ADVERTISEMENT

Posh

It is going to take time but I still believe that Sha will make this program go. The challenges are mammoth but he will not quit until he gets the Pirates back in the dance.

This felt very likely since the moment he entered the portal. I mean... supposedly SHU was his first choice out of high school if Willard would have taken him, and he's definitely a Sha type player.

This felt very likely since the moment he entered the portal. I mean... supposedly SHU was his first choice out of high school if Willard would have taken him, and he's definitely a Sha type player.
Was not a big line to have him go any where else

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Was not a big line to have him go any where else
That seems true. No doubt, if you believe the rumor mill, the list of other schools trying to get him to leave after his sophomore year was a level or two up. He had a bad junior season under less than ideal circumstances, to say the least. It's happened before to other kids who have rebounded.

Doesn't matter IMO. Trust Sha maximizing this kid to the player he was his first 2 seasons -- I think last year was a total aberration. And trust Sha has done his diligence on both him and DAW based on the stuff that's out there from this past season.

Yes, as Uncle Hector likes to remind us, he can shoot better than Posh. But give me Posh freshman/sophomore year and I don't care, because it will make us better IMO. And I think he is someone who is going to embrace Sha's coaching style.

Don’t know how this is viewed as anything but a positive. We now have last preseason’s 1st & 2nd All-Conference PGs. The talent will be there in the backcourt and Sha’s always buttered his bread coaching guards

Don’t know how this is viewed as anything but a positive. We now have last preseason’s 1st & 2nd All-Conference PGs. The talent will be there in the backcourt and Sha’s always buttered his bread coaching guards
You guys going to get any shooters?

Reactions: HallLine69
What exactly is our lineup going to be then?

Will Kadary be moved to SF type of role? Or will posh be a 6th man?

What exactly is our lineup going to be then?

Will Kadary be moved to SF type of role? Or will posh be a 6th man?
Who knows, but suspect its a 3-guard tandem with Posh, Dawes and KR as a guard/wing that handles and creates.

Rumors are we’re also in the mix for Wusu who shot 36% & 38% from deep the last 2 seasons. Seen some people knock him on here but numbers don’t lie.
Hope he comes too. Would be a nice piece off the bench.

If he's leading the second unit in the 9 or 10 man rotation then it could be a good thing. For me he's not a starting player because of the lack of talent at the other positions. Guy shot in the 20% range from three last year. In addition he creates a lot of turnovers, but also turned it over a lot last year. Good defensive player and good at the line which is important moving forward. Brings energy for sure.

Reactions: mzadnik
if I remember correctly Posh was considered a SHU lean out of HS? Funny how things work out these days.

Reactions: Halldan1
Good move. He is one of the best defenders in the league. When he is on the floor he is always a presence which is something that the Hall will be missing without KC.

Sha is a coach who demands that you play the way he wants you to play and I hope Posh understands that and buys into it . We have to hit it right with every player we sign this year and can’t have players who don’t or it could be another long year.

Reactions: Piratz
Good pick-up for us. Definitely makes us better. Probably got no promises from Holloway, but he is not coming here to be a second-teamer.
HIs choice of us is interesting in view of our tepid NIL presence. Is it potentially, better than many think or less of factor? Despite Posh's poor season, he was a pre season 1st team Big East, and he still has significant potential.

Reactions: garyshu71
We should also go after Sanogo and let him know that if he decides to not test out the NBA draft waters he is welcome to finish his career at SHU where he will be the man and he does not have to share post time with Klingon. He can be the star here and showcase his talents another year and move up in the draft!

Posh is an improvement to our backcourt and the production it had last year. He seems to play with the drive and style Holloway wants. Not a shooter obviously, but scores at the rim and shoots FT at a better rate than we’ve had.

He and Richmond will be a very strong defensive duo.

We should also go after Sanogo and let him know that if he decides to not test out the NBA draft waters he is welcome to finish his career at SHU where he will be the man and he does not have to share post time with Klingon. He can be the star here and showcase his talents another year and move up in the draft!
I admire the thinking but perhaps a tad fanciful

Good pick-up for us. Definitely makes us better. Probably got no promises from Holloway, but he is not coming here to be a second-teamer.
HIs choice of us is interesting in view of our tepid NIL presence. Is it potentially, better than many think or less of factor? Despite Posh's poor season, he was a pre season 1st team Big East, and he still has significant potential.
I agree. Due to our “tepid NIL presence” we will need to rely, for the time being, on lower rated players and guys who were highly regarded but did not pan out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT