ADVERTISEMENT

Posh

Not as tepid as you might think. We are really starting to donate like a major D1 program should. Many supporters are doing less complaining and more reaching into their wallets.

Let's keep that momentum up.
Great to hear Dan. Outside of you informing the group does the university or groups plan to communicate something of a status out to the masses?
Seems to be an opportunity to inform the community that change is being made. Also examples of players at events or activities that are related to NIL is welcomed.

The only thing I can guarantee with the school is there will be lack of transparency with the figures. I have no issue with that.

As far as advertising NIL info, that I do not know.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
The only thing I can guarantee with the school is there will be lack of transparency with the figures. I have no issue with that.

As far as advertising NIL info, that I do not know.
in an era where where so much of the news deals with the lack of transparency in government , in the business world , in our educational system and in events that impact our everyday life I guess it’s not surprising that we’re seeing it in collegiate sports .

I would hope that at some point in time Seton Hall woul speak to what it sees the role athletics plays in university life and what its goals are for our athletic programs and what it’s strategic plan is to see us meet those goals. Yes figures included !

With Posh, who are the starters? Is it Posh, Dawes and Richmond? Or is it Richmond and Posh at 1 & 2 and Davis at 3 with Dawes in the bench?

Reactions: shupat08
in an era where where so much of the news deals with the lack of transparency in government , in the business world , in our educational system and in events that impact our everyday life I guess it’s not surprising that we’re seeing it in collegiate sports .

I would hope that at some point in time Seton Hall woul speak to what it sees the role athletics plays in university life and what its goals are for our athletic programs and what it’s strategic plan is to see us meet those goals. Yes figures included !
But this is a business, and no business is just going to hand its figures to its competitors and those it's trying to negotiate with.

Reactions: garyshu71
Honestly surprised that no one on this thread pointed out that Sha getting a commitment from Posh is something KW was never able to do
Depends on which version of the recruiting story, because they've varied. Version 1 is that Posh was going to commit but KW backed off and Skinn ultimately got him to take Long instead because of academic concerns re: Posh and KW having just been burned with the Davis kid. Version 2 is we were hedging, Posh wasn't fully committed, and Anderson/Macon swooped in to steal the kid.

But this is a business, and no business is just going to hand its figures to its competitors and those it's trying to negotiate with.
This over and over. Better to be the pauper but in reality can come up big if required. And by the way I don't see anyone else advertising their numbers. Not even one school. Just rumors.

We should also go after Sanogo and let him know that if he decides to not test out the NBA draft waters he is welcome to finish his career at SHU where he will be the man and he does not have to share post time with Klingon. He can be the star here and showcase his talents another year and move up in the draft!
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

:)

Don't know what to say about Posh.Player of first two years was impressive but last year not so much.Who's going to show up and how does he fit in with KR?

Depends on which version of the recruiting story, because they've varied. Version 1 is that Posh was going to commit but KW backed off and Skinn ultimately got him to take Long instead because of academic concerns re: Posh and KW having just been burned with the Davis kid. Version 2 is we were hedging, Posh wasn't fully committed, and Anderson/Macon swooped in to steal the kid.
I remember asking the question of why didn’t we want Posh. The answer was that the coaching staff proffered Long over Posh which was preposterous at the time.

I remember asking the question of why didn’t we want Posh. The answer was that the coaching staff proffered Long over Posh which was preposterous at the time.
If that was true we need a new coaching staff which obviously we now have.

Would love to see Posh and Wusu here, a lineup with those two as 1-2 and KR at the 3 for some stretches. The press with that kind of backcourt could be insane

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
Not as tepid as you might think. We are really starting to donate like a major D1 program should. Many supporters are doing less complaining and more reaching into their wallets.

I donated and I have not been complaining about NIL.

Reactions: Halldan1
The contrast between Posh and Femi are interesting. Remarkably similar but some subtle differences. I would say Posh is the better player, but it’s not by much.

They were nearly identical on usage and offensive ratings. Posh has a much higher assist rate (and slightly higher turnover rate) and is a better offensive rebounder, while Femi is much better defensive rebounder and gets to the line more. Almost same steal % stats. Posh is pretty good getting to the line and he’s a MUCH better FT shooter. Neither can shoot the 3 worth a lick and take a similar % of shots from 3. Also Posh does a MUCH better job at playing good defense without fouling. The fouling and FT% alone are an improvement.

One was defensive player of the year and also first team all Big East

Agree. Seemed preposterous at the time, and that was confirmed more the second we saw both of them play their freshman seasons. Because if we have Posh, we dance that year. But remember Long was a Skinn-guy, so that played a role. And there is the academic concerns that Willard apparently had and recently had been burned with another kid (I think Davis, from the same school).

Why didn’t Pitino want to keep him?
There are plenty of good reasons, which aren't necessarily an indictment of either Pitino or Posh.

Pitino clearly wanted to bring in his starting backcourt from Iona -- the one kid who Florida's NIL snagged and the kid he got (Jenkins). Perhaps that impacted Posh wanting to be there.

Macon was retained from the prior staff. With all the rumblings out there about the SJU situation being a disaster last season -- which Dan again confirmed this morning -- I'm sure Macon filled Rick in on every player. Again, it is no coincidence at Pitino's first press conference he mentioned only 2 players -- Soriano and the other kid who hardly played.

Braziller has had multiple articles out there about only Storr and Posh being asked to potentially return, beyond those 2 kids above, subject to certain "conditions". Who knows what those conditions were? Was it about being comfortable as a possible bench player instead of guaranteed starter minutes? Was it about academics or living up to other team standards? Again, who knows.

I am traveling in Sicily and was for the most part happily off The Tove and Hoops Chat. Then this Posh stuff pops up and now I’m checking every couple hours. Geez, announce it already so I can enjoy the Sicilian food without having my phone on the table. LOL!
Park your butt in Taormina, grab a good bottle of wine and unplug. Beautiful island!

Reactions: hallstorm
Posh is the point guard we've been wanting for an eternity.
Let's hope. I think he's good in transition. SJU in the halfcourt was brutal to watch.

I know it's how the game is played now, but guys transferring within conference just feels dirty no matter who it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT