ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Anselem

jdavispirates

All Big East
Mar 23, 2020
Seton Hall’s staff to conduct another virtual zoom meeting with him today.

Are things slowing down with Sanogo? Evan Daniels mentioned Nebraska & UConn, which is not good for the Hall as last week it was supposedly Seton Hall & Maryland.

Reactions: mbraue
Absolutely take him if ready to commit. Sanogo knows we are talking to Anselem so
If we were his lock choice he would commit.After all it is a verbal not written.I think he is
50/50 at best maybe less.

I agree with Tyler. They are both ranked about the same (I prefer Sanogo but he had a chance to commit)....take whoever is willing to commit first....If another ship is available at the time the other is willing to commit, without causing a logjam at that position, then he can have the other ship.

This is why I love this aggressive recruiting approach by KW. We are an elite team and not waiting on anyone anymore (unless they are a top 25 player). Lol

Absolutely take him if ready to commit. Sanogo knows we are talking to Anselem so
If we were his lock choice he would commit.After all it is a verbal not written.I think he is
50/50 at best maybe less.
Both are very good players-I’m glad we’re in the hunt for these guys. Seems like this board thinks Sanogo is a better fit which generally makes sense if Sanogo is more of a banger. I’d be happy with either. Thanks for the updates, everyone.

smells like sanogo has all the time in the world to sniff around for better offers. if thats the case, no brainer to pull the trigger with the other guy. longer it goes on the worse it always seems to be.

Reactions: mbraue and Abbo71
Many think we lead for Adama. Does anyone think that of Anselem?

Seton Hall’s staff to conduct another virtual zoom meeting with him today.

Are things slowing down with Sanogo? Evan Daniels mentioned Nebraska & UConn, which is not good for the Hall as last week it was supposedly Seton Hall & Maryland.
I thought that Sanogo was a LOCK for us.

No one knows that to be true. At least not the regular posters here. It’s more the doom and gloom Seton Hall fans who think the worst out of habit who are creating that viewpoint more than anything else.
i dont think its doom and gloom as much as it is experience. at least it is from me. hope we get sanogo but these things tend to turn the longer they go on. if anselem knows SHU is the place then lets get him!

Did not realize Frank Anselem is a Nigerian native who moved to the US about 4 years ago. Although Grant typically is the lead recruiter with our bigs I assume Skinn will play a key role here as well. The one stat that jumped out to me was that while Frank is listed a 6-9” he has a wing span of 7-5”. Almost at the point now of take who ever is ready to commit. Per the video from the bottom of this first Article he has some big time hops and athleticism. He played at Prolific Prep with Jalen Green in Ca this past year and he is still learning the game and in a few years he could really take off.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article242240871.html

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...rank-anselem-might-not-quick-help/3029864001/

Last edited:
In our interview (soon to be posted on the Trove) Rivals' Eric Bossi made some fascinating comments on the two big men.

Must reading for any SHU fan.

Can’t see a player like Anselem going to Kentucky. He needs to go somewhere where he can develop. Kentucky doesn’t develop, they reload with studs. Next year Kentucky will bring in 1-2 5 star PF/c... Calipari doesn’t have time to wait for developing.

Can’t see a player like Anselem going to Kentucky. He needs to go somewhere where he can develop. Kentucky doesn’t develop, they reload with studs. Next year Kentucky will bring in 1-2 5 star PF/c... Calipari doesn’t have time to wait for developing.
Uk thin up front

Could this kid be a Rick Stansbury special? May not thrive year 1 but by his Junior year he'd most likely be dominant in that conference along with Harmon...

Uk thin up front
By everything you read Anselem is not ready to contribute a ton of minutes. They are thin this year, they still have 2 5 star players in the front court coming in and then have a transfer available next year and they will just reload next year on front court players. I just don’t think Anselem is the player to answer their front court questions.

Could this kid be a Rick Stansbury special? May not thrive year 1 but by his Junior year he'd most likely be dominant in that conference along with Harmon...
Rick Stansbury is a paper tiger, imo... Dominance is not even a guarantee given how he is at the helm of a program. Great recruiter obviously but the results haven't been there. Kermit Davis at MT outcoached him regularly before leaving for Ole Miss.

GO GET THIS KID.

this is our chance to put the pieces together EARLY for once to ensure that we have quality and depth years down the line at most positions

Also, if you have the transfer rule go into effect he can play at UK and if (when) he gets recruited over, he moves on to another school and plays immediately.

Isn’t that common sense?
I don't know, I consider myself to be a regular reader but don't recall ever seeing the word lock. Everyone with a source seemed to say leader, things look good, but nothing that made me ever think it was a done deal.

I don't know, I consider myself to be a regular reader but don't recall ever seeing the word lock. Everyone with a source seemed to say leader, things look good, but nothing that made me ever think it was a done deal.
Me either. I think people chose to ignore the way this thing was tracking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT