ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Anselem

Yup amongst other things.....lol

giphy.gif

No disrespect intended as I love him but that's like the anti-Angel Delgado, lol.:p

Did not realize Frank Anselem is a Nigerian native who moved to the US about 4 years ago. Although Grant typically is the lead recruiter with our bigs I assume Skinn will play a key role here as well. The one stat that jumped out to me was that while Frank is listed a 6-9” he has a wing span of 7-5”. Almost at the point now of take who ever is ready to commit. Per the video from the bottom of this first Article he has some big time hops and athleticism. He played at Prolific Prep with Jalen Green in Ca this past year and he is still learning the game and in a few years he could really take off.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article242240871.html

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...rank-anselem-might-not-quick-help/3029864001/
Can’t see a player like Anselem going to Kentucky. He needs to go somewhere where he can develop. Kentucky doesn’t develop, they reload with studs. Next year Kentucky will bring in 1-2 5 star PF/c... Calipari doesn’t have time to wait for developing.
yep, will be recruited over

In substance. Sorry you don't like the word "Lock," but I hope you know what was meant.
No, I think I get what was meant. I posted before... no problem with people saying we’re the leader. In no way is that a done, just means things look good. We are in the lead. People in the know think he’s a strong lean. He said to a high school coach that he’s going to go to SHU.

Not one of those things is a lock or a commitment. So yes, I appreciate information we may get but take each piece with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Hallsome
From what I can ascertain they don’t love him in the Kentucky fanbase. They look at him more as a 125-150 type talent. They view him as a project that will be there for the 4 years..I agree that he probably wouldn’t contribute that much his first year at The Hall either.

So he doesn’t seem to be in the Sonogo League. He has good quickness and could become a good defensive player under Willard. You only see him dunking on the offensive side in the videos online. At this point Ike looks like Ike is as good an option.

No, I think I get what was meant. I posted before... no problem with people saying we’re the leader. In no way is that a done, just means things look good. We are in the lead. People in the know think he’s a strong lean. He said to a high school coach that he’s going to go to SHU.

Not one of those things is a lock or a commitment. So yes, I appreciate information we may get but take each piece with a grain of salt.
I always take any recruiting news with a big chunk of salt. I got the strong impression from what was posted that it was a lot stronger than a lean. The poster, and I don't remember who it was, was very strongly stating that Sanogo was in the bag, and not to worry. I wish that his information was correct. I had my hopes sky high. I'd love to know what happened.

Reactions: JGCPA
I always take any recruiting news with a big chunk of salt. I got the strong impression from what was posted that it was a lot stronger than a lean. The poster, and I don't remember who it was, was very strongly stating that Sanogo was in the bag, and not to worry. I wish that his information was correct. I had my hopes sky high. I'd love to know what happened. The Hurley clan.

Olivier Sarr commited to Kentucky, do you think that has any impact on the Anselum decision?

Of course. Every transfer should be imm eligible. Look hard enough and you'll always find a reason.

Free agency, which is where we are headed, is clearly good for the sport. :rolleyes:

I think the one allowable transfer without a sit-out is the happy medium. The NCAA doesn't even treat transfer sit-outs the same way across all sports.

Reactions: TheGucc
So anselem has offers from some major major schools, and a lot of them in the SEC relatively closer to where he calls home ( i think its GA)

Right now i see a ton of crystal balls for LSU with the last one being a few weeks ago.

are we actually thinking we will land this kid? seems like even the blue bloods see his potential now.

So anselem has offers from some major major schools, and a lot of them in the SEC relatively closer to where he calls home ( i think its GA)

Right now i see a ton of crystal balls for LSU with the last one being a few weeks ago.

are we actually thinking we will land this kid? seems like even the blue bloods see his potential now.
I dont think we get him. But the LSU stuff is over. They stopped waiting for him and took the verbal from gray. Hard to think he turns down ky to me.

I dont think we get him. But the LSU stuff is over. They stopped waiting for him and took the verbal from gray. Hard to think he turns down ky to me.
ah ok so that must have been in the last week. well kentucky landing that standout transfer is a big deal. that kid is good, but if he doesnt get a waiver to play immediately it does us no good.

Not totally true. The coach is a big part but the school facilities and atmosphere will break the tie.
Enough with the practice facility. If coach Cal decided he wanted to be in NE and agreed to coach for SHU he'd have 5 5stars here his first year. It's about selling the program and the system and no one does it better than Cal. For that to happen in reality SHU would need to break the bank and pay him 10+ million/ year guaranteed.

Reactions: deheremike
Can’t see a player like Anselem going to Kentucky. He needs to go somewhere where he can develop. Kentucky doesn’t develop, they reload with studs. Next year Kentucky will bring in 1-2 5 star PF/c... Calipari doesn’t have time to wait for developing.
Facts.

Reactions: deheremike
Enough with the practice facility. If coach Cal decided he wanted to be in NE and agreed to coach for SHU he'd have 5 5stars here his first year. It's about selling the program and the system and no one does it better than Cal. For that to happen in reality SHU would need to break the bank and pay him 10+ million/ year guaranteed.
If Cal were at SHU the facilities would be top notch.

Reactions: TOMSHU

LSU passed on him because he didn’t commit fast enough. That’s when he reopened his recruiting.

I think you’re way off if you’re suggesting practice facility is not a big deal.

I guess you’re predicting Rick will get get 5 5 stars (maybe 2, accounting for Iona being lower level than the hall at least conference wise)

We’d never pay Cal or anyone 10M. So your example i think is too unrealistic to warrant consideration We’d pay someone about 3M. A 3M guy needs resources.

D1 athletes want to play for K or Cal. If they’re not good enough then they’re then basically going on coach, facilities and fit.

while I love Willard, at the end of the day, right now he’s not a lot different than Wojo, Cooley, the guy at butler, .... ALL of those schools have legit practice facilities.

I have strong academic and non hoops athletic ties to SH and yet it’s painful for me to see a dollar spent on anything other than getting better hoops facilities esp right now while the iron is or at least was definitely hot; all ships rise with the tide and hoops is the ocean at SH.

we’re not a football or state school, we get basically nothing from the arch diocese of Nwk, we’re respectable academically but enrollment alone hurts our chances of having a lot of wealthy donors.

Strike while the iron is hot so I can stop reading the tired question “why can’t we close on top talent after all of this recent success?”

I think you’re way off if you’re suggesting practice facility is not a big deal.

I guess you’re predicting Rick will get get 5 5 stars (maybe 2, accounting for Iona being lower level than the hall at least conference wise)

We’d never pay Cal or anyone 10M. So your example i think is too unrealistic to warrant consideration We’d pay someone about 3M. A 3M guy needs resources.

D1 athletes want to play for K or Cal. If they’re not good enough then they’re then basically going on coach, facilities and fit.

while I love Willard, at the end of the day, right now he’s not a lot different than Wojo, Cooley, the guy at butler, .... ALL of those schools have legit practice facilities.

I have strong academic and non hoops athletic ties to SH and yet it’s painful for me to see a dollar spent on anything other than getting better hoops facilities esp right now while the iron is or at least was definitely hot; all ships rise with the tide and hoops is the ocean at SH.

we’re not a football or state school, we get basically nothing from the arch diocese of Nwk, we’re respectable academically but enrollment alone hurts our chances of having a lot of wealthy donors.

Strike while the iron is hot so I can stop reading the tired question “why can’t we close on top talent after all of this recent success?”

How is our enrollment hurting our chances of having wealthy donors!?

This is really good. Now were comparing Willard to Cal. Unbelievable.

How is our enrollment hurting our chances of having wealthy donors!?
You can see my answer above but my initial point was in no way meant to be demeaning FWIW

% wise I bet we have a very large amount of wealthy alum - we’re just drawing from a comparatively small # of people

On the bright side I think we’re trending in the right direction from enrollment and graduate placement points of view

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Jess

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT