ADVERTISEMENT

MICHIGAN GAME THREAD

Huge win. Great defense all game. And it came down to FTs for both teams in the end!

Gut check, gutty win. Key decision was to bury KR. GREAT job by Ike and Aiken. Rhoden being Rhode. And Good job by Willard down the stretch too.

You never want to put too much stock in a single game, but this is one that both teams saw coming and showed up for. It was a big deal to both — and both conferences — and our guys played a flawed game but figured it out and gutted it out. What more can you ask? And you’re going to keep seeing a young Michigan team get better and better so this is a real chip to have.

Great, great win. That win is legit. And so is this team.

Up there with Syracuse in 2000 (who was also #4 at the time). Other than that, I can't remember anything close in my time following the program.
It’s a good question to ponder. What say you, @SnakeTom ? I can’t really recall one this big on the road. My memory only takes me to the early-mid-‘90s or so.

Great job by everyone involved. But imo, other than Ikey I give the game ball to willard. It’s not easy with so many dudes to go with the correct choice and the hot hands and make the right adjustments but he did all of that. Absolutely great win!

It’s a good question to ponder. What say you, @SnakeTom ? I can’t really recall one this big on the road. My memory only takes me to the early-mid-‘90s or so.
I would say Georgetown in 198…6-87, I think. They beat them twice that year. Georgetown might have been. No. 8 in the country then? I remember the game

Reactions: SHUSource
Not many better road wins I can think of. Nova win after losing so many in a row was sweet but this was much better. Great win.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
This is the highest ranked out of conference road win in school history. This wasn’t even what I think will be our A game. We will be able to play with anyone in the country this season.

Not many better road wins I can think of. Nova win after losing so many in a row was sweet but this was much better. Great win.
Jerry --we had it all the way - just wait for Richmond and Samuel to join this Party AND THEY WILL--
Best Defensive effort against ---,as we were constantly told, McDonald's All -Americans everywhere-- I have seen in I can't remember

I can't recall another win like this on the road. Just that Cuse game in 2000. Even the 1989 team did not pull off this big an upset in an away game. Tho that win over Kentucky a few years ago was sweet but MSG is not a road game.

Tom K

Hey, someone tell our guys to grab that National Championship trophy that was stolen from us on the way out!

Great game guys!
What would really be poetic justice is if this win (and that missed free throw) spurs the Pirates to never before seen heights and a 2022 national championship. Then, and only then, we can forgive them for '89.

I can dream, can't I? LOL. 🤣

Not sure if it is just excitement and the fact that there haven’t been true fan showing for 18 months, but that crowd, at least in the first 10 minutes of the first half was ELECTRIC. Watching on TV, I looked at my brother and said in the first 5 minutes how hard it must be for our guys to play through that away court energy after so long.

And that is what is so impressive to me. Although we went down 11 in the 2nd half our guys NEVER got down on themselves. Not sure I’ve seen that type of resilience in any of our teams in recent memory.

What an exciting team. This roster, man 1- man 9, (1-10 when BWest gets back), is ridiculously deep. And I’m no super expert, but our defense was nothing short of a work of art for a majority of the game.

Richmond is struggling, but I have zero doubt he will click at some point. He’s a physical specimen who just needs to get comfortable in our system. I think most of his struggles have been on offense, but he had a few hustle plays tonight which showed his potential.The fact that he really hasn’t contributed too much as of date, and has underperformed is also pretty exciting. Once he clicks, watch out.

This team is going to make some noise.
Love this team, love this school, love our coach, and love the fact that we got our payback from ‘89 (even though I wasn’t even a thought, I’ve probably watched that disaster more time than I can admit).

How awesome is the Rock going to be for the Rutgers game?!?!?!

I think as Hall fans, we have learned to be cautious over the years, but this group is amazingly promising. Let’s just make sure we support them and show up at home this year.

Jerry --we had it all the way - just wait for Richmond and Samuel to join this Party AND THEY WILL--
Best Defensive effort against ---,as we were constantly told, McDonald's All -Americans everywhere-- I have seen in I can't remember
LPB43 Agree. This best part of depth is when someone is off in a game, coach can substitute and ride hot hand. Richmond and Samuel were not playing best games and Action Jackson and Aiken picked them up. Team has potential and depth. Coach will need to manage it and keep everyone happy with their roles. Looking forward to a great season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT