ADVERTISEMENT

JETS/GIANTS QB'S & THE #1 DRAFT PICK

I still think we have to be realistic here. This is a work in progress. The Giants are still about 5-10 good players
away from being a very good team. At this point we have to be ecstatic that the playoffs are a real possibility. They may lose to the Seahawks before the bye. After that it's the Texans and Lions at home. Those two games are vital. 10 wins should be good enough maybe even 9 to get in. Jones improvement is key if the Giants are to become a legit team in the next few years. I thought he played fantastic last week. On the sour side it's still too easy for other teams to come right down and score quickly after the Giants put up points. That's a sign that the defense although better is not quite there.

I still think we have to be realistic here. This is a work in progress. The Giants are still about 5-10 good players
away from being a very good team. At this point we have to be ecstatic that the playoffs are a real possibility. They may lose to the Seahawks before the bye. After that it's the Texans and Lions at home. Those two games are vital. 10 wins should be good enough maybe even 9 to get in. Jones improvement is key if the Giants are to become a legit team in the next few years. I thought he played fantastic last week. On the sour side it's still too easy for other teams to come right down and score quickly after the Giants put up points. That's a sign that the defense although better is not quite there.
Think Toney has the potential to be really good for the Chiefs. And despite that have no issue with the Giants dealing him and getting back a 3rd and a 6th. Toney is a talented kid but it is clear there were issues that were going to prevent him from reaching that with the Giants. I don’t think there is a realistic Giants fan out there who thinks we were going to get anything from the kid given how the past year and a half has played out.

This is Toneys “ show up or grow up moment.” He won’t get another chance in the NFL if he screws this up. I bet someone has told him that. Great opportunity for him and the Giants made the right call to get what they could for him. No regrets if he does well there for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT