ADVERTISEMENT

May recruiting

Final 2 for Bobi Klintman

If we get him, it could be huge implications in possibly getting PG Eliot Cadeau out of Bergen Catholic. I imagine Klintman will be on the National team for Sweden like Eliot will project to be.
Eliot already is making 6 figures off of NIL I believe, so his fellow countryman may benefit?

Reactions: JRSlim2284
He has had the job for a month and has had to build a whole new team.

What did you expect at this point?
Sha is in a position no different then Matta at Butler and Sean Miller at Xavier and every other new head coach hired in the past month or so and they all have to recruit and fill spots opened by players transferring due to a coaching change. There are very few coaches in the country that had more positive press then Sha and that likely created unrealistic expectations among the Seton Hall fan base as to what he could accomplish in bringing in new talent. For this fan I think he has done a hell of a job to date and yet there is still more to do especially in terms of bringing in quality Bigs so let’s wait until all the slots are filled before passing judgement.

I was sent this……..Too funny

Alabama: “Coach Nate Oats came to me and really broke me. the assistant coach has me as well. Those are two dudes!”

NC State: “Coach (Kevin) Keatts talks to himself. He talks and talks and tells me who I am. He’s just pushy……to that next level.”

Seton Hall: “They talk to me about cool. They tell me what they want me to come like a dog.”

Tennessee: “I talk to coach (Justin) Gainey. He talks to me a lot, and sends me pretty stuff.“

Texas A&M: “Coach Rocc (Steve Roccaforte) checks me and does whatever he can to use contact(physical). I really like that about him.”

VCU: “Their coaching staff talk to me everyday about basketball. They really bore me.”

Virginia: “I actually like coach (Tony) Bennett. He sat down on me and watched me and what I did both good and bad. I really trust a coach that bones you.”

Wake Forest: “coach Steve Forbes loves BJ. he’s a funny and cool dude to be around. Same thing with coach McKie. They’ve talked about coming in myself.”

Decision timetable: “I would like to say time will tell.”
Wanted to know the context for this. Gave it a google and found it here. The above are cut down versions of the quotes:

Emoji Bates pushes back his commitment date to June according to Twitter. Could Shaheen have told him to give him time to see what he could do with an NIL?

Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Sha is in a position no different then Matta at Butler and Sean Miller at Xavier and every other new head coach hired in the past month or so and they all have to recruit and fill spots opened by players transferring due to a coaching change. There are very few coaches in the country that had more positive press then Sha and that likely created unrealistic expectations among the Seton Hall fan base as to what he could accomplish in bringing in new talent. For this fan I think he has done a hell of a job to date and yet there is still more to do especially in terms of bringing in quality Bigs so let’s wait until all the slots are filled before passing judgement.
One big difference. Sha has playing in the # 1 media market in the world to sell

Emoji Bates pushes back his commitment date to June according to Twitter. Could Shaheen have told him to give him time to see what he could do with an NIL?

Take it with a grain of salt.

I think ARK just got a commit today from a portal guard. Not sure they have a ship left for Bates.

Further proof that the SPU run to the Elite 8 was the best thing to happen to Seton Hall hoops in a very long time
Yes, if the SPU run didnt happen, I shudder to think of a "national search for a coach who had made the NCAAs" when Shaheen was right around the corner.

If Davis can sign either one --give the man a raise !!!
Make him the top assistant and pay him accordingly!

What a personal story about his recovery from brain surgery as a young man. He had a brain malformation and almost didn’t make it.

Zach Braziller story about him in the NY Post is a must read.

With all the commitments and decommits he has made, I wouldn’t put it passed him to decommit in two months and sign with us……..lol

Last edited:
You can't win them all. This was a long shot anyway. He spent two days at Wake, never visited the Hall yet was going to announce his choice right after the Wake visit. That should sure be an indication of what his announcement was going to be.

Tom K

He has had the job for a month and has had to build a whole new team.

What did you expect at this point?
what is wrong with people on this board always turning every comment into being negative. he wasnt being negative.

and the guy who responded "we have four commits already" while completely disregarding he meant specifically high school recruits.

all of these defending something the poster never said. maddening phenomena on this bord. he was very positive that we will be dealing outside of the transfer space soon because sha is able to get it done. he also locked in some immediate transfers to fill out the bare bones we were left behind with. great job sha! couldnt ask for a better start

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT