ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Creighton

Creighton won this game, we didn’t lose it. They hit a number of clutch shots. Yeah close outs could’ve been better but it’s 3OT and we’re essentially playing with a 7 man rotation. Ball got stagnant at the end, but again we’re talking 53 min into a game.

This loss won’t hurt our tourney chances, but a loss to providence could. Hopefully the guys can put this one behind them on Wednesday.

Two huge calls by the refs in that game. The obvious in bound walk gives us the ball back and we win. Than the Dawes call. Ashworth is holding him w two hands as he dribbled which is a foul and no call. They let ‘em play all game. Then Dawes with the slight push off which they let go all game and Driscoll makes the call after letting it go all game?? Alexander and Schierman pushed off all Fn game. Tough loss. We had it.

now all the pundits will probably hold this against us and keep us out

Both sides had plenty to complain about with the officiating. Big calls in critical moments missed both ways and a lot of physicality allowed which definitely helped us. At the end of the day Creighton made the plays they needed to win, hats off to them.

Reactions: shu09
Creighton will slaughter us in Nebraska like they always do, so this was our chance

Both sides had plenty to complain about with the officiating. Big calls in critical moments missed both ways and a lot of physicality allowed which definitely helped us. At the end of the day Creighton made the plays they needed to win, hats off to them.
Well we certainly know Crieghton complained….all game. How they didn’t get a T is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gritty5837
Schwirman did not get called for a foul. Has to be a first in a 3 OT game. He was guarding Richmond last 10 minutes

Schwirman did not get called for a foul. Has to be a first in a 3 OT game. He was guarding Richmond last 10 minutes
Well his defense stunk because Richmond we getting to the rim at will, he just couldn’t finish. Kind of crazy we can all agree he had an off-game and still ended up with a triple double.

no need to take offense its all fun and games we all are cool in the end

Well his defense stunk because Richmond we getting to the rim at will, he just couldn’t finish. Kind of crazy we can all agree he had an off-game and still ended up with a triple double.

His poor defense was a big reason Creighton got back in the game. I’m sure it wasn’t easy playing hurt but thats not a total excuse for how bad some of his close outs were today.

Reactions: TomD82
Well we certainly know Crieghton complained….all game. How they didn’t get a T is beyond me.
As much as I dislike McDermott's antics...... they worked. Don't you think he had something to do with the refs sending security to warn the student section to keep a lid on it? The refs especially Driscoll seemed subservient to him. He spent a lot of his time outside of the coach's box and in the face of the refs.... should have been t'd up

It was loud in there today.... the loudest in a long time. Students and fans were great. The team gave us all they had and should have had this game in regulation if the refs could count to 5.

Don't you think he had something to do with the refs sending security to warn the student section to keep a lid on it?
I find this particularly bothersome unless they were being vulgar. Anybody have anything more on this?

Reactions: shu09
I find this particularly bothersome unless they were being vulgar. Anybody have anything more on this?
This was in Jerry's article about the game. : "
This was the second lower-bowl sellout of the season and there were points, from the end of regulation through the overtimes, when the building was louder than it's ever been for a Seton Hall game (the 2019 season-finale victory over Villanova remains the full-game standard-bearer in that department).

But here, too, the officials came up small.

At halftime, Prudential Center security warned the student-section leaders that the officiating crew demanded they tone it down. It was a bizarre admonition because nothing unusual had taken place. We're talking about run-of-the-mill heckling. This is college basketball. Someone needs to grow some skin. "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT