there is no correlation.

It's unfortunate, perhaps intentional, that the CDC doesn't report the numbers by age and health -

They don’t? Here’s all sorts of data, including deaths by age and comorbidities. And, unless I’m having trouble reading, it appears to be published by something called the CDC. Amazing what one can find when you Google.

I have my criticisms of how public health agencies, including the CDC, have handled certain aspects of this. This doesn’t seem to be a fair one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT