ADVERTISEMENT

Posh

Park your butt in Taormina, grab a good bottle of wine and unplug. Beautiful island!
Bad advice. Why tolerate a tourist trap when Siricusa, especially Ortigia, is such a short train ride away. Home to Archimedes. Amazing restaurants and great delis like L’Antica Salumeria where you can get salamis, provolone, fresh bread and a bottle of local red, find a spot to assemble sandwiches while listening to old Italian songs on iHeart radio. I’ve done this many times and always felt that feeling of the 1989 season, up until the final seconds.

Reactions: CL82
I stayed in majorly Marina Di Ragusa for 2.5 weeks after I graduated from SHU. Nice gift from my Sicilian father. He was right, you need to go for at least 10 days. I didn’t want to leave. Siracusa is gorgeous. Fish markets in Catania, cousin’s restaurant in Augusta….need to go back. You can find some good Air BnB apartments in the off months.

Reactions: CL82
He is? Based on what? Great defense, not much offense, low assist rate.
That’s really wrong. What are you basing this on? Last year he averaged more assists per game than Richmond. The year before he was second in the conference in assists, and his freshman year he was 6th in the league.

I am traveling in Sicily and was for the most part happily off The Tove and Hoops Chat. Then this Posh stuff pops up and now I’m checking every couple hours. Geez, announce it already so I can enjoy the Sicilian food without having my phone on the table. LOL!

Bad advice. Why tolerate a tourist trap when Siricusa, especially Ortigia, is such a short train ride away. Home to Archimedes. Amazing restaurants and great delis like L’Antica Salumeria where you can get salamis, provolone, fresh bread and a bottle of local red, find a spot to assemble sandwiches while listening to old Italian songs on iHeart radio. I’ve done this many times and always felt that feeling of the 1989 season, up until the final seconds.

I stayed in majorly Marina Di Ragusa for 2.5 weeks after I graduated from SHU. Nice gift from my Sicilian father. He was right, you need to go for at least 10 days. I didn’t want to leave. Siracusa is gorgeous. Fish markets in Catania, cousin’s restaurant in Augusta….need to go back. You can find some good Air BnB apartments in the off months.
I’ve been thinking about going it might do it either in the fall or next year. When it starts being more definite, can I reach out to you guys for practical advice? I’m planning on doing the eastern side of the island, Siracusa, Augusta, Agrigento, Modica etc. I’m figuring 10 to 14 days.

Defensively with Posh and Richmond the Hall will be tough on guards. We need Posh to improve on his three point shot. If he is able to improve that will spread the floor. I think Posh gives us that burst of speed on the offensive end that Aiken gave us. He can be quick and penetrate the lane and dish. I like what he gives and have always liked his game.

But we need him him to shoot the three. If he cannot hit the three with consistency, we will be back with defenses clogging the lanes and daring out team to this the three.

Reactions: batts and Piratz
That’s really wrong. What are you basing this on? Last year he averaged more assists per game than Richmond. The year before he was second in the conference in assists, and his freshman year he was 6th in the league.
I'm curious how many assists he had on the break vs running the offense.

Yup. Q averaged more per game in 19-20 but that's definitely not been the norm.

This is who we are getting. One of my favorite plays of the year. Posh steals the ball from Gillespie leaving Gillespie sprawled on the floor as he goes in for the jam! 💪👊 Great stuff!

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
Eh. Stayed in Siracusa in a house on an olive orchard and the town was less than impressive.

I’ve been thinking about going it might do it either in the fall or next year. When it starts being more definite, can I reach out to you guys for practical advice? I’m planning on doing the eastern side of the island, Siracusa, Augusta, Agrigento, Modica etc. I’m figuring 10 to 14 days.
Personally I would go back to Capri and the whole Amalfi coast before I go back to Sicily. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: thehall07
Start a thread on LOS when you want to start collecting information as several here have been there. I love Sicily as it’s not as touristy but has some interesting and beautiful places and it’s the path less travelled. Everybody conquered Sicily so it’s a real melding of history too. I can see why people go back. Etna and Agrigento are both great stops.

Reactions: CL82 and Gritty5837
Yep , he needs a good coach to get the most out of his ability.
I thought his sophomore year he did everything you want a PG to do except make 3s. Even his shooting percentage inside the arc was good, and that wasn’t all layups. You add in the defense, rebounding for his position, assists, and general tenacity, and sign me up for that again. I’ve been wrong many times but I really think last year was so much about Curbello and him being moved off the ball or having to do-exist. I noticed posh played better even at the end when Curbello was officially banned

Assist rate is low, he played in the most uptempo system in the game.

Richmond had the 2nd best assist rate within conference games this past season and year before. He was 47th and 49th overall in those years. Very good.

Posh was 10th in league games, 369th overall this past year. 4th and 80th the year before.

Assist rate is low, he played in the most uptempo system in the game.
I still don't understand. Sure the Jonnies played uptempo. That doesn't change his number of assists. He was second in the Big East and 19th in the country with 5.5 apg the previous year. Are we only looking at assists in a half court offense? As Clyde would say, "he's a penetrator and facilitator".

I still don't understand. Sure the Jonnies played uptempo. That doesn't change his number of assists. He was second in the Big East and 19th in the country with 5.5 apg the previous year. Are we only looking at assists in a half court offense? As Clyde would say, "he's a penetrator and facilitator".
hes saying that he gets a lot more offensive touches and doesnt produce assists at the same clip. but im not sure its apples to apples

I have ben to Sicily many times over the last twenty-five years and would love to be helpful.

Reactions: HALL85
Funny we have a post that says Posh to Hall but now going on a day and still no commitment.....this not gonna happen is it

I am traveling in Sicily and was for the most part happily off The Tove and Hoops Chat. Then this Posh stuff pops up and now I’m checking every couple hours. Geez, announce it already so I can enjoy the Sicilian food without having my phone on the table. LOL!
Enjoy the food...it's a done deal from every source. And pass the caponata.

Geez, didn’t realize we were going to start a travel thread. I’m in Ortigia now. Had lunch at L’Antica Salumeria yesterday. Here for three weeks. Palermo, Noto, and Siracusa are favorites so far but the entire island is phenomenal. Taormina next up and should be fine. Early in the tourist season. Someone wake me when the Posh boomlet is over.

Geez, didn’t realize we were going to start a travel thread. I’m in Ortigia now. Had lunch at L’Antica Salumeria yesterday. Here for three weeks. Palermo, Noto, and Siracusa are favorites so far but the entire island is phenomenal. Taormina next up and should be fine. Early in the tourist season. Someone wake me when the Posh boomlet is over.
FYI… I just started a thread on Life Off The Ship, (so we don’t hijack this thread anymore:). @radecicco, please continue to post highlights of your trip so we can live vicariously through you while we await anymore commitments. Now back to our normal Posh programming….

Reactions: CL82 and radecicco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT