ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton Part II: The Sequel Game Thread

Willard should be ashamed to show his face after this game. Absolutely horrific execution down the stretch. No idea how to break a zone. I normally don’t rag on Willard but he should be embarrassed after that. No excuses or BS anymore, this is a flat out failure tonight and he better own up to that on the postgame

Creighton was lights out in the first half still took lead into half. McDermott completely out is he’s Willard in The second half. Embarrassing loss and a potential morale killer for the rest of the year

Reactions: flconticello
Did Willard not see aiken was playing great oh that’right if you get hot he takes you out.Biggest choke this season we are on the bubble at this point.losing interest in this team can’t beat top teams even with big lead.

Collapses and missed opportunities. I feel like I am watching the football Giants all over again!

No way we deserve NCAA.......that was brutal. Why did we not call a time out there? Where was Aiken in the last 6 minutes? We got so lackadaisical I would’ve been screaming at them when they started losing the lead. This one is again on Willard. I really had it with this guy. McDermott makes him look like a fool.

Willard did not lose the game. The five pkayers did. Specifically one of them imo. The one crazy willard call got us our only late hoop.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
I can’t believe Willard called a timeout when we were perimeter passing to....wait for it...perimeter pass more. That was the game plan to end the game.

In the middle of the 2nd half, we were stopping them every possession by playing really good defense. We missed easy shots down the other end and we stopped going to Cale and Rhoden. Then Aiken who had 21 pts did not play the whole 2nd part of the 2nd half. Mamu had 5pts in the early part of the 2nd half and did not score any more pts. We scored 27pts in the 2nd half- we 100% gave this game away. We lost it rather than Creighton winning it. The way the start of the 2nd half started we should of been building on the 16pt lead.

Right, but that was out of necessity on that one possession. I don’t know if was hurt or not, but all I’m saying is that I’m willing to listen for answer to see what he says.
I don’t understand your logic, are you saying hold off on judgement on Willard bc he may have been injured, then he got better 10 seconds before end of game and was able to play last play?

The good news for Willard is he gets to coach without any pressure and very low expectations so he can thrive now. He would be wise to stay in South Orange for the rest of his career.

How do Mamu and Rhoden miss the last two?

All started with Cale’s missed FT.
I was in game testing my good shu buddy, when shu was at 70 points i said shu wins this game with 85 points scored. Creighton shot just well enough from 3 when it mattered. Shu offense was non existent for much of 2nd half and you mention cale ft miss, it was a front end of 1 and 1 getting in bonus for first time a small thing but added up to the before and after the sum equals the outcome

The good news for Willard is he gets to coach without any pressure and very low expectations so he can thrive now. He would be wise to stay in South Orange for the rest of his career.
How can this be a logical conclusion? He has 1 ncaa win. If the bar is just getting to the ncaa, count me out on that.

We have seen this episode from him more times than not.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I don’t understand your logic, are you saying hold off on judgement on Willard bc he may have been injured, then he got better 10 seconds before end of game and was able to play last play?

My logic is I’m going to wait to hear how Willard responds to the question. That’s all any of us can do.

Willard did not lose the game. The five pkayers did. Specifically one of them imo. The one crazy willard call got us our only late hoop.
Oh the 5 players on the court certainly lost us the game but if there was a different 5 players in the game, namely the hottest player on the court in the mid 2nd half, which the coach decides. Yes Willard deserves blame. 16 pt lead in 2nd half with Aiken on fire...come on man, you don’t have to be a basketball genius to figure out that we prob win with Aiken in there, esp with Reynolds playing horrible on O and D.

How can this be a logical conclusion? He has 1 ncaa win. If the bar is just getting to the ncaa, count me out on that.

We have seen this episode from him more times than not.
Agreed. Why no timeout on the last possession? Did he not learn from the previous game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT