ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Creighton

This isn’t like “relevant” now but this board usually likes to say how McDermott is the second coming

How about that blown lead! If it was reversed there would be 17 threads going right now

Two good teams out there today, but Creighton deserved to win. They never backed down and played smarter than we did. Absolutely determined to not go 0-2 on their road trip. What happened in Storrs on Wednesday night was not good for us.

We lost the game by allowing that stretch of threes in the middle of the second half, and again after we took our foot off the gas after taking a 5 point lead in the third OT. Davis not playing smart defensively (too physical/fouling) also cost us.

Looked like two top 25 teams out there to me, but my main concern now is Richmond. He is clearly hurt.

Reactions: PirateFan94
now lets see how many drop of us out their brackets for this 3 ot loss

The game was lost on the inability to defend the 3 point shot of Creighton
Much due to Kalkbrenner’s wrap-the-guy screen. Those are not legal. He moves with the defender. Been doing it since the first half.

Sha lets the game roll too long sometimes. Our guys often lose focus and make bad mistakes. Happened over a 6 minute stretch in the second half when we blew the 8 point point lead

The guys played really hard today. I try to pick my spots to share criticism b/c it rubs people the wrong way, but this is one of biggest critiques and maybe its just a difference in philosophy.

I have 2 TO’s with a 5 point lead, i’m not waiting for the game to possibly get closer. I’m calling a TO and drawing up a play to get us up 7-8 points.

I like using TO’s aggressively and to immediately stop potential runs but that’s just me. I’ve always noticed Steve Kerr uses them that way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT