ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton Part II: The Sequel Game Thread

What was the pt spread for this game?? You can't give a game away like this even if you tried.

you blow a lead like that and you dont consider that loser mentality? I went to Bergen Catholic High School we didnt f--k up leads that big

Congrats you beat up public schools that couldn't recruit. It shows you went to BC.

My logic is I’m going to wait to hear how Willard responds to the question. That’s all any of us can do.
I’ve heard enough Cohen post game from Willard interviews to tell you what he says. “Man, Aiken is tired, still getting his legs underneath him, I’m slowly working him back in with his ankle, I think he wont be playing well till March bc he is injured.”

Would that justify his decision for you?

I gotta call my sponsor after that. There's just no words. So many wasted possessions came back to haunt us like a malevolent ghost.

Why couldn't we get Tonya Harding's cronies to take out zegawhatever before the game? He owns us.

I can't believe what I just watched, it was surreal in the 2nd half. We stopped going to Cale and Rhoden and Aiken was placed on the bench. Mamu never stepped up at any time.
Rhoden part of problem, he seeks to find his shot far too much, clock, score, siutation of game...shu is awful as sustaining consistency with leads. He and Sandro made for some fast empty possessions...yes i get and watched Creighton go zone...gotta flash sandro above foul line turn and face but others gotta move, need a baseline cutter/popper, a wing replace filler and ultimately execute and score enough vs 17 foot pull ups with a double digit lead...also not that shu defended all that well on 3 yeah some blocks but you knew Creighton would continue to pursue that option and you saw switches, late close outs, over helps

Really? Explain Aiken not playing in crunch time. Can't say it's second guessing. Posted this with 3 min to go
The pkayers lost it. And cu pjayers won it. couldn't you see it? We knew we were gonna lose. Our star couldn't make a play on either end. Their stars were stars.

I am not saying willard was perfect. Just that we choked as badly as possible. Kw called the pkay for sandro. He missed a bunny. He called the Molson bucket. We just stopped playing. And they finished great. Brutal loss. Five guys had a basketball and none could put it in the bucket. But the look we collectively had is my takeaway and makes me wonder if a good finish is out there.

I have been touting Aiken forever. He finally showed what he can do. But he was not great in the second half. Hope he is ok. But I get why he wanted shav in there. But again, shav takes the critical shot and it doesn't go to sandro. I am not sure sandro aggressively positions himself to make sure he gets the vall. Just brutal

Last edited:
Reactions: lloyde dobler
The pkayers lost it. And cu pjayers won it. couldn't you see it? We knew we were gonna lose. Our star couldn't make a play on either end. Their stars were stars.

I am not saying willard was perfect. Just that we choked as badly as possible. Jw called the pkay for sandro. He missed a bunny. He called the Molson bucket. We just stopped playing. And they finished great. Brutal loss. Five guys had a basketball and none could put it in the bucket. But the look we collectively had makes me wonder if a good finish is out there.
You
Love the guy, but Reynolds is an incredibly selfish player when he has the ball on the perimeter

So you agree Reynolds wasn’t playing well? Does this reason to not put Aiken back give you comfort that he made the right decision to take him out while playing lights out?

Reactions: silkcitypirate

I am not saying willard was perfect. Just that we choked as badly as possible. Kw called the pkay for sandro. He missed a bunny. He called the Molson bucket. We just stopped playing. And they finished great. Brutal loss. Five guys had a basketball and none could put it in the bucket. But the look we collectively had is my takeaway and makes me wonder if a good finish is out there.

I have been touting Aiken forever. He finally showed what he can do. But he was not great in the second half. Hope he is ok. But I get why he wanted shav in there. But again, shav takes the critical shot and it doesn't go to sandro. I am not sure sandro aggressively positions himself to make sure he gets the vall. Just brutal

No sorry... Willard lost this one alone. His lack of killer mentality/MR nice guy kills us... and now became an embarrassment

Reactions: ShoreGold
How can this be a logical conclusion? He has 1 ncaa win. If the bar is just getting to the ncaa, count me out on that.

We have seen this episode from him more times than not.
Ummmm that’s my point. That’s my entire point.

He wouldn’t survive anywhere else.

You missed it.

Here: S-A-R-C-A-S-M

But not hurt enough to play the last offensive possession?

That’s a BS excuse. And Willard cost us not only a critical win... but I would not be surprised to see him lose the team from here out. He blewthis game. Will he admit it to them? Will he change his “ lets be Nice and not blow anyone out” mental

The coach should be telling the PG he wants out there to go through Mamu. Against Villanova we settle for a 3 then get a loose ball foul and lose the game when the worst should have been OT. The critical shot you talked about and the final shot Reynolds got in the way of Aiken. Not exactly good spacing there. There is a lot on the coach and it is his job to correct that body language or look as you call it.

There is ALOT on coach. Definitely. But the players choked, played badly on both ends. Step up guys. Any one.

I didn't think sandro demanded the ball or worked hard enough to get free . Have to watch replay to see if that is right. And shav did nake a few good passes late. I have always preferred Aiken . But shav is way better than I expected. I can see thinking the offense looked better last ten minutes with shav playing. We get to sandro middle of the zone. He misses. We do it again. He turns it over. I am not one to kill the pkayers. But I put tonight on them not on the coach.

That’s a BS excuse. And Willard cost us not only a critical win... but I would not be surprised to see him lose the team from here out. He blewthis game. Will he admit it to them? Will he change his “ lets be Nice and not blow anyone out” mental
We didn't blow this lead cause he was being nice. That is a crazy thing to think. We list cause for the last ten minutes we played like shit.

Stayed off the board because it would be predictable. Man, we have some shitty ass fans. Losers? Willard’s honeymoon is over? We’re not an NCAA team?

Guys, we lost to a top 20 team by 3. We imploded. We’re good, not great. Many of you are not great, not good, you just suck and shouldn’t watch/post.

Stayed off the board because it would be predictable. Man, we have some shitty ass fans. Losers? Willard’s honeymoon is over? We’re not an NCAA team?

Guys, we lost to a top 20 team by 3. We imploded. We’re good, not great. Many of you are not great, not good, you just suck and shouldn’t watch/post.

Does Elliot need to phone home? Maybe some Reese's Pieces?

Does Elliot need to phone home? Maybe some Reese's Pieces?
Could be one of the dumbest comebacks I’ve ever seen.

Do our players deserve to be called losers?

Willard’s honeymoon is over?

We are not an NCAA team?

Countless other outright stupid observations in this thread because some posters have the emotional fortitude of my 5-year-old twins. My other favorite is that when we hit a sloppy, poor stretch, it’s because we “took our foot off the gas” as if there’s not a top 20 team on the court bombing and banking 3s. I don’t see why some posters even enjoy watching.

But I will call it out as asinine and as always, I don’t post opinions that I wouldn’t say in person. Can others say they don’t post things they wouldn’t say to the players or coaches faces? Keyboard warriors. Call our players losers next time you’re gushing over them at a team event. Tell them the shit you people post here because you’re “emotional”.

Could be one of the dumbest comebacks I’ve ever seen.

Do our players deserve to be called losers?

Willard’s honeymoon is over?

We are not an NCAA team?

Countless other outright stupid observations in this thread because some posters have the emotional fortitude of my 5-year-old twins. My other favorite is that when we hit a sloppy, poor stretch, it’s because we “took our foot off the gas” as if there’s not a top 20 team on the court bombing and banking 3s. I don’t see why some posters even enjoy watching.

But I will call it out as asinine and as always, I don’t post opinions that I wouldn’t say in person. Can others say they don’t post things they wouldn’t say to the players or coaches faces? Keyboard warriors. Call our players losers next time you’re gushing over them at a team event. Tell them the shit you people post here because you’re “emotional”.
[/QUO

Wow. For a short, two sentence post, that got quite a reaction out of you.

One problem though.

I said none of the things originally quoted or complained about. So tell me, how exactly is what I said supposed to be a comeback?

No, what I was attempting to was, rather than directly attack you I was trying to make light of the situation by making an obvious lighthearted reference. You know, humor. I thought you had a sense for it. My mistake. Apologies.

Might I make an obvious suggestion that perhaps you don't read the live game threads if emotional reactions bother you? In fact, don't go to any live sporting events or bars. Just stay at home and watch the games alone if people getting overly emotional during sports is intolerable to you.

One problem though.

I said none of the things originally quoted or complained about. So tell me, how exactly is what I said supposed to be a comeback?

No, what I was attempting to was, rather than directly attack you and your sanctimonious, morally superior attitude, I was trying to make light of the situation by making an obvious lighthearted reference. You know, humor. I thought you had a sense for it. My mistake. Apologies.

One problem though.

No, what I was attempting to was, rather than directly attack you I was trying to make light of the situation by making an obvious lighthearted reference. You know, humor. I thought you had a sense for it. My mistake. Apologies.

Might I make an obvious suggestion that perhaps you don't read the live game threads if emotional reactions bother you? In fact, don't go to any live sporting events or bars. Just stay at home and watch the games alone if people getting overly emotional during sports is intolerable to you.
Did I say you did? No, I did not. You just said something pretty dumb as a reply to me so I reiterated the purpose of my post. I do go to the games. I do get emotional. I do sit very close to the court. I do not call the players losers when they lose a game, especially a heartbreaking one. I don't tell them they suck when they make a bad play. And if I wanted to tell Kevin he sucked and the honeymoon is over, I'd have the balls to say it so he could hear it and attribute it to me.

And I made my way up to Kaz during a game. A crappy game we blew to Xavier last year where I left not too happy. I venture to guess Kaz would never call them losers to their faces. Internet warriors though, pound out shit on here because there's no repercussions if players or friends and family read it. Nice to be called a loser because you lost a basketball game.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Did I say you did? No, I did not. You just said something pretty dumb as a reply to me so I reiterated the purpose of my post. I do go to the games. I do get emotional. I do sit very close to the court. I do not call the players losers when they lose a game, especially a heartbreaking one. I don't tell them they suck when they make a bad play. And if I wanted to tell Kevin he sucked and the honeymoon is over, I'd have the balls to say it so he could hear it and attribute it to me.

And I made my way up to Kaz during a game. A crappy game we blew to Xavier last year where I left not too happy. I venture to guess Kaz would never call them losers to their faces. Internet warriors though, pound out shit on here because there's no repercussions if players or friends and family read it. Nice to be called a loser because you lost a basketball game.

Then why did you say it was a comeback? Comeback being the keyword.

That's not important though.

Look, if you're old enough to have five year old twins, then you should be old enough to understand that, sometimes, people completely lose their sh!t during sporting events - be it live in person or otherwise. They do and say things that they otherwise wouldn't. That's not even Basic Psychology 101. You're thick as a brick if you don't understand this.

Add alcohol, or any other substance to the mix and the effect is amplified. People can and will say(or do)crazy, inappropriate and indefensible things when it comes to sports. We don't condone it, but it is a certainty. It's a fact of life. Death, taxes, people losing it during sporting events.

It's not an excuse to go cross the line, but on that same note, is our community here on PirateCrew any more out of line than other Rivals sites? I'm betting not - even from more established programs.

I suppose you mean me as well, I have too much of a competitive nature I guess and take things HARD... Anyways, you know me personally , I mean well.

PS- Knies and Shu46, I only get mad when you call me out, I dont call anyone out, so sorry for my language as I was upset and wrong... Bottom line, I only get so mad because I want my team OUR team to win so badly.. Just who I am

Reactions: sami
ps- Sami I dont think they are "losers" at all, but when they get so laid back and allow such an easy win to occur I speak before I think, I have your back always ........ I guess you can say I care too much, I work, am a good man to my lady, and I work out and basically my "me time" is The Hall and the GMEN...... So when they go wrong, I go wrong... Dan and Snaketom sorry for my language.

Reactions: sami
Rhoden part of problem, he seeks to find his shot far too much, clock, score, siutation of game...shu is awful as sustaining consistency with leads. He and Sandro made for some fast empty possessions...yes i get and watched Creighton go zone...gotta flash sandro above foul line turn and face but others gotta move, need a baseline cutter/popper, a wing replace filler and ultimately execute and score enough vs 17 foot pull ups with a double digit lead...also not that shu defended all that well on 3 yeah some blocks but you knew Creighton would continue to pursue that option and you saw switches, late close outs, over helps
Watch Nova and Creighton to see smooth offense.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Yeah sami!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT