ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Creighton

Also major respect for Coach McDermott. One of the best in the game and a great friend to our coaching staff it appears. He and Sha had a great conversation pregame.

Reactions: TomWall
The Creighton WHITE guys always get us, this MILLER kid's gonna piss us off today I can sense it

Some matchup disadvantages defensively for us are apparent early on. But we're hanging in, got a few buckets.

The Bediako bad foul hedging at the top of the key. Could see that coming. Happens every game and opposing teams know it’s coming and go right at him. Hurts us. Not sure when the coaching is gonna get him to stop doing that or lessen the hedge a little.

Reactions: TomWall
the farm boys seem to beat us every year is McDermott like 20-1 vs SHU

Creighton has turnover tendencies. I wonder if we might try some ball pressure. Could get burned though

Our switching defensively on screens is not good right now. Creighton isn’t the team to let run free

Give Creighton credit for their passing. The defense can only do so much. Right in the game after a tad slow start.

Give Creighton credit for their passing. The defense can only do so much. Right in the game after a tad slow start.
I’m not giving them any credit for Bediako chasing a guard 30 feet out and letting Kalkbreener post up Kadary

Cannot lose them on the 3. They can make a ton but miss a ton. Starts w staying in front of the driving guard.

Jaden hedges well but cant foul 40 ft away. Hes gotta stay on the court. I dont care how well everett played last game

Davis carrying us offensively. But notice McDermott clapping every time his team forces Davis into a fade-away shot. He knows those won't keep falling consistently.

Reactions: Gritty5837
LearNing experience for Coleman. That’s a catch and shoot guy. You have to be on him.

Right now this feels like the SHU-Butler game with the roles reversed. Creighton has felt largely in control of this game thus far even with a relatively tight score.

Creighton coming off a UConn butt whooping is a tough matchup. They need a win badly.

Still in it though, keep up the increase in defensive pressure.

Reactions: shu09
On the other hand Creighton is using a lot of energy on the offensive side. Could catch up with them n the second half.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Dawes and Wusu have not scored yet, idk if thats good or bad cuz were down by 1 without them but we need them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT