ADVERTISEMENT

Done.

And while we're at it with the Trove, your small contribution for a Trove membership supports one of the very finest information sources out there, especially where we get an inside view that also is not "bought and paid" by some external interest. That means a lot. Dan and Tom and team work incredibly hard and ON OUR BEHALF AS FANS. The day they retire, there's going to be a very noticeable difference, so much so, that we might as well just read the Star Ledger (har). Really - any one reading this needs to seriously consider a subscription to The Trove.

Reactions: shupat08 and ShuVol
As an almost 88 yrs. old alumnus, let me say that this site, and the Treasure Trove in particular, bring me much joy with such a plethora of information. Dan, Tom, Sal and many others are a class act that I've had the privilege to meet. They certainly do an extraordinary job. Therefore, DO support the site any way you can!!!

Joe Seton '49

PS Do join me in saying a prayer to Mother Seton, so that if the TT commitment is really a DONE, may this young man value, cherish and make good use of this excellent academic opportunity, while proudfully wearing the colors of our dear Alma Mater. Go Pirates!

Heard Thompson had some potential academic roadblocks that could effect him playing in 1st semester. Is that still true?
This was never true and it just shows you how rumors can quickly become reality with social media nowadays. Someone (just a regular guy with nothing to back it up) speculated on twitter a couple of weeks back that it must be an academic issue for him not to have committed by now. Since then I have seen dozens and dozens of tweets and message board posts mentioning academic issues with absolutely nothing to back it up. The kid is a solid student from an excellent Prep school, there are no eligibility concerns. Dan has confirmed this also.

This was never true and it just shows you how rumors can quickly become reality with social media nowadays. Someone (just a regular guy with nothing to back it up) speculated on twitter a couple of weeks back that it must be an academic issue for him not to have committed by now. Since then I have seen dozens and dozens of tweets and message board posts mentioning academic issues with absolutely nothing to back it up. The kid is a solid student from an excellent Prep school, there are no eligibility concerns. Dan has confirmed this also.
I guess you can forget what I said about joining the trove, lol

Less than a cup of coffee

And if you order now, you'll get the Pirate Crew.com shoe phone for FREE.

186ddf14ef70d0a4c204d304c9c80163.jpg

:) I will not say done this time I promise.

As Dan has indicated, my source was correct at the time that he had indeed committed but something came up a short while later and was "taken back". People argued saying that we were lying/making it up. This time I will stay quiet until it's officially on Twitter.....lol
Regardless of you making it up, this is why its a bit useless to be a part of the pay site. When it happens, it happens and thats when i'll care about knowing. Following recruiting these days is a waste of time.

Regardless of you making it up, this is why its a bit useless to be a part of the pay site. When it happens, it happens and thats when i'll care about knowing. Following recruiting these days is a waste of time.

Aside from the fact the pay site subsidizes the free board

Reactions: shupat08
I mean there are plenty of free forums that do the exact same thing if this one goes down. I would join if rivals does that deal again but I am permanently holding a grudge for getting rid of it lol

It's not the first big man we thought was ours that went elsewhere nor will it be the last and every school loses a player they thought was theirs. I must admit that I thought the " curse " that has prevented us from landing a legitimate 5 would finally be lifted with TT but the " curse " still seems to be in place.

Bump...voting for HallIsTheBest for reliable poster of the year. Two dones in a row for same recruit and wrong both times.

Hopefully you learned some sort of lesson buddy.

He is not the only person on this board who got it wrong on Thompson.

He is right more often than most by the way, we just seem to forget other "insiders" mistakes.

He is not the only person on this board who got it wrong on Thompson.

He is right more often than most by the way, we just seem to forget other "insiders" mistakes.
When was he right? Mborgata? Not

Hallisthebest at least tries to add something valuable and unique, via independent sources. I appreciate his attempts, even knowing that some predictions may be premature.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT