ADVERTISEMENT

Muhammad Final 5

I just don’t see where the minutes for Nelson are. Some combination of Aiken, Molson, and Reynolds is going to take up a vast majority of minutes at the 1 and 2. That doesn’t even take into consideration if they try and play Cale at the 2 at all. I don’t even know how Muhammad would fit in for this season. Can’t see Hall wanting him if he is immediately eligible. I don’t see a lot of minutes for him for this upcoming season. He’s an ideal fit for ‘21-22.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I think what most posters—at least on this current thread—are suggesting is that the option to move on is something either a player or coach is entitled to. A coach may not say it outright, but if he is forthcoming and tells a player that he will not play due to roster changes, is that forcing that player out the door? Would it be better to string a kid along and not say anything knowing that he isn’t what the coach thought he’d be?

I think these same posters believe that if a coach leaves, any kid on the roster can leave and deserve immediate playing time. That should go unsaid in my opinion.

The reason the proposed rule of not sitting out is being contemplated is because the NCAA doesn’t want to pay players and this is a pseudo compromise. Trust me, the NCAA isn’t doing it because they want to see kids have the ability to play for 4 different schools in 4 years.
I believe the vote is to allow one transfer without having to sit out, if player transferred again think sit out would be required.

I just don’t see where the minutes for Nelson are. Some combination of Aiken, Molson, and Reynolds is going to take up a vast majority of minutes at the 1 and 2. That doesn’t even take into consideration if they try and play Cale at the 2 at all. I don’t even know how Muhammad would fit in for this season. Can’t see Hall wanting him if he is immediately eligible. I don’t see a lot of minutes for him for this upcoming season. He’s an ideal fit for ‘21-22.
Cale’s not a 2; assume Nelson moves on; Powell was unique and Willard wanted to play him 35 mpg. Don’t see him doing that with Aiken. Q was also beat up because Nelson wasn’t ready and Willard couldn’t overuse Reynolds.

Likely Aiken gets 25, Muhammad and Molson avg 20 each and Reynolds picks up about 5.

Again I believe he is Seton Hall bound
He wants to play next year and RU
wanted him to sit out . With Baker , Mathis , Mcconell , Mulcahy and Jacob Young not enough minutes
Following year with Geo and Young graduating a different story

Reactions: SHUMA04 and ShuBall
Hbr103 Do you have any sources or are you just basing it on speculation?

wanted him to sit out . With Baker , Mathis , Mcconell , Mulcahy and Jacob Young not enough minutes
Can he transfer within conference?

Not sure I understand as it seems seton hall would like him to sit out as well.

If he goes to Seton Hall and sits out I was wrong . I believe him and Aiken would be an all Big East backcourt .
He is an elite defender .

Reactions: lokiSHU
If he goes to Seton Hall and sits out I was wrong . I believe him and Aiken would be an all Big East backcourt .
He is an elite defender .

Muhammad would have to put more points on the board to make all Big East. He averaged 7.0 ppg last season and 7.6 ppg his freshman year , not numbers that are going to get you all- conference honors.

Cale’s not a 2; assume Nelson moves on; Powell was unique and Willard wanted to play him 35 mpg. Don’t see him doing that with Aiken. Q was also beat up because Nelson wasn’t ready and Willard couldn’t overuse Reynolds.

Likely Aiken gets 25, Muhammad and Molson avg 20 each and Reynolds picks up about 5.
Good thought that I didn’t think about.

Reactions: HALL85
If you do add Muhammad to the mix at guard it would now include Aiken, Reynolds , Nelson , Long , Molson that’s six and both Cale and Stevens are players who could play the two guard that’s eight . That leaves only four players for the center and power forward position , which seems short on depth to me.
If he has to sit, then that list gets cut in half...Aiken, Reynolds, Cale graduate, and I can’t see Nelson staying...I’m ok wit it, but Not at the expense of Sanogo...so hopefully there is another scholarship available

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Rutgers was definitely involved with Muhammad, but would not offer unless he chose to sit out.

It will be interesting to see what happens if he commits to the Hall. The Pirates are also looking for a sit out transfers for the 2021/22 season.

So different approaches. Rutgers wouldn't offer without him agreeing to sit while SHU decided to make a offer and deal with the sitting issue later.

Rutgers was mentioned by literally nobody. I think hbr is making stuff up in his own head

lol.....

giphy.gif

He has written many stories on dad Hurley, so you would have to assume that's where he got his info from.

must be tough on a current player who is only still with the team until 2 potential transfers decide if they want to come to the Hall. personally, I feel we will lose out on both to Marquette and Arizona St. but has to be difficult on the player.

At least we know why he never put his name into the portal. The more I think about it, the more I hope Anthony stays. He picked us out of high school, unlike those two.

Reactions: hallball

With how incredible of a defender and a workhorse he is I sure hope Reynolds gets more than 5 minutes

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...na-state-lands-top-10-senior-josh-christopher

Arizona State lands top-10 senior Josh Christopher

11:53 PM ET
  • i

Jeff BorzelloESPN Staff Writer
Top-10 senior Josh Christopher announced his commitment to Arizona State on Monday, becoming the Sun Devils' highest-ranked ESPN 100 recruit since at least 2007.

Christopher chose Arizona State over a final group that included Michigan, UCLA, USC and Missouri.

A 6-foot-5 shooting guard out of Mayfair High School in Lakewood, California, Christopher is one of the more explosive offensive players in the 2020 class. He's ranked No. 10 overall in the ESPN 100, slotting in as the No. 2 shooting guard in the country.

The projected 2021 first-round NBA draft pick put up big numbers on the Nike EYBL circuit last spring and summer, averaging 21.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 5.2 assists for Vegas Elite.

Christopher had a whirlwind recruitment that included a number of schools seemingly taking the lead. Kentucky was considered the favorite for Christopher in the summer, but the Wildcats landed commitments from five-star perimeter players B.J. Boston and Terrence Clarke, essentially taking themselves out of the mix for Christopher.

UCLA seemed to be in the driver's seat in the fall, but the Bruins began to fade, and in January, Shareef O'Neal, Shaq's son and Christopher's friend, announced his intent to transfer. Christopher also has family ties to Missouri; his cousin is the director of athletic performance for the Tigers.

Michigan entered the mix last summer, when Juwan Howard took over for John Beilein as coach. Christopher included the Wolverines in his final five and took his official visit to Ann Arbor in late November. Buzz started to grow in late January that Howard might have positioned Michigan as the favorite for Christopher's commitment, and down the stretch, it was an Arizona State vs. Michigan battle.

Arizona State was a constant in Christopher's recruitment because his brother, Caleb, plays for the Sun Devils. But while coach Bobby Hurley's program was thought to be a factor in Christopher's recruitment since early in his high school career, it was rarely regarded as the clear-cut favorite, despite Christopher's official visit in January.

Hurley reacted to the news late Monday on Twitter.

Christopher is the second commitment of the 2020 class for Hurley, joining ESPN 100 small forward Marcus Bagley, the younger brother of Sacramento Kings forward Marvin Bagley III. Arizona State also landed a pledge from Portland State transfer Holland Woods last week. Woods, a first-team All-Big Sky guard, averaged 17.7 points and 5.2 assists last season and hopes to be eligible immediately next season.

Christopher is the first top-10 prospect to commit to Arizona State since the ESPN recruiting database started in 2007. He is the highest-ranked prospect to pledge to the Sun Devils since James Harden committed in 2007. Former Arizona State guard Luguentz Dort was rated as a five-star prospect in the 2018 class, but because he played high school basketball outside the United States, he wasn't in the ESPN 100 rankings.

Christopher is a noted Kobe Bryant fan. He wore a No. 2 jersey in his first game after Bryant's death, in honor of Kobe's daughter Gianna, and he has a "Mamba" tattoo on the inside of his wrist.

Arizona State was the first team left out of the first edition of ESPN's Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings. The Sun Devils are expected to bring back at least three starters from the 2019-20 team that finished 20-11 and was on the verge of a third straight NCAA tournament appearance. Starting point guard Remy Martin entered his name in the NBA draft but could withdraw and return to Tempe for his senior season. If Martin decides to come back, Hurley will have one of the most explosive perimeter units in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT