ADVERTISEMENT

Done.

Listen my guy same one who told me
About Havey "the original done post" and some other stuff told me. He's been reliable.

If you guys don't want me to post I won't it's that easy. Sorry, I got excited for our program and fans when I posted the news. Sorry for being a fan.

Multiple people said they heard the same thing so believe what you want.

Guess I'm done for a while.

let's try this, it's 2016......,when the kid commits, he will tweet it within 1 min. to try to beat that 1 min. window is silly.

Reactions: shupat08
Hallisthebest isn't a reporter. He's a poster on this board and passes along things he hears. Isn't that the point?

This rollercoaster is a natural part of recruiting. Never know with these kids and whatever's at play.

Thompson would be making an excellent decision coming to Seton Hall.

This "Done" was easy to believe because of a number of posts that preceded it over the past few days saying that we had become the leader for his commit as Cuse was no longer in the picture and UConn was fading. Given that history I can see why the " Let the celebration begin " euphoria took over without waiting for confirmation from reliable media reports or from Dan.

Hopefully that confirmation will come and we can resume the celebration.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Run you fools

tumblr_ly5opymBsO1qa9jn1o2_250.gif

fixed that for you.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
To which institution?
To SHU but, his advisor steered him to B.U.

What I find ironic is people here have killed Hallisbest but, have given 2 or 3 others a pass for posting the exact same news about Thompson committing yesterday.

What I find ironic is people here have killed Hallisbest but, have given 2 or 3 others a pass for posting the exact same news about Thompson committing yesterday.
It's no big deal...but probably because he's done this in the past.

I wouldn't take to task any poster who posts information about recruiting or the commitment of any player to SH if he believe's his information is accurate and wants to share it on this Board. Each of us can make his or her own decision on how to react to that information and how credible it is. However when posters come to this Board with the purpose of deliberately deceiving its readers then any criticism they receive is deserved but I don't believe that was the case with the original "Done" or any subsequent " Done " posts on TT.

Is there a reason why you don't understand. He has a history of doing this. Telling us die hard fans "DONE" is an absolute. If he would have said " It's looking really good" no one could be upset with him. CONFIRM before posting. simple.

I was told that it was done as well from my source. I don't know if something happened after that but I was reporting what I was told. Sorry if it upset anyone but not trying to deceive or give false info.

So we have at least 3 people who heard from their "source"... Either this is the same person, who really isn't aware of what is going on with recruiting at SHU... Or there are multiple people who are unaware of what is going on at SHU - or at the very least there is a disconnect between what these sources "feel"/"hear" as opposed to what the recruits "think"/"say".

Either way, it's not good that our posters "sources" keep getting these verbals wrong.

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pirate6711
It's not necessarily people "getting it wrong" sometimes there is just a last minute change of heart. For example, Kyle Anderson literally told people he was going to SHU. The decision was made, but he changed his mind at the last minute.

Reactions: garyshu71
It's not necessarily people "getting it wrong" sometimes there is just a last minute change of heart. For example, Kyle Anderson literally told people he was going to SHU. The decision was made, but he changed his mind at the last minute.
I think the definition of "DONE" should be when the player tells the HC directly...we're talking about kids...they will tell a lot of people a lot of things.

I think the definition of "DONE" should be when the player tells the HC directly...we're talking about kids...they will tell a lot of people a lot of things.

I could have misunderstood, but from what I was told he did - regarding KA.

Maybe it is actually "Done" and the player wants to have a press release or he wants to make the announcement so the confirmation we are looking for has not come out.

Reactions: Hallisthebest
Just my observation, Taurean Thompson seems to be very close to his Mom ( most good son's are). I think Seton Hall would be an excellent choice for many reasons, one of the reasons- Taurean Thompson played really good at the Jordan Brand Classic, he mentioned that he had many family and friends at the game, needed to show out in front of them. Taurean Thompson is proud of his family and they are proud of him. All his family, especially his Mom and friends can attend all his Seton Hall games.He can join the Seton Hall University family.

Last edited:
Maybe it is actually "Done" and the player wants to have a press release or he wants to make the announcement so the confirmation we are looking for has not come out.

If so, why steal the kid's glory? If someone here was told "it's done but the kid wants the excitement of announcing it" it's poor form to post it on a public forum like this.

Reactions: HallB and shupat08
We all want information so appreciate anyone sharing what they hear. But....when you say DONE, it has to seriously be wrapped up. If it's not, elaborate, tell us exactly what you heard and from whom so everyone can interpret how they wish or whether to trust it.

These "Done" posts are getting to be like the "First comment" posts you see at the bottom of youtube videos.....

Reactions: Pirate6711
This is why many coaches want to go to the NBA. This recruiting nonsense in the backdrop of the NCAA is tedious.

Is there a reason why you don't understand. He has a history of doing this. Telling us die hard fans "DONE" is an absolute. If he would have said " It's looking really good" no one could be upset with him. CONFIRM before posting. simple.

Exactly correct

Sources say the stars may come out tonight. DONE. Will confirm and get back to you on this.

Last edited:
This is why many coaches want to go to the NBA. This recruiting nonsense in the backdrop of the NCAA is tedious.

Number one response given by college coaches that "go pro" on why they go: It (NBA) is mostly about basketball. The other stuff that comes with being a college coach can wear you out.

Amen Vegas PJ. That's why there are only 3 sources I trust outside a coach who tells me stuff directly.

Halldan, because he has some of the best SHU sources there is hands down.

SPK who I've known a very long time, has great sources, and honors his reputation more then what people think of his posts.

My Ex-player friend from college who knows everyone in the local basketball scene.

Anyone else, I would never trust a done post.

The poster who started this post has good sources too. Just hard to believe about a verbal from someone that isn't one of the 3 people I mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT