ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

HZF

Recruit
Nov 12, 2019
There were people on this forum who kept saying Rutgers wasn’t good. Unfortunately, they seem to have been wrong. Rutgers is, as I said before seton hall played them, very good. They’re proving it again tonight.

Reactions: Scangg
I guess all good things must come to an end. Seton hall ready for the drive for five. This will be the strongest team we have IMO to make a deep run in the tournament.

Kudos to RU. Would like to see them dancing in March too. They’ve had some painful seasons, a lot of us old timers remember too well how painful that can be.

Usually do not root for them. However, do not mind if they dance, as long as the Hall advances further. Maybe we will play them in the final. ;)

Reactions: SHUMA04
Their program and sports are so pathetic can you really be against them now that the SHU game is done?

Their program and sports are so pathetic can you really be against them now that the SHU game is done?
Their football program has a long way to go. The basketball program is on the cusp of special times...unfortunately for seton hall. But what is, is.

Reactions: JGCPA
Baby steps buddy, try to get to tourney first. Maybe one year Rutgers actually ends up with a better season then the Hall. Don’t think its this year.

FYI since we are forced to play Rutgers every year, some here want your team to do well in the season so playing a bad team doesn’t drain our NET ranking like you guys do every year. On the other hand some also hope you lose every game and remain an embarrassment so it is what it is.

Rutgers is a good team. It doesn't hurt Seton Hall to say that, in fact it helps. The loss is Q1 and doesn't hurt us at all. Would be quite a story if they made the tournament. Pikiell is outstanding and you saw it immediately in year one when he turned them into a solid rebounding team. A stark contrast from Eddie Jordan.

Last edited:
Rutgers is solid, at least at home. Defense and rebounding are strong. From an NCAA perspective, they have 11 wins. Caldwell doesn’t count.

Reactions: thegock
Agree. Going off the rails here. How does Pikiell get so much out of his guys? They keep this up and he will win the recruiting battle over us.

Yep your right a few wins from Rutgers and we’re toast. Smart!

Shouldn’t you be celebrating on your board? Seems more logical.
I’ve been a Pirate since 1971. I was public address announcer at Walsh for six years. I am not happy that Rutgers’ program is on the cusp, because that means recruiting the best local players is going to be that much more difficult, but what is, is, and I’m going to state it whether you or anyone else on this likes it or not. Now go whine somewhere else.

I'm still out the (unpopular) opinion that a good Rutgers benefits Seton Hall (and vise versa). Does it mean some tougher recruiting battles with them? Sure. But having buzz around both programs and the rivalry can make staying home a viable option for kids who wouldn't have considered it in the past.

RU already beating Seton Hall for NJ
Top Recruits in last 2 years . See Rin
Harper and Paul Mulcahy . This year in final 2 or 3 for Cliff 0. Seton Hall not in
Discussion . Myles P gone next year
Rutgers best players All coming back
Next year will make 3 out of 4 for RU

Rutgers is a good team. It doesn't hurt Seton Hall to say that, in fact it helps. The loss is Q1 and doesn't hurt us at all. Would be quite a story if they made the tournament. Pikiell is outstanding and you saw it immediately in year one when he turned them into a solid rebounding team. A stark contrast from Eddie Jordan.
They don’t deserve credit for Q1 w under circumstances

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Harper and Paul Mulcahy . This year in final 2 or 3 for Cliff 0. Seton Hall not in
Next year will make 3 out of 4 for RU

What a rich and storied program. Or is it the sleeping giant has finally awoken?

What a rich and storied program. Or is it the sleeping giant has finally awoken?

Lol! The hyperbole happens every time they get close to a respectable season. The media goes bonkers, The RAC goes from a dump that they want remodeled or torn down to Cameron Indoor and one of the world’s most sacred venues when they’re winning.

Let them have some fun. It’s totally irrelevant to where we are and are going.

If this wasn’t the same story every year I would be worried ... RU (except when SHU has Amaker ) always out recruits SHU for NJ kids and you guys still haven’t made it to the NCAAS for 20 years.

I love how salty a few of you are. Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you knew if RU ever got it's s--t together, its ceiling is much higher than Seton Hall's. Long way to go until RU is the superior program but things are trending in a certain direction.

I love how salty a few of you are. Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you knew if RU ever got it's s--t together, its ceiling is much higher than Seton Hall's. Long way to go until RU is the superior program but things are trending in a certain direction.

While I appreciate the Col. Jessup allusion, where have I heard the rest of this before? Bannon was going to get it done...no, Waters, Rice was going to be passing Seton Hall, and leaving them in the dust, per Politi. Whoops. rutgers has not played one road B10 game. It's going to be enjoyable watching the collapse yet again -- but please bask in your delusion while it lasts.

Nice job Jack Nicholson. How much higher is your ceiling? We have final four potential right now. You beat us, bragging rights you got them. But stop talking ceiling until you accomplish something. You have a nice ceiling with this team but you’re ceiling always looks higher than it really is when you’re viewing it from the basement. 1-3 away from home I think you are? Massive win against Caldwell. There’s still 2 months to go. See what happens. It might be good, but it also might not be.

Lol! The hyperbole happens every time they get close to a respectable season. The media goes bonkers, The RAC goes from a dump that they want remodeled or torn down to Cameron Indoor and one of the world’s most sacred venues when they’re winning.

Let them have some fun. It’s totally irrelevant to where we are and are going.
Once again, Piratz is the voice of reason.

That was a nice win. I am impressed. Yeah, I know about the media fawning. But come on, even RU will have a hard time staying out of the tourney for 30 years in a row...

It's true even a broken clock is right once every 30 years?

While I appreciate the Col. Jessup allusion, where have I heard the rest of this before? Bannon was going to get it done...no, Waters, Rice was going to be passing Seton Hall, and leaving them in the dust, per Politi. Whoops. rutgers has not played one road B10 game. It's going to be enjoyable watching the collapse yet again -- but please bask in your delusion while it lasts.

You're right that they haven't played 1 Big Ten road game - they've actually played 2.

Reactions: thegock and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT