ADVERTISEMENT

Reason to Worry

PKT_SP13

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016

Edited: Looks like he did visit Duke and lied about it to keep the heat off (read the convo):

Last edited:
The issue is, so-called Recruiting news sites like 247 and Zags both reported him visiting Duke today. Tre cleared it up. In this case social media cleared up the false news story. Good and bad with social media.

This is nuts!
Wasn't his visit to Duke in his SnapChat? I saw reference to that...probably can't deny the truth unless very few close friends have access to his Snaps. Reality probably says if Duke with Duval can win the national championship he's going there to experience it in year one. But then again he may want to steer clear of Grayson Allen and that coddled crew and commit to SHU and be with Myles and make an NCAA run with the good guys in NJ.

Reactions: Irishwakeup
Wasn't his visit to Duke in his SnapChat? I saw reference to that...probably can't deny the truth unless very few close friends have access to his Snaps. Reality probably says if Duke with Duval can win the national championship he's going there to experience it in year one. But then again he may want to steer clear of Grayson Allen and that coddled crew and commit to SHU and be with Myles and make an NCAA run with the good guys in NJ.

It was a photo of a highway?? Was it not? Then he tweeted he wasn't on a visit.

I doubt the kid is lying on his twitter while his SC shows him visiting Duke. He'd look like a complete buffoon...

Reactions: halltheway
It was a photo of a highway?? Was it not? Then he tweeted he wasn't on a visit.

I doubt the kid is lying on his twitter while his SC shows him visiting Duke. He'd look like a complete buffoon...
Agree, unlikely. We will know soon enough.

This is interesting - Meyer blasting Slater for posting apparently bogus info about Duval's trip to Duke.

Reactions: shupat08
Judging by his exchange with someone on twitter sounds like he's defending Slater and claiming Duval is lying and did indeed visit Duke at some point. Who knows. I'm about ready for this saga to be over. Hopefully it's all worth it in the end.

Reactions: mbraue
I'm usually just a reader of this board but I have to chime in on this one...

He has to be there to do a commitment promotion with Blue Devil gear on, right?...Why else would he 1. Put up a Snapchat story telling the world he is in Durham, then take it down shortly after he realizes people know where he is and 2. Completely deny that he is even there and make a top reporter look foolish in the process?

I'm not being pessimistic, but it's seems clear to me what Trevon was trying to do. Or maybe I'm delusional. We'll know soon (hopefully).

We, SHU, have done everything in our power to lure him to SHU, including all the components of an excellent team, sans a point guard. It's late April, a decision is within a couple weeks, this is Duval & his family's decision. So be it, still hoping Trevon is a Pirate, but SHU needs to be looking elsewhere for PG alternatives...

I've been checking other message boards and blogs. Many think he was visiting Duke to film a video as part of his big announcement.

I don't like the optics of him posting a picture of Durham, then tweeting he's not visiting Duke when, in fact he is visiting Duke.

I hope we have our contingency plan in place.

This is turning into the Lebrun James 'decision'. Filming videos for his announcement? That's a bit over the top. Pick a hat and put in on your head. As many have said we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. Perhaps more than the Kyle Anderson saga.

I've been checking other message boards and blogs. Many think he was visiting Duke to film a video as part of his big announcement.
I could definitely believe that. I think this kid is Duke bound. It's tough to turn them down. they are legit championship contenders next year.

Jesus you guys take everything way too serious.

This is an 18 year old kid who is an elite player. Kids have been doing these commitment videos for a few years now. If that's what he is doing, then good for him.

We have done a great job recruiting him and he has handled this recruitment in a classy way.

Whatever his choice, I wish him luck.

Seton Hall will be in good shape regardless

Reactions: rickj_65
Ive never heard of or seen an "announcement video" but if that is a thing now it makes sense why he would be in Durham and why he wouldn't want the public to kno about it.

Ive never heard of or seen an "announcement video" but if that is a thing now it makes sense why he would be in Durham and why he wouldn't want the public to kno about it.

Except a snapchat photo is public, so it makes zero sense.

We are Seton hall I am sure we will be left disappointed.

Look, we know nothing until we know something. Right now I don't know what to believe. I think we have to take this as it goes. Big bets like this like to make thing public when they can be public and in person. Let's just cool our jets and see what happens.

Seems like he wants his announcement to be an event. Keep everyone guessing.

Posting a picture in the city of the college that has been the heavy favorite to land him kind of takes the drama out of it.

Good news is it looks like the staff learned a hard lesson from the Kyle Anderson nonsense and have been planning for no Duval for awhile.

Delgado is still the main factor in having another good season or turning into DePaul next year.

If we miss out on Duval, I want Walker and the Juco combo guard.

I agree, staff has done a good job of getting us set up with good back up options.

It is what it is, guys. Stop trying to dissect and analyze the mind of an 18 year; you're going to fail every time. All the tea leaves seem to indicate he's going to end up at Duke, because this is inevitably what happens 99 times out of 100. Would be amazing to have him here but, much like the Taurean Thompson situation, I'm over it in my mind. I'd say being considered was awesome and will be helpful, but we barely got any acknowledgement from the media and, much like the Kyle Anderson situation, tough to tell what kind of real, tangible benefit we will see from the experience. Coaching staff is doing a great job, I'd rather focus my own personal attention on the next ones on the list.

Reactions: ceballoj
You're right. Everything is speculation. But it's extremely odd to lie about about visiting Duke after you share on social media that you are in Durham.

Edit: I'm not on Snapchat so I'm not super familiar with the platform but apparently you have the ability to share public snaps/videos with all your friends or you can DM. I just heard that this "commitment video" rumor has legs. Allegedly, he privately shared snaps of his announcement video with friends.

Last edited:
Demote Fred Hill or Billmeier, hire one of Duval's family members as an assistant and give a big FU to Duke.

That would be a fun end to this saga.

Regardless of how the Duval saga ends, I do feel like recruiting is going in the right direction. If Freddie Hill feels like it is time to retire or he has has had enough of the recruiting side of things, I'd rather see us go with an estabished recruiter.

Enough of this drama already.

Felipe Lopez
Al Harrington
Kyle Anderson

Get some recruits here now.

Rumor is Whitehead, Barrett, Griffen, Dalembert, Allen, Delgado, Powell, and Cale apparently all were highly rated recruits and committed or played at Seton Hall - so I have heard.......

Drama Queens ruin this message board.......

Regardless of how the Duval saga ends, I do feel like recruiting is going in the right direction. If Freddie Hill feels like it is time to retire or he has has had enough of the recruiting side of things, I'd rather see us go with an estabished recruiter.
I'm all for bringing on Mike Rice. Can Willard and Rice coexist?

Getting involved and having good recruits mention you is great and all, but you have to start landing some. Powell was a nice get and Cale looks good, but that is not nearly enough to stay relevant in the BE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT