ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Creighton

Before the season, A lot of people on this board thought Ashworth was an improvement for Creighton at point guard over Nembhard… all I have to say to that is please stop the Quaaludes

Creighton just a little bit better in the 1st half. I really hope Sha is talking to his team about the pump-fake. Creighton been doing it for years.

Before the season, A lot of people on this board thought Ashworth was an improvement for Creighton at point guard over Nembhard… all I have to say to that is please stop the Quaaludes

Well, Ashworth is doing a great job blanketing Dawes. Following him everywhere he goes. We cannot win with Dawes not doing anything. Have to get him going.

A lot of wrist on that “great block” by Kalkbrenner on Addae Wusu.

Seems to me Creighton wants us to settle for mid range shots. You have to go up strong, right at Kalkbrenner. He’s susceptible to pump fakes as well.

We have to continue attacking the rim, it’ll set up outside shooting. Don’t try to get going on contested threes, its a trap.

I would press Ashworth, make Creighton work in the backcourt a bit to try to delay them setting their offense up.

4 point deficit at half is a win, game is still up for grabs.

?? He’s stiff, un-athletic and totally overrated

He’s tall..that’s it can’t let that guy be the guy who makes you lose this game

You can’t be serious!

Kalkbrenner is one of the most overrated offensive players in the conference because of his poor foot speed and athleticism, although Seton Hall is making him look good today. On defense however, he is worth a ton. Great defensive player.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Well, Ashworth is doing a great job blanketing Dawes. Following him everywhere he goes. We cannot win with Dawes not doing anything. Have to get him going.
The 1 on 1 ball today is making it pretty easy to defend us. Hard to think of many mismatches we created in the 1st half

Reactions: catholicman
Curious to see if we try and front Kalkbrenner at all in the 2nd half.

Also they're doing a great job of smothering Dawes. Looks like McDermott said Richmond is going to get his, but we're going to make someone other than Dawes be the second guy to beat us.

Kalkbrenner is one of the most overrated offensive players in the conference because of his poor foot speed and athleticism, although Seton Hall is making him look good today. On defense however, he is worth a ton. Great defensive player.
He’s not a great anything

incredibly overrated

But I get your point

McDermott has coached Kalkbrenner well on going straight up with the arms and I’m assuming reminds the referees he’s entitled to that ground.

You can’t fade away from guys like that, you have go right at their chest. He leaves his feet every time, he’s not taking a charge.

We haven’t been soft but we need a little more ferociousness going at him

Reactions: TomWall
It showed that he clearly hit his wrist. Not sure why you're trolling
Watching on TV. I thought it looked clean when they showed the replay. Wusu should’ve switched it to the left hand and it would’ve guaranteed a foul. 2 handed jam gave kalkbrenner the angle to come in

Reactions: shu09 and TomWall
?? He’s stiff, un-athletic and totally overrated

He’s tall..that’s it can’t let that guy be the guy who makes you lose this game

You can’t be serious!
He scores inside, sets picks and is the best shot blocker in the BE. What else would you want out of a center?

Especially if they aren’t going to call fouls on him.

Curious to see if we try and front Kalkbrenner at all in the 2nd half.

Also they're doing a great job of smothering Dawes. Looks like McDermott said Richmond is going to get his, but we're going to make someone other than Dawes be the second guy to beat us.
If you front him, they'll kick it out for a 3. Tricky to defend Creighton.

Reactions: Gritty5837
Kalkbrenner is a tall SKINNY BONEY person hes good very good but can easily be out muscled if we plan properly

Reactions: CL82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT