ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Creighton

Kalkbrenner is a tall SKINNY BONEY person hes good very good but can easily be out muscled if we plan properly
But our bigs each have 2 fouls. I wonder if our Turkish center gets some minutes. He might match up well with Kalk.

McDermott has coached Kalkbrenner well on going straight up with the arms and I’m assuming reminds the referees he’s entitled to that ground.

You can’t fade away from guys like that, you have go right at their chest. He leaves his feet every time, he’s not taking a charge.

We haven’t been soft but we need a little more ferociousness going at him
The most annoying part of that is Kalkbrenner has been reaching down and NOT VERTICAL on multiple shot attempts with contact and no call.

Reactions: catholicman
So Creighton is playing a relatively strong offensive game, Dawes and Wusu have not scored and we are right in the game. Cover the wings and stop going for their ball fakes.

Its a win for SHU only being down 4 but Creighton has felt in control / dictating style of play.

This is gonna be a difficult one to pull off, we can absolutely do it but we’ll need to take it from them.

Reactions: shu09
what did UCONN do to beat em? aside from talent what was the plan

Kalkbrenner is a tall SKINNY BONEY person hes good very good but can easily be out muscled if we plan properly
Skinny upper body but strong lower body. TV commentators said he put on over 60 pounds since this freshman year.

@MTOleBlue I hate to make assumptions but I don’t see how the whistle doesn’t even out in the second half with us being home. That’s why we need to keep attacking the rim.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
It showed that he clearly hit his wrist. Not sure why you're trolling
I've watched it three times, even paused the frame right at the time of the block. His hand went right to the ball and he blocked it.

Not sure what @shu09 is seeing. I don’t think he hit any ball at all. It was clearly all wrist.

Is there a way to post pictures on here? I have a screenshot where it clearly proves it was all ball. It's almost like game threads are pre-programmed to make it seem like officiating is out to get Seton Hall, which is not the case.

The most annoying part of that is Kalkbrenner has been reaching down and NOT VERTICAL on multiple shot attempts with contact and no call.

Please stop with this fanboy nonsense. Creighton is #1 in America in not committing fouls for a reason. They are GOOD at not fouling and well-coached in that regard.

Reactions: TomWall
Please stop with this fanboy nonsense. Creighton is #1 in America in not committing fouls for a reason. They are GOOD at not fouling and well-coached in that regard.
McDermott a terrific coach for sure. Good start for us.

Dawes 5 quick points and a 5 point SH lead. Not a coincidence. Need to keep everyone involved. Move the ball, as Shaheen said in the first half timeout.

If they’re gonna swallow their whistle the whole half it benefits us greatly. We’re the tougher team

Reactions: shu09
We have turned up the defense big time. This is a great game. Two good teams.

Take a time out sha. Come on. Blow an 8 point lead Kadary isn’t even moving and we hand the game back to them

Reactions: Gritty5837
If Kadary is too hurt to play defense he needs to sit. Right now he’s not bothering to close out and its led to 9 points

Reactions: TomWall
they hit their last 4 3's now and will take the lead on this next spot.....

we f'd this up , up by 9 and let them have a larry bird 3 point shooting contest

They went up 9 and forgot they built the lead by closing off the perimeter. You can’t fall asleep against a team that shoots like Creighton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT