ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

It’s mostly just not smart decisions and not much team play. Heads down and driving without hitting an open guy in the closing 3 minutes.

Willard needs to step up his talent. Let's hope our class next year pans out

It’s mostly just not smart decisions and not much team play. Heads down and driving without hitting an open guy in the closing 3 minutes.
That's what happens when you play without a point guard. We were essentially playing with smoke and mirrors for a long time riding Shavar as the starting point with Aiken constantly hurt. You can only do that so long before it bites you in the ass.

If both Molson and Cale played more than Reynolds, we win. That is how bad Reynolds was. Offensively and defensively not good. Of course Mamu missed to many shots at rim and didn’t get many calls but I can live with the MVP doing that. Reynolds I can’t live with, he was horrendous. Couldn’t even his 1 of his 2 foul shots. Unforced TOs, bad fouls...

Reactions: TomWall
Been a critic of Molson, but he played well and hard today. Props where it's due.
He is tough and a physical player, but I don't see him scoring like he did at Canius or like Quincy did here. He does not have the offensive game of a Rhoden and and outside shot to boot. He will be a rotation player, but the recruiting has to be more than that. Enough of these transfers and grad students.

Reynolds should never have been in the position to lose the game. Should have had a scholarship talent on the roster in his place. That's on recruiting. We better prey connely is the real deal.
Is this an appropriate time to revisit the Posh topic? Lolzzz😂🤣😂

Don't blame the players. Some of them shouldn't even be on the court in a big east uniform. Willard is the only coach in conference with a former walk on to run your team. Nice story of course, but even the worst teams have good point guards

Reactions: flconticello
Reynolds should never have been in the position to lose the game. Should have had a scholarship talent on the roster in his place. That's on recruiting. We better prey connely is the real deal.
I agree 100%.

With our roster though, if you are in the game just don’t try to be a hero, turn the ball over or make stupid fouls. And what might be the last game of the season you miss your only 2 foul shots with 3 min left. Wtf

His name is Conway.

Cale sucked today and Mamu sucked today, actually everybody sucked today minus Rhoden
Willard does not have a clue how to take advantage of Cale's strengths. Need to set screens for him or drive and dish to him. It almost never happens....not Cale's fault. I feel bad for him.

Molson was out playing Cale by a considerable margin.
Then maybe bench Mamu or Shavar they were awful. Not like he's a point guard anyway. I know I'm taking out of frustration but this team is lacking talent. Problem isn't players like Cale. Samuel etc. It's that they are playing out of position because of horrible recruiting. Cale and Rhoden are both 3's but forced to play the 2. Samuel is a 4 forced to play 5. Shavar is... well not sure but forced to play pg. Willard needs to step up recruiting....big time.

Reactions: HallBall02
If both Molson and Cale played more than Reynolds, we win. That is how bad Reynolds was. Offensively and defensively not good. Of course Mamu missed to many shots at rim and didn’t get many calls but I can live with the MVP doing that. Reynolds I can’t live with, he was horrendous. Couldn’t even his 1 of his 2 foul shots. Unforced TOs, bad fouls...
You nailed it....either Molson or Cale can play the point at least as well as Shavar. And not to pick on Shavar, he was a walkon and far exceeded everyone's expectations during his career. But clearly he is not a Big East caliber point guard.

Willard does not have a clue how to take advantage of Cale's strengths. Need to set screens for him or drive and dish to him. It almost never happens....not Cale's fault. I feel bad for him.

Love the kid, but he just doesn’t consistently make shots. The lake of consistency has been a killer throughout his career. But he gave us Kentucky and he always played hard. Just wished for some more makes.

Hey, at least SHU didn’t have a player ejected tonight for grabbing an opposing players package! So there’s that!

Reactions: TomWall
That is so stupid though, let the younger kids (Ike, Rhoden, Long) play, hey Sandro your too good to go to the NIT now? Same with you Kevin, you too good? Didnt realize Seton Hall became Nova

16 teams make the NIT it's less watered down, play the damn games, dont turn it down, you arent no blue blood

I think the reason for no NIT isn’t due to lack of respect for the tournament, but because after all of the testing and restrictions, these guys (kids, actually) need to get their lives back. Enough is enough. There’s nothing left in the tank. It’s over.

I think it's an overreach to say Shavar isn't a scholarship-caliber player. Not everyone on the roster can be stars and he certainly compares favorably with back of the bench players. However, I think it is totally fair to say that he does not measure up well as a starting pg caliber scholarship player.

I think the reason for no NIT isn’t due to lack of respect for the tournament, but because after all of the testing and restrictions, these guys (kids, actually) need to get their lives back. Enough is enough. There’s nothing left in the tank. It’s over.
Let the kids who are coming back next year play

Reactions: HallBall02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT